Did Bhagat Prahlad Ji And Dhruv Ji Ever Exist For Real In History Or Is It Mere Mythology ?

Pardza

Is there a Sikhi-centric explanation as to why these beings were ubiquitous back in the day, but nowadays they only manifest in visions and dreams to the select few?

I am a believer BTW, in terms of them existing as stated by Gurbani. If that makes me gullible or whatever, that's fine. But equally I don't want to extinguish the life force of anyone who believes they were metaphorical constructs, lol.

Is there a Sikhi-centric explanation as to why these beings were ubiquitous back in the day, but nowadays they only manifest in visions and dreams to the select few?

I am a believer BTW, in terms of them existing as stated by Gurbani. If that makes me gullible or whatever, that's fine. But equally I don't want to extinguish the life force of anyone who believes they were metaphorical constructs, lol.

Sri Dasam Granth explains all this. The Gods were created to revere the Almighty but they became well corrupted. They started fashioning themselves with attributes associated with Akaal Purkh, people started worshiping them rather than Akaal Purkh. I suppose we as humans were entranced by their powers. I guess to people back then, being able to fly, destroy vast regions were seen as god-like powers.

Now adays with the success of science we can do similar feats so they seem to have lost their lust. The mystery of the universe is one we'll never fully grasp though, hence why even in this day Akaal Purkh is still supreme while these gods are just sidestepped.

God will always remain all powerful lol.

Thank you everyone for replying to my post and I have truly learnt a lot. As others have stated its about the message and what we can learn from the stories be it hindu, sikh stories etc so we can better ourselves and be of service to others. I have come to understand that if a story defies logic then it has been exaggerated over time; normally by the followers of that religion. It kind of reminds me of the people saying so and so baba can see the future, heal the sick with his mere gaze and can levitate etc when most of the time the baba never proclaimed of any of this but the followers make stories up so they can big up their "guru/prophet/god".

From now on I will take any stories as pinch of salt be it from sikhi, hinduism, islam etc rather look and the underlying message so we can better ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

From absolute non dual one solid reality in mool mantar they don't exist as separate/independent reality and hence many great gyanis in our panth have done antriv arths(deep meaning) of gurbani tukhs along with sargun and uthanka. However, in relative reality-sargun, they very much exist do exist in relative reality(lower planes bound by subtle five elemental maya) maya which is mentioned in Sikhi.

In other words, from standpoint of absolute non dual one solid reality in mool mantar once our consciousness is merged in its source it ensues full realization of mool mantar which is supreme state/sehaj samadhi ( thoughtless spontaneous effortless state ) in that state - they simply don't exist but as soon one perceives fragmented reality maya relative realities then they do exist.

Everything is connected with your perception or perceive as world does not independent reality on its own, you create world and you destroy it.

For example again everyone can relate to this example- they simply don't exist hell even world does not exist when we are all gone in deep sleep every night. Supreme state is just like deep sleep without any thoughts- stillness except there is pure awareness/knowledge realization.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਤਾ ਆਪਿ ਮੁਹਹੁ ਕਢਾਏ ॥

O GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.