Mere Exposure/exposure Effect

Big_Tera

What I don't get about that is that sulliyan more often than not grow up in an environment that is infinitely more belittling or condescending or even oppressive towards females, yet they rarely have half the complaints that apneean do, why is this?

I don't think we should eliminate ego on part of apneean (or apnay for that matter) when they do stupid stuff. Just continually pointing at familial failings doesn't explain a lot of what I've seen. As well as the insecure, sullay also target the polar opposite: those jumped up sisters who might be a little pretty and have grown up spoilt, and curiously feel nothing they do is wrong and have contempt for their own menfolk. You know the type.

You are going into the realms of psychology here.

Pakistani Muslim males have dominance over the Pakistani Muslim females. There is a degree of Stockholm Syndrome in there somewhere.

I would say that the reality is that Sikh females have dominance over Sikh males in general (even though we try to parade the opposite) and because of that Sikh females have less respect for the Sikh male.

The stroppy Sikh female for all her "you go girl", "empowerment" secretly respect the Muslim male chauvinism, I would call it "Pakismo".

I think there are things that are hard - wired into the human species from the primal cave man days.

What I don't get about that is that sulliyan more often than not grow up in an environment that is infinitely more belittling or condescending or even oppressive towards females, yet they rarely have half the complaints that apneean do, why is this?

I don't think we should eliminate ego on part of apneean (or apnay for that matter) when they do stupid stuff. Just continually pointing at familial failings doesn't explain a lot of what I've seen. As well as the insecure, sullay also target the polar opposite: those jumped up sisters who might be a little pretty and have grown up spoilt, and curiously feel nothing they do is wrong and have contempt for their own menfolk. You know the type.

because the girls know that they WILL be killed , ours don't feel that level of fear or certainty of violence ,only of letting down parents, if they have no love of parents then there is nothing stopping them . With the whole materialistic punjabiyat mentality compounded with first world freedoms to earn and spend gives the means to do stuff their peers in muslim circles cannot , majority of muslim girls don't work without supervision of journeys to and from work , those that don't get picked up or have to report in are doing the same stupid stuff our girls are doing BFs and all that .

because the girls know that they WILL be killed , ours don't feel that level of fear or certainty of violence ,only of letting down parents, if they have no love of parents then there is nothing stopping them . With the whole materialistic punjabiyat mentality compounded with first world freedoms to earn and spend gives the means to do stuff their peers in muslim circles cannot , majority of muslim girls don't work without supervision of journeys to and from work , those that don't get picked up or have to report in are doing the same stupid stuff our girls are doing BFs and all that .

Even then, they seem to choose sullay BF, or at least convert the guy that they have (they still generally big up Islam anyway, when they get the chance). Plus I'd say that the threat of being killed is probably strongest in the Pak community, not in other sulay ones like Gujus or Bengalis, where they might get beats but murder is rarer so it seems more complex than that.

I think there is more than a little truth in Ranjeet's last post too. Do you never feel that we spoil our girls in comparison to some other communities?

Sometimes I feel it may be that we give our girls a lot of freedom in fear being labelled misogynistic, and that they exploit this. You know our girls are infinitely more confident in confronting their own males than MANY others.

Even then, they seem to choose sullay BF, or at least convert the guy that they have (they still generally big up Islam anyway, when they get the chance). Plus I'd say that the threat of being killed is probably strongest in the Pak community, not in other sulay ones like Gujus or Bengalis, where they might get beats but murder is rarer so it seems more complex than that.

I think there is more than a little truth in Ranjeet's last post too. Do you never feel that we spoil our girls in comparison to some other communities?

Sometimes I feel it may be that we give our girls a lot of freedom in fear being labelled misogynistic, and that they exploit this. You know our girls are infinitely more confident in confronting their own males than MANY others.

The Pakistani male is more aggressive and masculine than the Bengalis and Gujju muslims.

When we ask these questions, we don't get straight answers but we need to observe actions as they are more truthful. People generally say one thing and do another.

If you observe one thing about muslim honour killings they tend to be hijab - less muslim girls (at least when you hear about it on the news), these girls are probably the ones where you have the paranoid fathers and brothers.

Yet you have hijabed girls that run off to Syria without their parents even knowing.

Muslim females are not averse to the attraction of the types of guys some Sikh girls do when they become jihadi brides to "service "the needs the brave warriors of ISIS.

The hijab is used as a pardah (cover) for muslim girls to have all the "freedom" they want without arousing the suspicions of their families because they have the appearance of pious ness.

Generally in society over the last few decades masculinity has been painted as a negative trait and we as Sikhs are not immune to this.

I think the Pakistani Muslim community has either been insulated from this or maybe behind the times in comparison to other communities. This has given other communities a weakness when confronting the grooming situation because in large part the males of these communities have been emasculated.

I think the way to solve the grooming situation is for society to regain the masculine traits (they are positive too), which will help combat grooming situatiom to some extent and it will make the stroppy Sikh female see Sikh males differently because like sheep they will follow popular opinion.

The other way is for society to do a number on the muslim male and emasculate them which would bring them on par with the rest of the non-muslim males. The lack of "Pakismo" will turn off the stroppy Sikh female.

These are just my weird off the wall opinions.