Pro Gamer Sikhism View?

Khalsa589

Atucally got another question about maya, like so how can we have a passion for something when in guru granth sahib it say's always mediate on god name 24 hours, is that our ultimate goal to work towards, obviously i am not on a high sprirtual level right now. Also know that guru's hukam is do honest work truthfully, but how can a average person live truthfully in the dirty of maya, that isnt that high spritualy And yes i will try to be not a$$ being a youtuber/Streammer, hopefully with guru ji blessing may the sangat and guru ji guide me to the right path.[/b]

Motivation, passion, and ambition aren't looked down upon by Sikhi. The problem arises when we neglect the spiritual side of things in favour of the exclusive pursuit of wealth in whichever way.

You'll have to allocate time for simran or meditation, etc, and treat the streaming as if it's a job, I.E set hours that you adhere to. Make a routine and stick to it. That way you can structure non-gaming activities into your day and achieve balance. Basically, make a plan - write it out and hang it a wall if you must - and then follow it.

Gamer here too.

If you're spending all your time on the computer then yes it is very bad. If its more of a small hobby go for it, in small doses it can have some benefits. Just be careful about some of the community you may find on here. They can be very hazardous at times.

It's very hard to become a professional gamer and a professional streamer now a days. Everyone and their moms now want to become a streamer, but to really make it you have to find your niche and then become among the best of the game. After that then you have to go through hell and use your interpersonal skills to get shout outs and get recognized by bigger streamers. Even then it's a very steep curve to actually get the sub button and eventually start getting subscribers.

As far as gaming goes, it's not against Sikhi, but balance is up to each individual and no one knows you better than yourself. Nightblue3 from LoL did a 24 h 100% donation stream for a non profit org for kids around the world and mustered over 30,000 dollars including all money from ads from that day. Just goes to show that you can do good even if you are a streamer, but he has a very very large following to begin with.

Some problems you'll probably face is getting trolled by people if you use your webcam. If you think you have a chance and you're confident enough in a particular game and think you can eventually make a living off of it then you can try, but you should look at your situation objectively and not overestimate yourself. Some of the smaller start up games like h1z1 it's easier to get recognized because it's a relatively newer community, but even then it's very hard to be consistently good at the game and then even harder to get recognized in the community.

At the end of the day the point of gaming is to enjoy what you do and if you happen to become really really good at something then you should try, but your motivation for getting good at a game (imo) shouldn't be to make a living.

• 4 weeks later...

Thx for all the feedback from sangat and gurbani. I think as long as i stay more attached to waheguru , and consider streaming for a job and balance my spiritual live with the wordy affairs i should be ok. I think if i ever fall i always have guru ji for guidance ardas/hukamnama. waheguru ji khalsa waheguru ji fateh

Guest Jacfsing2

Thx for all the feedback from sangat and gurbani. I think as long as i stay more attached to waheguru , and consider streaming for a job and balance my spiritual live with the wordy affairs i should be ok. I think if i ever fall i always have guru ji for guidance ardas/hukamnama. waheguru ji khalsa waheguru ji fateh

Good luck with the gaming channel, (hard to be have one especially since everyone want to be a gamer)?