Authentic Sources For Learning About Sikhism

FireFistAce

I'm new to this forum, I have an interest in Punjabi culture and want to know more about Sikhism. Just using the internet, there's so many different groups with their own agendas. I thought Basics of Sikhi was very useful, are they "orthodox Sikhs"? And are there other groups like them?

Don't equate orthodoxy with hard-line or militancy. That's the worst thing to do. Aside from that, BoS are a great start. Then go from there.

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm new to this forum, I have an interest in Punjabi culture and want to know more about Sikhism. Just using the internet, there's so many different groups with their own agendas. I thought Basics of Sikhi was very useful, are they "orthodox Sikhs"? And are there other groups like them?

What's an "Orthodox" Sikh to you? The official definition of Orthodox is "of, relating to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved." (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/orthodox)

What's an "Orthodox" Sikh to you? The official definition of Orthodox is "of, relating to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved." (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/orthodox)

Which group would you say follows the teachings of Sikhism most closely? So far I think it is Basics of Sikhi but some people on here seem to disagree with them as well