Today Is Gurgaddi Divas

simran345

Back in the day there were no distinctions. Sikhs were complete. Masters of shaster vidya, Knowledge, Gurbani Aarth, Respect to Gurusaroops and Gurudhaams, and Rehitvaan. So that means one sikh was a nihang, akali,taksali,nanaksari, and tapobani. Just look at baba deep singh ji, he was head of either buddha dal or taruna dal ( i forget sorry) which makes him a nihang, he was involved in politics which makes him an akali (jk), he taught gurbani santhiya, wrote lareedar saroops plus ate in sarabloh bate so he is tapobani...maybe thats our problem, we are not complete, but divided like hindus of old, this jatha in charge of learning and paath and priests like brahmins, this jatha in charge of warriors, then the normal sikhs are vaish in charge of earning money to support these jathas.....

Isn't Baba Deep Singh Ji a Taksali?

He would never have attached labels to himself other than a Gursikh of Akal Purakh. I know that's not what you meant, and for the sake of semantics you might say he was a Taksali, but not in the way we use such terms in these modern times. Don't get me wrong, I've huge respect for DDT, no doubt.