Punjab Is Now Clearly A Fascist State

khalsaman1

of all the things you mentioned only potatoes are able to grow anywhere in the world.

There are 2 agricultural tribes in Punjab. The larger one is the Jatts and the smaller one is the Sainis. The Sainis own and farm around 50% of the land in the Hoshiarpur district of doaba (and also comprise around 25% of the Sikh farmers that own the fruit orchards of northern California). The speciality of the Saini is the humble potato and things like onions. This has much to do with the poor quality of soil in their heartlands of district Hoshiarpur. Thus, throughout our history, they have become known as the 'onion farmer'. Rudyard Kipling, in his epic story 'Kim', also incorporated this fact about Punjab by having a Saini onion farmer from Hoshiarpur character in the story.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with anything. But it is a fairly interesting fact when discussing potatos, onions and farming in Punjab.

There are 2 agricultural tribes in Punjab. The larger one is the Jatts and the smaller one is the Sainis. The Sainis own and farm around 50% of the land in the Hoshiarpur district of doaba (and also comprise around 25% of the Sikh farmers that own the fruit orchards of northern California). The speciality of the Saini is the humble potato and things like onions. This has much to do with the poor quality of soil in their heartlands of district Hoshiarpur. Thus, throughout our history, they have become known as the 'onion farmer'. Rudyard Kipling, in his epic story 'Kim', also incorporated this fact about Punjab by having a Saini onion farmer from Hoshiarpur character in the story.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with anything. But it is a fairly interesting fact when discussing potatos, onions and farming in Punjab.

Very interesting. I also come from a farming background but my parents started making wines and now they cultivate vineyards instead of potatoes and maize.

What does it say about pendus that us here in the diaspora who don't farm have better ideas/strategies for their ancestral trade than them...

I'm sure good ol Jagga chacha will be able to quickly do some Google searches from his fields, on his brand new iPhone 6s, just like how we sit in our comfy houses on weekends googling away.

I am not saying they deserve no blame, but it is 20x easier for us too obtain knowledge than it is for them. Most of the older generations there have been working on farms since they were children, didnt have time for school.

I'm sure good ol Jagga chacha will be able to quickly do some Google searches from his fields, on his brand new iPhone 6s, just like how we sit in our comfy houses on weekends googling away.

I am not saying they deserve no blame, but it is 20x easier for us too obtain knowledge than it is for them. Most of the older generations there have been working on farms since they were children, didnt have time for school.

But their children have plenty of time and know full well how to use the interweb.

Stop making excuses for them.