Punjab Is Now Clearly A Fascist State

khalsaman1

What does it say about pendus that us here in the diaspora who don't farm have better ideas/strategies for their ancestral trade than them...

well ...I do think about this stuff too here because when the jungle hits the fan we will all need to feed our folks ...that's why I do research into vertical farming as well as other methods too

p.s. technically I am from the ancestral trade too

well ...I do think about this stuff too here because when the jungle hits the fan we will all need to feed our folks ...that's why I do research into vertical farming as well as other methods too

p.s. technically I am from the ancestral trade too

I'm into self growing too. More for self reliance and an improved nutrient content of the food I eat. Maybe we can share some tips in future?

You ever try growing in winter?

I'm into self growing too. More for self reliance and an improved nutrient content of the food I eat. Maybe we can share some tips in future?

You ever try growing in winter?

was reading book on all year round greens , I use homeopathy meds too to treat plants diseases too... With Waheguru's kirpa I have had good results with the experiments with healing

was reading book on all year round greens , I use homeopathy meds too to treat plants diseases too... With Waheguru's kirpa I have had good results with the experiments with healing

Good stuff!!

I want to try and grow some stuff over autumn/winter. Unfortunately none of the peas I sowed have germinated. Broccoli is surviving. Some spinach shoots come up but then died, but the older ones are holding out. I think foxes are treading over the young shoots at night. Darn lumbrees!

Kale is holding out but don't know what to do with it other than juicing and 'crisps'.

Share some tips if you're ever inclined?

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/17208-anyone-else-into-organic-gardening-around-here/

Pendu originally meant just villager or rural from the Punjabi word Pind. It was used as a derogatory word in the 1950s when the Sikhs agitated for Punjabi Suba and as the majority of Sikhs lived in the villages and the majority of Hindus in towns, the Hindus used the word Pendu to refer to Sikhs. Later on it started to be used by Sikhs from the towns about Sikhs from the villages. Because of it's derogatory usage most Punjabi newspapers stopped using the word when referring to things like rural areas instead of Pendu ilakay they used the words Dehati ilakay. Same with most notice boards or road signs and in official communications.

Well. I think we've seen it all now. Urban, small 3ft X 3ft patch, allottment carrot and cucumber growers giving farmers lectures about farmimg. :omg:

And your 'expert' pendus backhome have done a really good job with the over use of fertilisers haven't they. What's a little cancer epidemic huh? Minor.

How about growing carrots, potatoes, turnips, cauliflowers, leeks, celery, celeriacs and sweet potatoes? One more vegetable I relish eating is red cabbages!! Yum yum yummy..........................aaaaah! These are all my favorites!!

What country are you in?

Guest Jacfsing2

How about growing carrots, potatoes, turnips, cauliflowers, leeks, celery, celeriacs and sweet potatoes? One more vegetable I relish eating is red cabbages!! Yum yum yummy..........................aaaaah! These are all my favorites!!

of all the things you mentioned only potatoes are able to grow anywhere in the world.