My cousin in Windsor

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Today I'm going to tell you something very sad. My cousin in Windsor (Canada) has converted to Islam. He is from Calcutta, came to uni of windsor to study about 3 years ago...parents are still in Calcutta. I don't know whose influence he came under, but now he believes that Islam is the way to go, and has converted.

I NEED YOUR HELP......especially the sangat in Windsor. We have contacted somebody in Windsor who is going to visit him, and see what's going on.....if he's involved with something else or not. But I need somebody VERY Mith Bolra, somebody who you look at and go 'waheguru i want to be like him/her' and I need that person to go talk to my cousin and educate him about Sikhi. I've heard that there are a lot of Sikhs there.

I don't know what to do.....we couldn't even imagine such a thing. My family and I visited him in Toronto this summer when I came for the samagam. (i'm from nj, btw...so that's why i need your help). He still had his turban and dhari at that time, and we didn't have a clue as to what he was upto...(or we would have stayed). He was surprised at the fact that I came just for a samagam. He doesnt know anything about Sikhi....he doesnt even know wat a samagam is (and that's because he's from Calcutta where a lot of muslims live....he speaks Bengali and hindi, so he was not a typical punjabi sikh....but a sikh is a sikh is a sikh....no matter if he speaks chinese or urdu or watever).

Also if you can't really do anything, please do an Ardaas....it works wonders.

If any

of you has experience with a similar situation....please tell me how I need to approach this. What did you do, and tell me if it worked.

Please help me out...I don't know what to do....but I know I'm not going to accept this....and I'm not going to let some Muslim convert MY cousin to Islam. This is a community's problem, and I'm not ready to accept the fact that Sikhs can't get a person to come back to Sikhi. We are not weak. We are Guru's Khalsa, and Khalsa is not weak.

Waheguru ang sang sahaiii

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Look nobody can force conversion, it's his choice, dis-own him.

Forcing him back into Sikhi is just as bad. 

Ensure you know exactly the reasons why he did convert though, might be useful in the future to prevent this kind of thing.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I agree with Mann_Jatt that forcing him back to Sikhi is bad, however, I have to say that disowning him would not solve anything except push him away even more.

Keep talking to him, try to get him in the company of other Sikh's, dont ever make him feel like ur forcing him though. But don't disown him. :|

He chose to become a Muslim, hopefully after learning more about Sikhism he'll come back. Ask him to keep an open mind. Tell him that he gave Islam a chance, and learned about Islam, if not for anything else, then just for general knowledge to learn about Sikhi. Tell him that in the end his ancestors were Sikh's, we're always curious about our pasts and ancestors, this would be a good way for him to learn. Invite him to this site.

You need to get him interested in Sikhi some how, after that it is up to him and Guru Ji to

show him the right path. pray.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaph

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Firstly, I find it VERY difficult to believe that anyone that knows about sikhi, our heritage and our history would accept anything less than sikhi as their path of life.

I would I agree forcing him into sikhi is wrong but there is no harm in educating him indirectly so he makes an informed decision. i.e. still see him and let him see other gursikhs...maybe the fact that other gursikhs still talk to him will make him wonder why they have not disowned him and he will realise what gursikh piyaar is..maybe that will inspire sikhi inside him.

If that doesn't work then at least you know that you tried, at the end of the day this is all up to guru sahib.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Of course nobody is going to force him to do anything or disown him. I just want to find out a way to get him to learn about Sikhi, and come back to Sikhi. It's very hard to manage these situations well because everyone just gets mad and yells...and that's not the way to solve it. I need to find out about Gursikhs in Windsor.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

There is a gursikh, one of the punj pyare I took amrit from, he's pure chardi kalaa, he just moved to windsor area. He works for Nasa I beleive, not 100% sure.

I know if Onkaar Singh ji talks to your cousin it will be good.

I'm not sure but you can try to contact him through his e-mail: khalsaonkarsingh@yahoo.com or khalsaonkaarsingh@yahoo.com

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhainji from what you have written it does seem that your cousin may be a victim of Muslim conversion attempt. It is hard for someone who has arrived to a new country and does not know many fellow Sikhs. These Muslim conversion attempts firstly identify someone who does not know much about Sikhi and does not have many friends. They will do the usual pretending to be his friends. Show some fake interest in knowing about Sikhi knowing full well that that person does not have much knowledge. They will then start bombarding him with literature and how Islam has the 'answer' for everything. They obviously do not let that person discover the true picture that most Muslim scholars disagree over the minutest details. These 'friends' then look for opportunities when they can help him out and generally hang around him like a bad smell allowing the person no time to think about his situation. They try to become a part of that person's life so much so that that person starts to rely on them. That person then feels like they owe his Muslim 'friends' something and think that converting to their religion is a way of paying back their 'kindness'. I doubt that your cousin knows much about Islam but mostly has the Islamic propaganda that these people rely on.

I do not have any contacts in Windsor but can I suggest that you try and post on the Tapoban forum http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/list.ppa?f=1

as most of the posters seem to be from Canada.

It is a sad fact that although we have Gurd

waras in most places in the world yet it is hard to find the kind of support that your cousin needs. Please update us on how you are getting on and feel free to PM me should you require any online help.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Cwif kqyb rwmu Bju baury julm krq hY BwrI ]

kbIrY pkrI tyk rwm kI qurk rhy pichwrI

Give up your Korans, and remember the Lord, you fool, and stop oppressing others so badly, Kabeer has grasped hold of the Lord`s Support, and the Muslims have utterly failed ( SGGS 477 )

first of all, ask him to visit : whyichoseSikhism.com

Let him learn about past experiences of converts.

second of all please show him the right way because islam is nothing but a farce. Please do not let him get taken away from Gursikhi jeevan. has he cut his kesh now? Waheguru will bless him no matter what. Fateh.