garlic

is it true, some one through this up in a "disscussion," is it true that in a tape Sant Baba Takhur Singh says you shouldnt eat garlic.

thanks for your help. just wondering

is it true, some one through this up in a "disscussion," is it true that in a tape Sant Baba Takhur Singh says you shouldnt eat garlic.

thanks for your help. just wondering

Hi Rsingh,

I don't know about that but in many Hindu traditions vegetable that have grown in the soil like garlic, onions etc are not to be eaten because the soil has been polluted and so in turn the food.....................what nonsense you say ehh.. LOL.gif

...........but unforyunately we still suffer from some of the "Hindu Hangovers".............................we're still practicing stuff from those days...................

............one of the reasons why some believe Bandha Bahadhur was not a full amritdhari and Bandha Singh Bahadhur, because he too advocated stuff like this too.....................

........all I can say is this goes aagainst the spirit of Sikhi............. :e:

I have heard if you unroot that stuff u kill it.

another reason is

Back in time every thing use to grow above the ground. Hindu devtas use to eat too much of onions, garlic etc Therefore the stuff became arrogant that we(onions and garlic) are liked very much by devtas so we must be special and stopped growing above the ground. Due to this they devtas said a true hindu wouldnt eat them no more.

Another thing I heard is that this stuff is sinful, if u eat it makes u do sinful stuff

i was specifically told,

"that in a tape Sant Baba Takhur Singh says you shouldnt eat garlic."

it was proberly bull then, ill have ask them o give me the tape or something.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yes Sikhism/Gurmatt has nothing to do with such superstitions.

Onions, gajaars, muliaan, garlic...grow underground and so cannot be eaten !!! Probably made up excuse by some LAZY Brahmin...too lazy to dirty his hands !!! Probably wanted the poor Jatt Jajmaan to give him saag, challian, chholeh, kanak, etc that would be more valuable and tasty !!!

Onions and garlic produce "Gas" and also smell and so may be better not to use if one is going to do a paath raol in an akhand paath or kirtan chowki etc...BUT that is not a religious reason..it is commonsense. By the same token if a paathi is taking some medication that might cause drowsiness, coughing, gas etc also MUST not take that medicine for the period of his raol... The ridiculous reason that these are "underground" should aslo apply to Carrots and Radishes...BUT strangely it doesnt...so why the double standard. Gurdwara langgars dont use Garlic, but they do use ONIONS... again double standard of just following blindly the hindu customs or superstitions.

LOL.gif Jarnail Singh