Help -seeing Guru Ji Visions

Guest Bani

Wjkkwjkf

this is my first time posting to this site and I have come here out of desperation seekig help of the sadhsangat.

To cut a long story short my mother says she can see the light (visions) and can hear guruji.

At first i didn't give this much weight but over the last couple of months the situation took a turn when she was so convinced she was seeing the light and hearing dialogues/conversations in her mind that she even got me and my brother sitting in silence staring at walls where she can see these things.

It started a year ago we moved to location within walking distance to gurdwara in Australia, she started going to gurdwara everyday, soon she started Amrit vela going at 4, and also getting involved with various sewas plus she always listened kirtan/paath CDs. We all thought it was great because she was getting out of the house and found an avenue to pray for problems within the family. But as a result sleep pattern also changed, so too did her motivation/energy to do work around the house. Then we observed changes in behaviour when she would laugh/cry, Stare off in the distance, talk less and generally feel tired and can't think straight.

I am a Sikh and would love to believe that she had been blessed however I am extremely concerned that it is visual and auditory hallucinations or some sort of underlying mental disorder.

Iam really concerned for my mother and I want to get her to get a check up and even see a psychologist but at the same time what if what she is experiencing is true. I tried telling her to see a shrink but she stubborn and doesn't believe she needs to or they will be able to help her.

So please help me out here what do I do?

If people have had visions Is this normal?

Can any one recommend gursikh health professionals in Sydney Australia that can help me?

Wjkkwjkf

Guest Jaspal SIngh

Dear Brother

It is not usual to see visions or hear voices, but it i is entirely possible. We all have spirit guides and it is quite possible that the guide has become more vocal as your mother has become more religious.

I speak from experience as i have had similar experiences and i can assure you that i am completely sane. Try to probe her and find out what her inner voices say. If they guiding her in a good way ie go to gurdwara, do paath, and she is having visions of gurus then this is a good thing. If see is asking you to stare at walls to do darshan explain to her you cannot force these visions and these visions are personal to her, and you wont see them. Tell her not make a huge deal out of it and accept the visions as part of becoming religious. Its difficult not to feel as if you are blessed, special, chosen one ect when this happens, so i can understand what your mother may be feeling. I would regularly find out what her inner voice is saying and if it is pushing her to be more religious its not a bad thing.

Also you can loose interest in things, become more lazy, these are symptoms of meditating a lot. Does she Meditate? I wish you and your family stay well. Pray to Waheguru that you and family can overcome this together. On the flip side I am not a medical expert so I cannot say if they are hallucinations. Point of my post was that it is possible your mother is telling you the truth.

Guest Jacfsing2

Whether she is actually get the blessings of Vaheguru himself, or whether she's hallucinating are 2 different things; however, she should accept that as Hukam instead of ignoring the world especially when there are important stuff going on. I don't know any GurSikh organization in Australia, (don't use one of the helpline for this, since this is probably just a spiritual moment).

Wjkkwjkf

this is my first time posting to this site and I have come here out of desperation seekig help of the sadhsangat.

To cut a long story short my mother says she can see the light (visions) and can hear guruji.

At first i didn't give this much weight but over the last couple of months the situation took a turn when she was so convinced she was seeing the light and hearing dialogues/conversations in her mind that she even got me and my brother sitting in silence staring at walls where she can see these things.

It started a year ago we moved to location within walking distance to gurdwara in Australia, she started going to gurdwara everyday, soon she started Amrit vela going at 4, and also getting involved with various sewas plus she always listened kirtan/paath CDs. We all thought it was great because she was getting out of the house and found an avenue to pray for problems within the family. But as a result sleep pattern also changed, so too did her motivation/energy to do work around the house. Then we observed changes in behaviour when she would laugh/cry, Stare off in the distance, talk less and generally feel tired and can't think straight.

I am a Sikh and would love to believe that she had been blessed however I am extremely concerned that it is visual and auditory hallucinations or some sort of underlying mental disorder.

Iam really concerned for my mother and I want to get her to get a check up and even see a psychologist but at the same time what if what she is experiencing is true. I tried telling her to see a shrink but she stubborn and doesn't believe she needs to or they will be able to help her.

Can any one recommend gursikh health professionals in Sydney Australia that can help me?

Wjkkwjkf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

If you are a female then better seek advice from women support group like

https://m.facebook.com/KaursCornerAustralia/

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Wjkkwjkf

Wjkkwjkf

If she is over 40, then when was the last time she had a health check up? It would be a good idea to get one of these done, if you're not sure about how to deal with the other issues. Any deficiencies in bloods tests, will show in the health check up also.

Hope you get it sorted out, as it must be worrying for you. Keep hope, and make sure your mother gets the help she needs whether medical or spiritual.

VJKK VJKF

Ask her to tell Guru ji to show himself to you like he supposedly does to her?

That wasn't a wise comment. Can you be a bit more sensitive please, it's the OP's mother we are talking about, not some stranger. Have some respect with the wording, as the OP has built up courage to ask on here.

Guest Jacfsing2

VJKK VJKF

Ask her to tell Guru ji to show himself to you like he supposedly does to her?

Guru Sahib only blesses people when he knows it's their time, and you don't "tell" Guru ji anything, we "ask" him to do a benti to us.

It was a sincere comment from me, Kaur ji. I just wanted to see what she would say. Rather, why does the OP not just as Guru Sahib ji himself, as Paramatma ji is everywhere, he will get his answer for sure that way.

I used the word 'tell' because if she 'asked' she may be denied.. Hopefully our time will be coming soon as well.

What are you saying now? What do you think she's going to say? The OP has made it clear what she says.

Oh and now you preaching to the OP, just end it here will you. If you can't be understanding to somebody's problem, then don't even bother writing on it.