Hindu Marrying Sikh Tomorrow

Ranj47

52 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Are we more prone to marrying out of our religion compared to Hindus and Muslims in the uk? I don't think there's any official figures on the subject. If so, what are the reasons? 

Na hindus marry out of their dharam too, possiblymore than some of our lot. Muslims marrying out is becoming a new trend too, there was a report on bbc about it too.

If it muslims marrying out, it is more than highly likely that the non muslim spouse converted.

In the muslim case, it is more likely to be muslim male-non muslim female. The only time you would see it the other way around is the Muslim female's family is "progressive",but the tendency is for the non-muslim male to convert.

That won't be the case with Hindu. It is more likely to be hindu female - non hindu male. 

With Sikhs, the majority of Sikhs marrying out (it seems in my estimation), is the freshy Sikh with the Polish woman.

With established non-freshy Sikhs, or 2nd Gen, 3rd gen Sikhs it is probably more likely to be Sikh female-Non Sikh male. However, in some of those cases I have seen the non-Sikh male become Sikh (in fact they are far more into Sikhi than their spouses, keep kesh and dastaar).

Guest Jacfsing2
4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If it muslims marrying out, it is more than highly likely that the non muslim spouse converted.

In the muslim case, it is more likely to be muslim male-non muslim female. The only time you would see it the other way around is the Muslim female's family is "progressive",but the tendency is for the non-muslim male to convert.

That won't be the case with Hindu. It is more likely to be hindu female - non hindu male. 

With Sikhs, the majority of Sikhs marrying out (it seems in my estimation), is the freshy Sikh with the Polish woman.

With established non-freshy Sikhs, or 2nd Gen, 3rd gen Sikhs it is probably more likely to be Sikh female-Non Sikh male. However, in some of those cases I have seen the non-Sikh male become Sikh (in fact they are far more into Sikhi than their spouses, keep kesh and dastaar).

Don't those Polish folk convert or something? Usually when a male Sikh has an interfaith marriage the women usually convert, (Daas doesn't know how true this is, but the first generation of Sikhs in America married some Mexicans, and many of them seemed to convert to Sikhi). If they can become Sikhs, it wouldn't really matter.

15 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Don't those Polish folk convert or something? Usually when a male Sikh has an interfaith marriage the women usually convert, (Daas doesn't know how true this is, but the first generation of Sikhs in America married some Mexicans, and many of them seemed to convert to Sikhi). If they can become Sikhs, it wouldn't really matter.

That I cannot say but the Polish girls do go to the gurdwara.

The children are often bilingual in Polish and Punjabi. 

I have also seen their offspring with kesh.

5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

That I cannot say but the Polish girls do go to the gurdwara.

The children are often bilingual in Polish and Punjabi. 

I have also seen their offspring with kesh.

There's a considerable number of male Poles I work with, but very little, if any, of their women, but I was wondering what's the appeal for Polish women when they opt for our fresh brothers from back home. I've asked a few, and it visibly rankles them to acknowledge their own women are marrying "out." Is it a marriage of convenience, or are they dazzled by our desi bro's sparkling wit and engaging personalities?

Well, Poland is a fairly homogenous society where there are very few non-white people.

I recall of a few Sikh men that went to Norway and mentioned that blonde,nordic women went crazy over them because it was very rare to see a person of colour.

I suspect that a Sikh man/Punjabi male is seen as an "exotic" beauty by these women. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's a considerable number of male Poles I work with, but very little, if any, of their women, but I was wondering what's the appeal for Polish women when they opt for our fresh brothers from back home. I've asked a few, and it visibly rankles them to acknowledge their own women are marrying "out." Is it a marriage of convenience, or are they dazzled by our desi bro's sparkling wit and engaging personalities?

Why is anyone attracted to anyone in any way? They get a certain amount of chemicals in their brain and hormones and they believe that they like the person, (when in reality, they could know nothing at all about said person). Many Europeans from the underdeveloped parts, (Eastern and Central Europe), tend to be attracted to Middle Easterners, (Turks and whatnot), for absolutely no reason other than it makes them look cool in front of their friends, and when those people see a Sikh guy, that's considered even more exotic, (because how often would a Singh be going to these European countries that don't know English?) When they see Mr.Singh he's got that unique factor to him, and everyone who likes him, will be competing for him, (when most times, the situation is everyone competes for a certain girl), so understandably, it really won't be that hard for him to get a girlfriend and a wife. Why do White men like Asians, Hispanics, and Blacks, especially in areas where it is extremely rare to find such a woman. The only time when this exotic factor is meaningless is when there are too many people of similar cultures, (where there is a lot of Punjabis/Sikhs the factor of one Singh getting a lot of girls becomes totally meaningless as there are now choices of said group). Also our folk seem to be a lot better than those Muslims when girls want to convince their parents to allow the relationship to work out, (and sadly from our community we have some who are really obsessed with having light-skinned grandchildren, if a Punjabi was dating a white girl, the reaction wouldn't be half as bad if he was dating a black girl from our own relatives).