4th Annual Akhand Kirtani Smaagam 16-18 Dec 2004

wales_singhni

WJKK WJKF,

Dear sikhsangat ji,

I am new to this forum although I have been reading your posts here for a while now. I find this a very interesting and informative site. I don't wish for my first post to cause any problems amongst you, I just have a question for the sangat out there.

I love AKJ style kirtan and the last rainsbai I went to in Slough was amazing. I was speaking to my cousins and they told me about the Smaagam being held in Manchester in December. I asked my dad if I could go and he told me he wasn't sure. When I asked him why, he said that for the last few years this smaagam has not been supported or endorsed by Akhand Kirtani Jatha UK. I didn't understand his point until he showed me a letter, signed by respected Jathedar Jarnail Singh of AKJ UK saying that the smaagam was nothing to do with them and advising members not to attend.

My question is simple; is this years smaagam organised by AKJ UK? And if so, is it okay to attend?

Please please do not let this turn into an argument. I would like to know because if it ain't organised by them my dad won't let me go.

Dilraaj Kaur

I wouldn't care if it was endorsed by a particular specific jatha, whethter it be akj, taksal, or whatever. I don't belong to any specific jatha, i juz wanna belong to khalsa panth one day.

so basically, if the keertan thats gonna happen at this smagam is in line with gurmat---> then go and take full laaha of it. As long as they are teaching you the right things, saying the right things, teaching you sikhi or sikh history----> its all good so take laaha of it.

some of us quickly become fans of a certain jatha or a certain keertan raagi jatha......but the thing is no matter who is singing gurbani, you should go and enjoy it.

but then again i know nothing bout these jatha problems what your talking bout with the uk akj wale........so you can take my advice or not........ :H:

this is great gives a great sence on Unite, who cares if its AKJ inter, UK taksal, or who ever as long as its in accordance with gurmat I dont give a monkeys. its sad though how all these orgs seem to splitin into even more fractions, instead or commin together. :wub: @

We are glad to hear that you were amazed by the Slough Rainsubaayee!

The Annual Manchester Smaagam is held by the AKJ. There is also an Annual UK NORTH SMAAGAM next week. Please make an effort to come and give us your Darshan. The Rainsubaayee at the end of this smaagam will be in Leeds on 20th Nov Sat.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!