Am I not welcome in my own home country ?

singhbj singh

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

We are very different from all the other subcontinental peoples, you got the Muslims calling everyone Kaffir, and in Hinduism you got Brahminwaad, the Buddhists have since spread their faith to outside the subcontinental, (something our people were not brave enough to do during the post British Raj), because of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji we don't have to be like the other subcontinental people, but rather blessed with being the best in the world, look at the entire Bhagti movement, they were all hated for loving Vaheguru! Read Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaaran it always talks about Sikh people being a blessed group, (better than the other folks in the world).

Well, if people are going to talk racially - we're racially most closest to all the Pakistani pendus on the other side of the Panjab border, yes those people who've made a grand reputation for themselves as groomers and paedos out here. Who wants that affiliation?? Like I said, if we are different to others, it's because of the legacy of Sikh culture left to us, and the impact of institutes and ideas placed amongst us by the Gurus. 

We might have been blessed in the past, but these days we don't even have a tiny fraction of the good characteristics (bravery, discipline, leadership, confidence etc.) of our ancestors. I see so many Sikh brothers walking around all timid that I laugh at the notion of us being better. Too many people struggle with basic masculinity. As for certain sisters.......they've made such a rep - that they are considered to be good for prostitution or an easy lay (like brown Essex girls) - that's the ugly truth. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

agreed but we don't need to go down that BS path claiming 'we are the chosen people' like insecure Abrahamics ...even Jesus broke away from that mentality stating that whoever was beloved to Akal Purakh was chosen...irrespective of path or creed

Daas doesn't believe all religions are equal, Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is the greatest that's ever come or will come. However, all humans are still equal, regardless of their way of life.

25 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well, if people are going to talk racially - we're racially most closest to all the Pakistani pendus on the other side of the Panjab border, yes those people who've made a grand reputation for themselves as groomers and paedos out here. Who wants that affiliation?? Like I said, if we are different to others, it's because of the legacy of Sikh culture left to us, and the impact of institutes and ideas placed amongst us by the Gurus. 

We might have been blessed in the past, but these days we don't even have a tiny fraction of the good characteristics (bravery, discipline, leadership, confidence etc.) of our ancestors. I see so many Sikh brothers walking around all timid that I laugh at the notion of us being better. Too many people struggle with basic masculinity. As for certain sisters.......they've made such a rep - that they are considered to be good for prostitution or an easy lay (like brown Essex girls) - that's the ugly truth. 

Daas wasn't talking about a racial perspective, it's only because our theology is the greatest that we are the best in the entire world. Also there's a new group of the youth who are coming back into Sikhi thanks to the efforts of grace, across the West. Every group has bad apples, and Daas would rather call a good Christian a brother or sister than the Pakhandi Sikhs you claim, Manas Ki Jaat Sabhe Ek Hai Pechan bo.

29 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

but how many of those 'sikh' example you gave are actually sikh in the sense of the SRM at the least ? very few to none .... people  need to know the treasure and freedom sikhi gives it outweighs anything else .

Nah sikhi is above DNA and Borderlines  and always will be ...that is it unique beauty it joins hearts across immense divides ...Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji teri vaddi kamai

15 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

but how many of those 'sikh' example you gave are actually sikh in the sense of the SRM at the least ? very few to none .... people  need to know the treasure and freedom sikhi gives it outweighs anything else .

Plenty of Amritdharis are timid as hell (though they aren't the only ones), so I don't know what you are on about? A lot of people follow rehat because of the compulsion of their parents rather than any strongly held, personal, internalised belief. That frequently shows in how they carry themselves. 

it's only because our theology is the greatest that we are the best in the entire world.

If we aren't remotely close to living up to the legacy, how can we claim that?

29 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Plenty of Amritdharis are timid as hell (though they aren't the only ones), so I don't know what you are on about? A lot of people follow rehat because of the compulsion of their parents rather than any strongly held, personal, internalised belief. That frequently shows in how they carry themselves. 

If we aren't remotely close to living up to the legacy, how can we claim that?

I f they go deep , they change ... they gain that strange mystical inner strength that others couldn't understand , being built is not the true sign of strength otherwise how would Mata Sada Kaur ji have lead her army on the battlefields ? How would Bachittar Singh ji have beaten that drunk war elephant. 

9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I f they go deep , they change ... they gain that strange mystical inner strength that others couldn't understand , being built is not the true sign of strength otherwise how would Mata Sada Kaur ji have lead her army on the battlefields ? How would Bachittar Singh ji have beaten that drunk war elephant. 

I'm not saying physical build is everything (though it can help), I've seen enough smaller, strong willed guys batter bigger guys senseless over the years. The amount of people who gain that mystical inner strength/conviction thing you are talking about is a miniscule portion of those pressured into it. 

Problem with that approach is that it essentially tears away at inner confidence and allowing people to experience and learn for themselves (which is done because parents are petrified of their children getting into trouble or hurt). This 'conformity' and breaking of will can effect the child's personality with the same fear of breaking rules as an adult but just gets projected onto wider society where they fear breaking the rules and just conform to avoid trouble - regardless of what they look like. 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'm not saying physical build is everything (though it can help), I've seen enough smaller, strong willed guys batter bigger guys senseless over the years. The amount of people who gain that mystical inner strength/conviction thing you are talking about is a miniscule portion of those pressured into it. 

Problem with that approach is that it essentially tears away at inner confidence and allowing people to experience and learn for themselves (which is done because parents are petrified of their children getting into trouble or hurt). This 'conformity' and breaking of will can effect the child's personality with the same fear of breaking rules as an adult but just gets projected onto wider society where they fear breaking the rules and just conform to avoid trouble - regardless of what they look like. 

That's why Guru ji said babania kahania put suput kaaren , the unvarnished history of our people is so so powerful even My folks couldn't stop me wanting to become Guruvali it encoraged them to make it a family thing . I guarantee if we started teaching our history , even the lost will find that certainty inside themselves . we got the hint that this can happen from reactions at first sahibzahidey film