Intercaste marriages

Big_Tera

Why are Sikhs not having more intercaste marriages and what are the barriers? 

I have actually been in a position were I was going to get with someone of another caste but was put of by her family who only wanted someone from their caste. I personally would also feel uncomfortable in another castes family as they may resent me. 

Guest Jacfsing2
31 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Why are Sikhs not having more intercaste marriages and what are the barriers? 

I have actually been in a position were I was going to get with someone of another caste but was put of by her family who only wanted someone from their caste. I personally would also feel uncomfortable in another castes family as they may resent me. 

Agree with @dallysingh101, parents are not open to intercaste marriages.

6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Depends though. I see big changes taking place. Of the generation beneath me, the majority have had intercaste marriages, with parental acceptance - in my time it was much harder. 

I've noted alot of "intercaste" marriages in my generation, the ones before me are stubborn and wont shift on the notion of fake castes. 

19 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Agree with @dallysingh101, parents are not open to intercaste marriages.

I dont think its just the parents how many yound boys and girls feel they are superior to other based on their caste. 

What we need to know is why do they have so much objection to it?  Are Sikhs such un unified people that we hate others simply based on the background they come from. I think what is comes down to is that people feel more comfortable with their own community and we all feel our particular community is the best. Hence are prejudiced against others.Songs and now even more so Movies are promoting caste. Look at all the bhangra songs which subconsciously promotes caste and divides Sikhs.  Britasian should ban all castes nonsence songs. 

Our friendship groups are usually people if the same caste and we only associate with people from our own particular community.  

Also negative stereotypes of the other caste, is another big reason. Like when ppl have said gurbani says there is no caste, ppl usually say ya but the mazbis used to eat dead animals n dont stay that clean. Or that paape r stingy, jats r violent bozos. A khatri woman who married a jat, said her mom was worried that the jats might burn her or kill her after marriage cuz its in the news so much.

Guest Jacfsing2
6 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

What we need to know is why do they have so much objection to it?  Are Sikhs such un unified people that we hate others simply based on the background they come from. I think what is comes down to is that people feel more comfortable with their own community and we all feel our particular community is the best. Hence are prejudiced against others.

Our firenships groups are usually people if the same caste and we only associate with people from our own particul;ar community.  

Caste marriages effect certain castes more as they believe they are the best, (since Sikhi freed the people from Brahminwaad everyone wants to be the new Brahmins), an example would be that Sikh Khatris in particular would rather be incestuous than marrying someone of a different caste.