Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kukar

Dastar / keski

Guest Kukar

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh ji

I'm kesdhari, male. I wear a dastar. I was wondering, can men wear a keski in place of a dastar too? Like many women do. Sometimes I wear a keski around the house or if I'm having a lazy day and aren't going out or expecting company. Just wondered where we stand on this...

Bro a keshki is a dastaar , it can big or small, besides we're supposed to try wearing two thus dumalla ... Most of my family members at home when relaxing will wear the chotti dastar/keshki  which is underdastaar of their dumalla . I tend to wear my smaller one when doing workouts , sleeping  etc . 

BTW a patka is no way a valid swapout if you are wearing  a dastaar.

Guest Jacfsing2
7 hours ago, Guest Kukar said:

I'm kesdhari, male. I wear a dastar. I was wondering, can men wear a keski in place of a dastar too? Like many women do. Sometimes I wear a keski around the house or if I'm having a lazy day and aren't going out or expecting company. Just wondered where we stand on this...

You can wear a Keski at home, but keep the patkas at home if you can. It's meant to protect Kesh.

On 20 February 2017 at 5:19 PM, Guest Kukar said:

It all depends on the length and fabric of your dastaar. You can wear a shorter dastaar indoors but it's always better to wear a longer one outdoors.