Bullying

Guest Sikh

9 hours ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Yes there is get a kirpan and slash it across your tormenters eyes and chest be a brave lioness of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and give them hell

That’s not wise advise. She will end up in jail for doing that. There’s other ways of dealing with it. 

Are mods monitoring these posts? Why hasn’t anything been written for the above post? 

17 hours ago, simran345 said:

How are things now for you? Are you ok? 

VJKK VJKF

I am completely fine now. Gurbani helped me so that's why I suggest it to everyone. To the OP I really hope things get better for you and Vaheguru answers your prayers.

VJKK VJKF

3 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I am completely fine now. Gurbani helped me so that's why I suggest it to everyone. To the OP I really hope things get better for you and Vaheguru answers your prayers.

VJKK VJKF

That’s good to hear, you’re doing good by helping others too. 

VJKK VJKF

12 hours ago, simran345 said:

That’s good to hear, you’re doing good by helping others too. 

I know what it feels like so I thought helping others will help them get through it.

VJKK VJKF

Guest waheguru

Just remember it may feel difficult but when you look back it will just seem like a bad dream. The point is that bad times don't last forever, although it may feel like it at the time. Go through it and be patient that good times will come. Do plenty of Paath and Simran and Guru ji will sooner or later bless you with happiness.

Don't fail the test! This difficult time will pass eventually!

Don't be afraid and I know it may be hard to believe right now but harming yourself will get you no where. I'm just going to assume you're in some country with a minimal sikh population.

Talking to your teachers and office staff in private may be the best thing to do. If there is no physical abuse happening then you may want to preface this conversation by telling them to avoid getting in contact with these stupid students but instead being aware of what's happening and reprimanding the students if it's happens under their supervision (this way they may be scared and the problem will deescalate without them labelling you as a "snitch"). However, if it's reached the level of constant verbal harassment and/or any aggressive physical contact immediately go and ask to speak to school administrators. 

Back when I was in grade 9 I also got bullied but as a guy it got physical. One day after being continuously physically provoked I gave the guy a severe beating and had no problems since. But this type of solution ,even if it works, has many problems as it will distance you from the rest of your peers and not to mention I was lucky not to face physical retaliation later down the line after this happened. So yes please don't be like me and try this unless you need to defend yourself XD and also try to stay happy.

If school is annoying and you can't find friends pick up a hobby or try learning something new. In fact there is so much out there to learn so find what you like and learn more about it. This may even help you discover what you want to do after high school and meet like minded individuals. I'm in second year uni so I feel my advice should probably still be relevant. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MichaelSingh
On 7/7/2017 at 7:24 PM, Guest Sikh said:

At school all my friends have turned their back on me and no one listens to anything I say. I've always been nice to my friends but they just bully me and say I'm too weird to be their friend. Why is Waheguru doing this to me! I do paath and always help others. But now my life is so miserable! I'm a girl in grade 9. Everyday I cry and all I ever hear are rumors about me! No one listens to me and my mom thinks I'm lying! Is Waheguru listening to me? Is there any shabad or paath to help me? I feel so alone and miserable. I have restless nights because I'm scared to wake up and face another terrible day. Sometimes I wish I could just die in my sleep! I cry myself to sleep every night. Even when I do paath it's like Waheguru isn't listening. Please help me, what should I do? I have posted the same thing to another sikhi forum, I would really just like some advice. Thank you so much. Wjkk Wjkf

There are several problems in Sikh living. Somewhere along the road there is a breakdown of communication. Its not necessarily the fault of the child but in most cases it is Western Civilization influence. I am a sworn Police Officer, teacher and member of the Kahlsa. I have seen all too many children that don't undetstand the difference between acting good from acting bad. Being offensive to another is acting bad, yet it goes on everyday. Why? Because children are being indoctrinated by their peers and spreading bad will instead of Good to their fellow man. This short coming can be corrected if it is approached by a member of the School Board, Teacher or Priest. It must be addressed to the right source. The parties that allow this practice must be punished.

Guest MichaelSingh
On 12/8/2017 at 7:37 PM, Guest waheguru said:

Just remember it may feel difficult but when you look back it will just seem like a bad dream. The point is that bad times don't last forever, although it may feel like it at the time. Go through it and be patient that good times will come. Do plenty of Paath and Simran and Guru ji will sooner or later bless you with happiness.

Don't fail the test! This difficult time will pass eventually!

Being in a difficult time is part of life, but allowing Child Abuse and Bullying to occur is against the law. If a person knows of bullying or abuse and does not report it they are guilty of a felony that is punishable by atleast 1 year n prison. This is an American law and it may be different in each country. God gave everyone a chance at freedom to decide if they are to be good or bad. People that do good are protected by laws in most civilized countries. Please don't advise anyone to bare the punishment whether it be physical or psychological. Too many lives have been wasted because of this practice. Instead seek the help of authorities to correct this problem for the sake of all others the could become victims.

• 3 months later...
Guest s2513sup-temp

Hey,

Just remember that life is a very precious gift given to you and you coming into this human incarnation is a rare opportunity.

And maybe try this, don't over do it but if someone makes fun of you use comedy to make that situation funny.. also try showin your affection and appreciation to people you love through actions not words (cause utsat/ninda (praise,deceit) are the same according to Guru's utmost wonderful Gurbani, ((however performing the action might be perceived the same but know the concept))) and be selfish in love/and anything related to it!

Hope that helps I wish I could go back to those times you might not like em now maybe but when you grow older you will cherish those times so take it easy read some buddhist books on ignoring the mind eg.. on Gyan Yoga.

• 3 months later...
Guest Soldier up lil sis

If it helps I don't even speak to anyone from my primary school or secondary school. Also school friends are not always your true friends, your just in the same class as them.  You'll make real friends don't worry and just remember the realist people have the smallest circle.

• The topic was unpinned