Are the panj kakaars equal?

Just wondering what the sangat ji thought of this. Its just that the other day I was listening to a lecture on Sikhism and the speaker said that the most important kakaar is the kara. His reasons were that in everyday life you forget about your other kakaars. But the kara is there to remind you of God - so like when it makes a sound it reminds you to remember Wahegurus name. I was not sure what to make of this so decided to post this - Plz enlighten this Moorakh.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

no, there not all equal

if u take off ure kacherrra, accident or not, ususally with other kakaars we do ardaas and not eat until we put ont he kakaar and after ardaas, but for kacherra u need panj singhs to do ardaas for u

for kesh, kesh is the most powerful kakaar

even dasam granth says without kesh all other kakaars are useless

this is important in bhagti, ure hairs start to vibrate with naam

long complicaed stuff

its on this forum

if u cut ure hair, u have to retake amrit

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i use to have kesh, then i cut them off. im slowly drifting away from Sikhi. If i be absolutely honest yeah.....this is something which has been troubling my mind for a while.....i keep thinking about islam for some reason. i think its cos of some of the peepz at college or what not but i keep thinking about it. :wub: @

Seriously sangat ji, any paaths, keertan, ardaas whatever to make me come back to the panth because i am losing faith quick.

Fateh.

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh

imho Khalistani veer is right.

usually khalsas from the Dam Dami Taksal do one Jap Ji Sahib paath if they drop their kanga, kara or kirpan on the floor.

they don't eat anything until they have retrieved their kakaar.

keski is in the same category, but usually khalsas from the Akhand Kirtani Jatha do not even take it off when bathing - they tie it around their waist.

kachhera and kirpan, i think, require ardas from punj pyare.

some people say just kachhera, some say kirpan too.

and then kes is above all the kakaars. removal of kes is bujjer kurehit.

i think they are all necessary but there is a rank of importance.

please forgive my mistakes,

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh!

Sat Sri Akal:

Khalsa04 Ji, before you consider Islam, perhaps it would be wise to read the Qua'ran and also at the least read some Gurbani (the Nitnem Banis for instance). People say a lot of things, but your guide in the end is the scripture, not the people.

Read and then decide. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

As Khalastani said, the kesh is the most important kakkar, without kesh, wearing any of the others is useless. It says this in dasam granth. I think kashera is 2nd most important b/c of the fact u have to get 5 singhs to do ardas for u if u take it off.

And before converting to another religion, please read some of the Guru Granth Sahib, and than read the quran. There are sooo many differences between the philosophy of these 2 religions. I am sure if u read both Guru Sahib and the quran u will make the right schoice on which religion to follow.

I know of another Singh that faced the same prediciment as you and he eventually chose Sikhi over Islam and he is now one of the best Sikhs I know.

Dont let this episode discourage you from Sikhi, many of us have faced dopubts in our lives, but we have been able to overcome them and become better Sikhs afterwards, and I know you will do the same.!!! :TH:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

for ure thinking khalsa04, u might wanna see www.whyichoosesikhism.com

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Sorry to say this but khalistani veer ji:

Why I choose Sikhism site promotes Hatred and Fanaticism . I think Singhs from UK needs to solve their Internal Affairs with muslims within themselves rather than bring up such propaganda on to the internet which screws up relationships we have with muslims in other countries like america & canada.

Excerpts from that site:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...der=asc&start=0

I m not here to force my opnions on others... so check out the above link i provided you can decide it for yourself.

Khalistani thanks for the info

and to Satkartar

The makers of this website do not intend to slander Islam in any shape or form. There are a variety of facts from the Koran and Islamic history along with Sikh history and Sikh scriptures. The content on this site has been filtered to avoid personal opinions. Our only hope is to bring awareness and education to the community about a very serious issue. We hope the viewers can make their own objective judgments.

This is the story of a Sikh girl who was tricked into converting to Islam for "love." She learnt her lesson the hard way. This site has been made so that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Eternal Regret

I am writing this because I do not want anyone to make the same mistake I did and leave Sikhi for a man, especially a Muslim. This will make sense, if you read on.

I was brought up in a Sikh family and I covered my head most of the time because my parents had told me that this is what I should do. In high school, none of the Punjabi girls wanted to hang out with me because I wore a 'patka'. As the years went by, altough my friends were Sikh, they felt the urge to rebel against their various restrictions and all starting seeing boys in their early teens. I again felt left out because I had no boyfriend. My friends used to invite me to their houses and even some parties, which were known as 'sessions' because everyone just got drunk. My father was amritdhari, so I knew it was wrong to drink, so I'd go with my friends to these parties but not actually do anything..

It was at one of these parties I met a guy, Sheraz who was 19, whilst I was 14. The weekly session was at his house and his brother went to my school. Everyone was drunk so I walked into the garden. I was followed out by Sheraz. We started talking and just managed to hit it off...It was so weird. I never thought I was the kind

of person that could talk to guy. I didn't have a mobile then, so sheraz couldn't contact me. One day he just turned up after school and again we talked and shared the same interests. We could joke about and basically 'chill out' it was really cool, or so I thought...

Sheraz's visits became more frequent and my friends started telling me he liked me. I thought they were all joking because Sheraz was at Uni and I was only a high school kid. But on valentines day, he told me he really liked me. I was so shocked. All my friends were jealous that my 1st boyfriend was a uni guy. They all told me how lucky I was, and I really felt I was lucky. I thought I had found the man of my dreams, he was loving caring, romantic, but there was 1 problem he wasn't sikh. Me and Sheraz started dating for 3 years! By then, I was absolutely in love and I didnt care about sikhi. I used to wear a patka only at home and when I left my house I would take it off. I didnt care about Sikhi because, I knew I had found my partner. I knew I had the man that I wanted to marry.

After high school ended, Sheraz wanted to take on a surprise holiday. My friends told me that he planned to propose to me in Venice so I was lied to my parents about going away. When the day came, I was so excited. I told my parents this was a school trip and arranged to meet Sheraz outside school on the day on a genuine school trip. We took a cab to the airport and started checking in for our flight. I was really excited. When we got to Italy, Sheraz tole me he had a surprise for me and told me we had a connecting flight to catch...as you can probably guess this was to Pakistan (Sheraz somehow got me a Visa through some of his Muslim buddies). I didnt mind, because I was happy to be with him. When we arrived at Pakistan we were booked to stay in a hotel. Everybody treated us really nice and I was soo excited. I was only 16, and this was my first holiday away, in a different country with my boyfriend. It did not even occur to me t

hat we needed separate beds. When I realised what the sleeping arrangements were, I didn't mind because I loved Sheraz, and I felt ready. That night I told him I wanted to stay with him forever. Sheraz, said, if that's what I wanted he would arrange that.

Sheraz told me he loved me and hated other guys looking at me. He told me he wanted me to wear a hijaab (Muslim headscarf). It was sort of like the patka except a little more concealing, so I didn't have a problem with it, plus I thought it would make him happy, so I started wearing it. We lived in Pakistan for a month or two as husband and wife. One day sheraz told me we would have to return because of visa requirements. I had been feeling a bit sick so I went along with what he said and we both flew back to England. The day we got back Sheraz dropped me at the hotel and told me he would be back. I waited, and waited, and waited and waited but he never did come back and I discovered the reason I was sick was because I was pregnant.

I didn't know who to turn to because I hadn't spoken to my family for months. The only place I could go was the government. They put me in social care because I was still a minor and the NHS paid for me to have an abortion. 8 years have passed and there is not one day that I don't think of my parents or what I have lost. Although I call them, I feel too ashamed to see them yet. I have started covering my hair again and have started to realize so much about Sikhism that I never knew before. I feel so horrible that I was blinded by my ignorance into accepting Islam, but one day I hope to take amrit. Once I give my head to my guru I will feel that my sins are washed away and then I will be able to face my parents and the world with confidence once again.