mantragirl.com Using Gurbani for financial gains!!

Guest rsingh

Pheena Ji

The Gurooo Mantra also said this -

i see. So what exactly do you achieve by exploring these mantras??? Cant you write ur own mantras instead of ripping mantras from other places. See Im not against anyone singing Gurbani - or as you call it Sikh Mantras - so long as they do it with a pure heart and complete devotion and faith. But the feeling im getting from you is that you are not doing it for faith or believe but for financial gain instead. I find this sickening!!! Please refrain from using Sikh mantras (Gurbani) like this - as this is the light of God on this world!!! You may use it to praise God but not for financial GAIN!!!!

hence i said not everything he said was wrong. but somethings i do not agree with.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing
nothing else works

I think what this person meant is repeating the name of GOD is the only thing which will lead to salvation!!!! as opposed to their practices of yoga etc!!!!

well so no Yogi can acheive salvation? What is Naam, is it the name of God, then there are infinite names, can i just pick one and acheive Salvation? Or is naam something more than just a name?

I've read this topic, and none of you guys make sense, except for rsingh, who started the topic. The rest of you have blown this into an all out hate war between us and hindus. Today, I gave a presentation to a jewish community, so am I wrong for educating people about our religion? Are we supposed to turn into some sort of enclave that's completely cut off from the world? No, she shouldn't be making a profit, and yes, some of our people do make a profit off of it too, but they're both wrong. I don't know how everyone went from some aethiest making money off of gurbani, to our symbols are the better, and everyone else is wrong. Stop with the sarcasm, this is a forum, but lately people have been perverting it's original intention. This is a sikh youth forum, not some place to sell your propoganda to the youth of tomorrow. You people know who you are, so stop it right now. Unless it's necessary, I'm not gonna post again in this topic, so don't expect a reply when you start trying to pick apart at my post ( I know which ones will)

I've read this topic, and none of you guys make sense, except for rsingh, who started the topic. The rest of you have blown this into an all out hate war between us and hindus. Today, I gave a presentation to a jewish community, so am I wrong for educating people about our religion? Are we supposed to turn into some sort of enclave that's completely cut off from the world? No, she shouldn't be making a profit, and yes, some of our people do make a profit off of it too, but they're both wrong. I don't know how everyone went from some aethiest making money off of gurbani, to our symbols are the better, and everyone else is wrong. Stop with the sarcasm, this is a forum, but lately people have been perverting it's original intention. This is a sikh youth forum, not some place to sell your propoganda to the youth of tomorrow. You people know who you are, so stop it right now. Unless it's necessary, I'm not gonna post again in this topic, so don't expect a reply when you start trying to pick apart at my post ( I know which ones will)

Hmm yes smart singh24 I think ur post is a pile of.......... just jokin bro - good on u for puttin the part about i know which ones will - cant stop laughing about it. LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif soooo true tho - some ppl will disect ur post!!! but not after u said that!!!

As Khalsa4ever said, Our Sikh Granthis or Raagis do not make money off of Gurbani .  And how dare someone try to have Sikhi and Hindus symobls in the same page.  We are better than hindus and so are our symbols.  If they are placed next to each other our symbols are disrespected, because hindu symbols are wrong and bad.  Also only the Sikhs can say Waheguru no one else.  If a hindu says Waheguru, there is a chance he might go home and recite the Geeta which will pollute Gurbani.  Anti-Gurmat.... Also we can see right thru her that she is not worthy of singing gurbani.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Pheena jee, you have misunderstood me. I stated that our Granthis MAKE money off of gurbani: last I checked they sing, record themselves on CDs and tapes, and SELL THEM. But the Sikh Kaum believes its OK because they have devoted themselves to Gurbani, and that is how they make their living, fairly and honestly.

Now regarding your insulting comments regar

ding how "our symbols and our names" are better.

qyry nwm Anykw rUp Anµqw khxu n jwhI qyry gux kyqy ]1] rhwau ]

thaerae naam anaekaa roop ana(n)thaa kehan n jaahee thaerae gun kaethae ||1|| rehaao ||

Your Names are so many, and Your Forms are endless. No one can tell how may Glorious Virtues You have. ||1||Pause||

ikMqy nwmw AMqu n jwixAw qum sir nwhI Avru hry ]

ki(n)thae naamaa a(n)th n jaaniaa thum sar naahee avar harae ||

You have so many Names, Lord, I do not know their limit. There is no other equal to You.

And the most direct of all:

byd kqyb khhu mq JUTy JUTw jo n ibcwrY ]

baedh kathaeb ke

hahu math jhoot(h)ae jhoot(h)aa jo n bichaarai ||

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

the bottom line: God is God is God. IK ON(g)KAAR. ONE GOD. But Infinite in his names. You are no one to say what mark is holier than any other. Any mark that means Waheguroo is equal to any other mark.

AND how DARE YOU claim yourself some kind of judge and DICTATE WHO may SAY Waheguroo or not?

nwnku vycwrw ikAw khY ]

naanak vaechaaraa kiaa kehai ||

What can poor Nanak say?

sBu loku slwhy eyksY ]

sabh lok salaahae eaekasai ||

All people praise the One Lord.

isru nwnk lokw pwv hY ]

sir naanak lokaa paav hai ||

Nanak places his head on the feet of such people.

bilhwrI jwau jyqy qyry nwv hY ]4]2]

balihaaree jaao jaethae thaerae naav

hai ||4||2||

I am a sacrifice to Your Names, as many as there are, O Lord. ||4||2||

byd vKwix khih ieku khIAY ]

baedh vakhaan kehehi eik keheeai ||

The Vedas say that we should chant the Name of the One Lord.

iks hI mMdw AwiK n clY sic Krw sicAwrw hy ]14]

kis hee ma(n)dhaa aakh n chalai sach kharaa sachiaaraa hae ||14||

Do not call anyone else bad; follow this way of life. Those who are true are judged to be genuine by the True Lord. ||14||

Pheena, I dare you to find one piece of evidence that bans one from saying the name Waheguroo, anyone. Guru Nanak came down to show all people (Hindu, Muslim, Buddist, Christian) the truth. ANYONE who follows that truth will be saved from churasee-lakh juun.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Chill out veer, the first part of my post is full of intentional Sarcasm bro. :wub:

And Yea i did kind of blow it out of proportion so i apologize for that...

I am not creating this tension between hindus and sikhs, it is already placed there by the comments such as this

".......... i dont understand How you can pollute the word of God with ur hindu mantras - Plz refrain from doing!!!!"

This person has taken the initiative to speak on behalf of the sikhs. If we are not better but equal to the hindus, then what of their religion. then why the comment above....pollute gurbani with hindu mantras as if it is a virus?? Tell me one HIndu mantra that can be considered a Pollutent??

If i am misinterpeting Please explain to me what this individual is talkign about?

Yoga is part of the Hindu REligion but this person speaks of such comments as this>

" DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE DOING YOGA!!!! AND OTHER SINFUL ACTS - DEVOTE YOUR LIFE TO GOD - HE IS THE ONE WHO GAVE IT TO YOU "

http://mantragirl.com/forum/viewtopic.ppa?t=24

Anyone Hindu reading such a statement would be upset, just as a sikh would be upset if someoen says Simran is not the way to go, but Yoga is. This person has no idea what Yoga is.

If it is not your path, does that give you the right to say it is wrong and a waste of time??

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Our Gurus have said, and it is written in the SGGS and in Dasam Granth, that ALL religions, initially are pure. Over time, many have lost their way and many have become engulfed in ritualistic affairs and do not understand their purpose. HOWEVER, do not forget that these are the majority of the followers, NOT ALL. Those who follow Hinduism as laid out in the Vedas, or any faith as was laid in its pure foundation, can achieve what Sikhi allows us to achieve. Guru Nanak: "If you are a Hindu, be a good Hindu. If you are Muslim, be a good Muslim". If you follow God with faith, regardless of the name of the path chosen, you will eventually find him.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!