pooranmashi

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

pyare veer ji, you are welcome to post any information. By the way it was the same Baba Iqbal Singh who i know. In all of our conversations he always emphasised Panth and Akal Thakht marayada. (pooranmashi is not accepted by it). He said the maryada is to be followed in all the schools. It is my Mama jis paternal land, on which the Bilga school is built.

I could also list further senior names in the Akal Acedemy organisation. But I think Gurbani has already concluded this point.

As i stated earlier " an auspicious day is when Naam is remembered, a non -auspicious day is when it is not."

AKJ, Tapoban etc are all man made, they never pretended to be anything else. Only Khalsa panth is Guru made. Only Guru made things are everlasting. All groups including AKj, will come and go, like misls, etc. Veer ji we do seva of gurbani for sikhi. There is no crime in that. We do seva in many other groups aswell. No one is condemning gurmat organisations such as AKJ, Damdami Taksal, etc. You are pushing samapardays as sikhi. I disagree. As i said, Gurbani, Amrit, Rehit and Panth are essential ingredients of sikhi. Udasi and nirmalas do not think Amrit, rehit and Panth are important. That is their choice. Guru Gobind singh drew a line and asked his sikhs to cross it, "phela marn kabool, jeevan ki shad <admin-profanity filter activated>". The line was Gurbani, Amrit, Rehit and Panth.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Hello Singh Bikramjit,

Why don't you go to that link and debate with him instead of making clown out of yourself on here? LOL.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Kamar Kasa Ji if you are a regular on that forum you would know that myself and countess other Sikhs have debated with the nangs there. But in the end one must accept what Gurbani instructs and give up on debating with fools.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Simran Bhainji,

you are right. Barah Mah (lit. 12 months) is actually a Punjabi literary genre. LOTS of Punjabi poets have written their own Barah Mahs, if i am not wrong lots of Sufis (Bulleh Shah etc), and some other non-Sikh Punjabi poets also wrote such poems on the 12 months.

In Sri Guru Granth Sahib, i think two Guru Sahib wrote Barah Mahs.

And in all types of Barah Mahs, the settings is between the seeker/devotee and Waheguru, and how through different stages of life/age/year a person seeks to meet Waheguru....up and downs in life...very inspiring.

Guest Kamar Kasa
You are pushing samapardays as sikhi. I disagree.

When did i say that sampardayes is everything??

What i did was only put sampardha's which beleive in Bikrami Calendar ie- Pooramaschi and put groups that don't.

Obviously sampardhas are important in Sikhi because without lineage- everyone ends like SGPC.

But Gurbani is more important than anything.

At the end, gurbani is only saviour for atma. We use Sampardha's to do seva and perserve history, interpertations, maryada to help out the Panth and help ourselfs.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Contary to what the nangs try to imply many Nirmalas took active part in the creation of the SGPC and in liberating the gurdwaras from the Mahants. I wonder whether our nang friend in his dark room will be deleting famous Nirmalas such as Mahant Mul Singh from their sampardhai??

Mul Singh, Mahant

Held High Positions in Nirmala Sect and SGPC

Who commuted freely between the main body of the Sikhs and their Nirmala sect, held high positions in both. As a member of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, he played an important role in Sikh religious affairs, though his affiliation to the Nirmala order was unambiguous.

Born around AD 1885 at Goindval in the family of Tara Chand, a Marvaha Khatri, Mul Singh spent the first four years of his childhood at Goindval. Thereafter he was taken to Bathinda where he completed his preliminary education returning to Goindval to study under Svami Bhagat Singh of Pindi Gheb. Mul Singh familiarized himself with the Sikh texts. He then travelled to Amritsar where he formally accepted the discipleship of Sant Ram Singh of Bunga Nirmalian, the oldest among the Nirmala deras or monasteries in the city.

Mul Singh, learned in religious lore and of a charitable disposition, was appointed mahant of the Nirmala Bunga on 21 March 1921 as successor to his teacher, Mahant Ram Singh. This was the time when the Akali movement for the reformation of the Sikh religious administration was at its peak. Mul Singh plunged into the agitation. He courted arrest, along with several other Nirmala sants, at Guru ka Bagh. He served as a member of Shiroman

i Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee for 13 years. His chief responsibility in Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee was conducting of akhand paths. He also acted as the Jathedar, i.e. head, of the Langar Committee. He was appointed Head Granthi or chief officiant of the Golden Temple which office he retained for fifteen years in an honorary capacity. In his own sect also Mahant Mul Singh occupied a position of honour. He also held offices in the Nirmal Panchayati Akhara, Kankhal, and in the Nirmal Mahan Mandal.

Mahant Mul Singh died on 11 June 1982.

Source: Encyclopaedia of Sikhism, Harbans Singh

Firstly Takht sri Haz0or Sahib and Takht Sri Patna Sahib follow the bikrimi Calendar!

Secondly if the nanaksahi calendar is so good, why does it not apply to Guru Nanak Dev Jis Birthday? This gurpurb still is celebrated by the Bikrami calendar by all sikhs! The answer is because the logic of nanaksahi does not apply to it, it fails so the great mr purewal decided to leave it out of the nanaksahi calendar

Thirdly, i believe the akal takht should be respected, but it brings me great sadness to say that nowdays it is nothing more than a political stage from where badals muppet the jathedar speaks!

Fourthly if the gurus themselves celebrated gurpurbs with the bikrami calendar why should we change? are we saying the gurus were wrong to follow it?

Firstly Takht sri Haz0or Sahib and Takht Sri Patna Sahib follow the bikrimi Calendar!

Secondly if the nanaksahi calendar is so good, why does it not apply to Guru Nanak Dev Jis Birthday? This gurpurb still is celebrated by the Bikrami calendar by all sikhs! The answer is because the logic of nanaksahi does not apply to it, it fails so the great mr purewal decided to leave it out of the nanaksahi calendar

Thirdly, i believe the akal takht should be respected, but it brings me great sadness to say that nowdays it is nothing more than a political stage from where badals muppet the jathedar speaks!

Fourthly if the gurus themselves celebrated gurpurbs with the bikrami calendar why should we change? are we saying the gurus were wrong to follow it?

polotics giva and take some will say with jathas other will say with bramin gov

and badools a sell out!