pooranmashi

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, I read Barah maha paat regularly. I do not see how it supports any sikhi connection to pooran mashi. Gurbani clearly directs everyone to one common spiritual path, i.e. Naam. In other shabads you will read Guru ji telling farmers that there crops will flourish if they naam jaap. He suggests they should prepare ther field properly. In other places Bhagat kabir compares his wife, with the second wife really meaning God. These are just analogues. Gurbani is full of them. In Barah maha Guru ji used seasons and months to discuss Naam.

Bikrami and nanakshahi has unfortunately become a controversial issue in the Panth. Veer kamar kassa has put forward some anti-nanakshahi artciles, equally someone else can put pro-ones on. This is un-necessary. Both sides should push for this issue to be debated at the Akal Takht and a clear resolution made. Some will say this has already been done. Then if the anti-nanakshahi are still unhappy, then they should call a sarbat khalsa. That is the correct way to handle this.

The subject is pooranmashi. It has nothing to do with calenders. Also I would add Giani Iqbal singh has made many dubious comments. His motives do seem questionable on many things.

As far as samaparday. I see no connection in Gurmat to them. It is a man made lineage, not Guru Made. Guru Sahibaan made Gurbani, Amrit, Rehit and Panth. This what I accept. Many udasi, nirmale, etc reject Amrit, Rehit, Panth, and only use Gurbani when it suits them. You are welcome to follow them, but I cannot see their paths corresponding to what Guru ji wanted. Baba Attar Singh being a nirmala is a com

plete falsehood. I know his close companions well. He believed in Tat Khalsa ideology. Today some youth are writing this person was a nirmala, and that was a udasi. This is all wrong. They were just Khalsa. These samparaday are nothing more than subtle and indirect caste systems designed to dilute Khalsa brotherhood. As sons of Guru Gobind Singh, we accept only the Khalsa Panth.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest Kamar Kasa

SANT ATTAR HARI SADHU ASHRAM was created by Sant baba teja Singh Ji

He expired in July, 1965. Before his death, he founded in 1957, Sant Attar Hari Sadhu Ashram, Baru, about 20 kilometers from Rajgarh, Himachal Pradesh. A trust was registered to manage the institute. Akal Academy is being run there under the guidance of Baba Iqbal Singh. ♦

This ashram is highly linked/influenced by Nirmala Asharam.

Nirmalaye are pretty loose when it comes to Kakars such as kirpan. So was baba attar singh ji. Here is picture of him got small kirpan in his dastar...

pictureofbabaji.jpg

This are little things off my head to suggest Baba ji had links with Nirmala. Wait until i get his biography and post some of excerpts from it about his links with Nirmala.

Guest Kamar Kasa
As far as samaparday. I see no connection in Gurmat to them. It is a man made lineage, not Guru Made. Guru Sahibaan made Gurbani, Amrit, Rehit and Panth.

Same can be said to Akj followers and sects within Akj- tapoban, panchain, international etc. They are all man-made at the end. Don't you agree wiv me?

You should take this advice to yourself and quit being sevadar of Akj UK Jagjeet Singh :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i see things have stiill not changed, oh well.

The Birthday of Guru Nanak Sahib falls on Kartik Puranmashi i.e. full moon day of the month Kartik

source: http://www.sgpc.net/gurus/gurunanak.asp

Bhai Sahib Ji, i think you have overlooked the first line: Guru Nanak Sahib (the First Nanak, the founder of Sikhism) was born on 15th April, 1469 at Rai-Bhoi-di Talwandi in the present distrect of Shekhupura (Pakistan)...

In the Damdami Taksal link you presented it says Katak Di Pooran Mashi in year 1469 was on 29th november.

-----

Anyone who reads this will be confused.

1. SGPC site says that birthday of Guru Sahib falls on Katak Di Pooranmashi, even though Guru Sahib was not born on Katak Di pooranmashi in 1469.

2. Damdami Taksal site says Guru Sahib was born on K.P., and hence their birthday is celebrated on K.P today also.

-----

How is correct?

- Waheguru knows.

When do we celebrate Guru Sahib's birthday?

- on Katak Di Pooranmashi, ie 26th nov this year.

- Both Nanakshahi calender and Bikrami Calender agree here....because three Gurpurabs/Sikh holidays are celebrated according to BC in the accepted NC.

-> so why are we fi

ghting?

if the panth has agreed upon celebrating on Katak di pooranmashi, even though one part says Guru Sahib was not born on that day, and the other side the opposite.....what the use?

- Why do they disagree??

It is simply because Bhai Bala Ji's Janamsakhi and most traditional accounts say that Guru Sahib was born on K.P. 1469

But, some research done by Karam Singh Historian in the starting of 20th cent. concluded that Guru Sahib was born on 15th april. I believe he used 'Valaitan Vali Janamsakhi' or Puratan/Coolebroke Janamsakhi...i am not sure. but the matter is that it was some new janamsakhi that appeared, which was thought as most authentic that had this new date.

-> So SGPC's conclusion is: Guru Sahib was born on 15th april, 1469, but as Katak Di pooranmashi has become tradition, we have to continue following it.

as long as we celebrate Guru Nanak Dev ji's birthday once a year, its all good, don't matter if you do it in november or april.......no offense intended.

some celebrate vaisakhi on april 13, and i think some celebrate it on april 14 cuz of calendar differences....don't matter which day you celebrate it, as long as you celebrate it i thinks its all good :wub:

Check out where portguese White convert Sikh ripped soo called Nanaksahi followers into peices...shame shame shame

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...naksahi&start=0

:wub: ))))

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Yeah that's one hell of a ripping LOL.gif Basically Bikrami is lunar..blah..blah..feminine...solar ..blah..blah..masculine..sgpc heretics..sirmunni committee..lol

Read this if you really want to know the facts and not some portugese white convert's ramblings.

http://www.sikh.net/SIKHISM/Nanakshahi.htm

Jagjeet bhaji is absolutely correct about Sant Attar Singh Mastuanewale, Santji was one of the leading lights of Tat Khalsa or 'british' Sikhi as some ignoramuses like to refer to them as. The nangs like to pigeonhole every Sant or Ma

hanpurush into their 'four' sampardhai. I'm sure there's some nang in some dark room whose sole duty in the nang setup is to decide into which Sampardha each Sant or Mahanpurush should be placed. And the proof they provide for making Santji as a Nirmala?..oh Santji went to a Nirmala school in his village where he received his education..there you have it irrefutabe evidence that Santji was a Nirmala! The whole ideology of the nangs relies of them proving that there are only four sampardhai and each and every sikh needs to belong to one of these. Oh yeah the same portugese Sikh did one say that these sampardhai are like the elite forces and the rest of the sikhs are like the common soldiers. You just have to chucke at the matt of some people. There are large numbers of Mahanpurushs in history who had nothing to do with either of their four sampardhai. Mind you if name a particular Mahanpurush the the nang in the dark room will place that Mahanpurush into one of their sampardhai by saying that once the Mahanpurush had once bumped into a Nirmala during the Maghi mela at Tarn Taran thereby making that Mahanpurush a Nirmala!!

GurFateh

Bikramjit

I'm sure there's some nang in some dark room whose sole duty in the nang setup is to decide into which Sampardha each Sant or Mahanpurush should be placed.

bruv u dont know how true that sounds LOL.gifLOL.gif

Hello Singh Bikramjit,

Why don't you go to that link and debate with him instead of making clown out of yourself on here? LOL.gif

oh but my bother the only one lookin like a clown here is u rolleyes.gif

btw, this might be sort of tangent but i'll go ahead anyway......I kinda think that Baramaha was to give an analogy of the step by step process or progress of a person merging with God. I didn't think it had nothing to do with you can do this in april, but not this in july, oh do this in june but not august....that typa thing. like some ppl say you can't do such n such on sunday.

If you look at these lines, does it look like an outline of process/progress? or is it juz me and my weird mind? what you guys think? :wub:

In the month of Chayt, by meditating on the Lord of the Universe, a deep and profound joy arises.

.........I touch the feet of one who unites me with God in the month of Chayt.

In the month of Vaisaakh, how can the bride be patient? She is separated from her Beloved.

.........The month of Vaisaakh is beautiful and pleasant, when the Saint causes me to meet the Lord.

In the month of Jayt'h, the bride longs to meet with the Lord. All bow in humility before Him.

.........In the month of Jayt'h, the playful Husband Lord meets her, upon whose forehead such good destiny is recorded.

The month of Aasaarh seems burning hot, to those who are not close to their Husband Lord.

.........The month of Aasaarh is pleasant, when the Feet of the Lord abide in the mind.

In the month of Saawan, the soul-bride is happy, if she falls in love with the Lotus Feet of the Lord.

.........Saawan is delightful for those happy soul-brides whose hearts are adorned with the Necklace of the Lord&

#39;s Name.

In the month of Bhaadon, she is deluded by doubt, because of her attachment to duality.

........Those who love the Guru, the Protector and Savior, in Bhaadon, shall not be thrown down into hell.

In the month of Assu, my love for the Lord overwhelms me. How can I go and meet the Lord?

........In Assu, the Lord, the Sovereign King, has granted His Mercy, and they dwell in peace.

In the month of Katak, do good deeds. Do not try to blame anyone else.

........In Katak, in the Company of the Holy, all anxiety vanishes.

In the month of Maghar, those who sit with their Beloved Husband Lord are beautiful.

........Those who worship and adore God in Maghar, do not suffer the cycle of reincarnation ever again.

In the month of Poh, the cold does not touch those, whom the Husband Lord hugs close in His Embrace.

........Poh is beautiful, and all comforts come to that one, whom the Carefree Lord has forgiven.

In the month of Maagh, let your cleansing bath be the dust of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

........In Maagh, they alone are known as true, unto whom the Perfect Guru is Merciful.

In the month of Phalgun, bliss comes to those, unto whom the Lord, the Friend, has been revealed.

........In Phalgun, praise Him continually; He has not even an iota of greed.