Which Dasam Bani's are highly recommended to read/listen to?

Guest Kaur 2

On 25/11/2017 at 3:11 AM, Kaur72 said:

Everyone has full faith on shri Guru Granth Sahib ji.. and I never said that Chandi Di Vaar can’t be recited after sunset. It can be recited but thn have to continue for the rest of the night that’s what I said.. its not that Chandi Di Vaar or any other path is  to be blamed for the anger or lust that we can’t control.. i blame my own mind coz at the moment I’m working under control of my mind and trying to progress everyday.. and about doing Chandi Di Vaar is Because of the love I have for gurbani and for the ten gurus.. and “sun” if ur referring to sukhmani sahib thn it does has its effect it truly brings peace and happiness atleast for me it does..  and not only Chandi Di Vaar but the whole Guru Granth Sahib praises Akal Purakh and it looks like u have all the knowledge so it’s very good for u. I’m not here to get into arguments.. god bless and about not reciting Chandi Di Vaar after sunset for that Go and read the book called se kinehiya or here I’ll help u with that..

3E4ACA2B-2DF2-4213-A28E-27F02EF49388.png

FFD79609-D991-42E0-A774-DBE6172C3E7E.png

I have read the story and it does not equate to Gurbani final decision of Chandi Di vaar may be read at any time.  You should read the previous chapter of Baba Ram Singh having Darshan of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji and Baba Ram Singh asking why didn't Guru Sahib say anything?  The Singh says you don't do Jaap Sahib.  Baba Ram Singh says its hard to do Jaap Sahib.  The Singh tells Baba Ram Singh that it is hukam of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji that we do Jaap Sahib as part of nitnem.  There after Baba Ram Singh follows the hukam and does Jaap Sahib as part of nitnem.  The teaching of this story is that Hukam of the Guru is the highest order.  Since Gurbani puts no restriction on any Bani time wise, therefore the hukam of remember him all day applies and Chandi Di Vaar may be read after sunset without going all night till sunrise.  

it looks like u have all the knowledge so it’s very good for u. I’m not here to get into arguments..

Why do you have hostility towards me?  I will not feel guilty for looking to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and providing a Gurmat answer to the sangat here.  This is a forum where we can discuss.  Just because I don't blindly accept everything willy nilly does not mean I am arguing.  If you wish not to discuss and only express your views than start a blog or a website.  People pretending to be Taksal the Singh are not fooling those who have sat with Gurmukhs of Taksal and had meaningful discussions with them.  They don't call it arguementive or anything close because they are comfortable with the Gurmat decision they have come too and welcome the critical questioning.  And best part about the real Taksal da Singhs is that they admit when they don't know something.  

Also you should revisit my questions as none of them were answered and you just dodged them.  

7 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

I have read the story and it does not equate to Gurbani final decision of Chandi Di vaar may be read at any time.  You should read the previous chapter of Baba Ram Singh having Darshan of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji and Baba Ram Singh asking why didn't Guru Sahib say anything?  The Singh says you don't do Jaap Sahib.  Baba Ram Singh says its hard to do Jaap Sahib.  The Singh tells Baba Ram Singh that it is hukam of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji that we do Jaap Sahib as part of nitnem.  There after Baba Ram Singh follows the hukam and does Jaap Sahib as part of nitnem.  The teaching of this story is that Hukam of the Guru is the highest order.  Since Gurbani puts no restriction on any Bani time wise, therefore the hukam of remember him all day applies and Chandi Di Vaar may be read after sunset without going all night till sunrise.  

Why do you have hostility towards me?  I will not feel guilty for looking to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and providing a Gurmat answer to the sangat here.  This is a forum where we can discuss.  Just because I don't blindly accept everything willy nilly does not mean I am arguing.  If you wish not to discuss and only express your views than start a blog or a website.  People pretending to be Taksal the Singh are not fooling those who have sat with Gurmukhs of Taksal and had meaningful discussions with them.  They don't call it arguementive or anything close because they are comfortable with the Gurmat decision they have come too and welcome the critical questioning.  And best part about the real Taksal da Singhs is that they admit when they don't know something.  

Also you should revisit my questions as none of them were answered and you just dodged them.  

I have nothing against u. I don’t even know u. The only thing that I didn’t like was the way u were putting ur views in front. Those things should’ve been said in a way better way. That’s all. And we all know nobody is perfect in this world not even me and u.. anything wrong said I apologise for that.. thanks

Guest Taksali
On 11/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Is there any specific timing for Sri Charitropakhyan?

VJKK VJKF

Benti Chaupai Sahib can be read in the morning. Triya Charitar should be read at night to control kaam.

Adi Granth lacks bir ras

Charitropakhiyan gives us  bir ras

And one question I have plz if anyone can answer that is someone told me that females can’t do Chandi Di Vaar da path.. and I just can’t agree with this I mean why.. was this all left now.  Discrimination regarding baniya?? Where does it say that we can’t do Chandi Di Vaar da path. And if it’s true thn really need a valid reason for that.. plz plz if anyone ever heard something like this plz do share ur views. Thanks

8 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

And one question I have plz if anyone can answer that is someone told me that females can’t do Chandi Di Vaar da path.. and I just can’t agree with this I mean why.. was this all left now.  Discrimination regarding baniya?? Where does it say that we can’t do Chandi Di Vaar da path. And if it’s true thn really need a valid reason for that.. plz plz if anyone ever heard something like this plz do share ur views. Thanks

Why can't woman do it? the story is basically about a woman destroying demons. Just more rumours about the bani, My mother used to tell me not to do it as she said it would make me angry all the time. I also heard another story about someone going mad, trust me there's no restriction on it.

4 hours ago, Kira said:

Why can't woman do it? the story is basically about a woman destroying demons. Just more rumours about the bani, My mother used to tell me not to do it as she said it would make me angry all the time. I also heard another story about someone going mad, trust me there's no restriction on it.

Thn why do people say these kinds of things. But I don’t agree as well with the gender code.. thanks for the help.

15 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

And I didn’t see this part before.. this is what I mean..  I think I’ve answered ur questions and also I’m not here to play hide and seek, I dodged them ? plus I’m no expert like u.. I know nothing.. still learning and will keep till I die coz I’m a Sikh and Sikh means a learner. Ok ji now u plz drop ur interrogation part.. and if u know something, instead of pointing people out try to help them by giving answers in a simpler manner.. and about that I believe that story more thn what u say coz that story has been told by a SANT and they won’t put anything without any reason.. there are so many other baniya as well with specific timings so why can’t Chandi Di Vaar has this timing thing. U don’t want to believe  it thn don’t believe it.. it’s as simple as that.. peace!!

5 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

Thn why do people say these kinds of things. But I don’t agree as well with the gender code.. thanks for the help.

because they're misinformed. There's alot of random superstition surrounding alot of banis due to people having many different experiences from them. 

When I was little (around 10) I learnt Sukhmani Sahib but I was too scared to recite it due to the fact that after I would finish it something awful would happen, it was all nonsense in hindsight but we need to remember one thing. Gurbani in any form is never bad for you.