Some people treat this forum like a personal blog at times. 

In response to the now edited topic, why are Sikhs so eager to escape the consequences of their actions? When the full force of their choices are bearing down on them, then talk switches to forgiveness and Dharamraaj. Where was this wisdom and desire for divine leniency when someone else was on the receiving end? 

6 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

In response to the now edited topic, why are Sikhs so eager to escape the consequences of their actions? When the full force of their choices are bearing down on them, then talk switches to forgiveness and Dharamraaj. Where was this wisdom and desire for divine leniency when someone else was on the receiving end? 

I think Sikhs in particular are eager to escape simply due to the nature of SIkhi; Sikhi has by far the strongest sense of morality and right conduct in comparison to other faiths, and it by no means offers you any easy solutions to wash away your wrongdoings or paap. The fact you have to work hard to clear any potential bad karma debt, as well as the one incurred from past lifetimes, is crystal clear, and I think this sort of leads to a state of "learned contrition" and acts somewhat as a deterrent. I genuniely believe this makes us think twice if not more, about our actions and thoughts. What follows is to some extent, a continual practising of mindfulness and reflection.

However, while the above sounds all good, it is a bit idealist, because on the other hand you now have strong dogmatic attitudes in the panth, which IMO, are leading to all sorts of confusion and and sucking the essence of out of what Sikhi is supposed to be. I'll give you an example - I know some people who view rehat in an extremely dogmatic manner; if they don't have time to do Rehras Sahib (or any Bani) they will listen to it, except they have sped up the tempo of the recording to almost chipmunk speeds, just for the sake of getting it done. Without sounding dogmatic myself, I can nearly understand this, but at the same time I do not think it brings one any fal or increases your metephorical karmic pounds. There is no substance behind these actions.

The above are two avenues off one boulevard. It's possible you could say having both is unique to Sikh. Sikhi has the deepest truth, and it causes one to go in search of it, sometimes we get lost.

As for forgiveness, it's a whole other topic. I think very few have the abilty to practise true forgiveness. And when they're facing consequences and all of a sudden forgiveness makes an appearance, something tells me it's to do with the inherent selfishness I believe all humans possess. It's a profoundly deep topic, an existential rain cloud.

Oh and everyone's jalaab comes out if Dharamraaj is involved, so that answers that I reckon.