Jump to content

Why do most Sikhs that eat meat not eat beef?


Recommended Posts

Last time i checked only hindus don't eat beef, there's no bani that specifically says beef is not allowed. I did hear there was some lines in Aggardanti bani where Guru Gobind Singh Ji speaks about cow slaughter, but i've been told the context is different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The cow is also respected in sikhi as a giver of milk and cause of ghis she is also regarded as a mother figure. Not completely like a mother how the hindus do but the cow is still respected. There other other banis such as karninama that also gives respect to the cow as well as rehitnamey

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Singh123456777 said:

The cow is also respected in sikhi as a giver of milk and cause of ghis she is also regarded as a mother figure. Not completely like a mother how the hindus do but the cow is still respected. There other other banis such as karninama that also gives respect to the cow as well as rehitnamey

So it's wrong if i or Sikhs that eat meat have beef?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ScHayer said:

Last time i checked only hindus don't eat beef, there's no bani that specifically says beef is not allowed. I did hear there was some lines in Aggardanti bani where Guru Gobind Singh Ji speaks about cow slaughter, but i've been told the context is different. 

Forget Sikhs, even some Hindus outside India who eat meat, also eat hamburgers (beef).

Link to post
Share on other sites

See 2 different areas in Uggardanti which seem to be against cow killing.

ਯਹੀ ਦੇਹ ਆਗਿਆ ਤੁਰਕਨ ਗਹ ਖਪਾਊਂ
ਗਉ ਘਾਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖ ਜਗ ਸਿਉਂ ਮਿਟਾਊਂ

[ Command me to kill and destroy the Turks. Eliminate the killing of the cow from the entire universe.

https://www.scribd.com/document/50629845/Uggardanti-Punjabi-and-English-Translation-Thanks-dalsingh101-Veerji

XhI bynqI Kws hmrI suxIjY ]Asur mwr kr r`C gaUAn krIjY ]

ieho myrI Kws Arz suxo [rwkiSSW (AsurW) nUM mwrky gaU (grIb) dI rkSW kro [

Kindly adhere to my specific request.Annihilate the evil demons and safeguard the cow (destitute).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prob many reasons.. 

One being cows are domesticated animals in punjab.. my families cows in punjab are surprisingly intelligent and have great personalities and given names.

Your question is similar in principle to asking why do meat eating brits not eat dog or cat meat.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

[ Command me to kill and destroy the Turks. Eliminate the killing of the cow from the entire universe.

https://www.scribd.com/document/50629845/Uggardanti-Punjabi-and-English-Translation-Thanks-dalsingh101-Veerji

Brother, assuming that you have this PDF, can you just upload it to Sikhsangat in a new topic?

Thanks.

(Scribd is highly annoying for charging money for downloading PDFs that people uploaded for free.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ScHayer said:
18 hours ago, BhForce said:

Brother, assuming that you have this PDF, can you just upload it to Sikhsangat in a new topic?

Thanks.

(Scribd is highly annoying for charging money for downloading PDFs that people uploaded for free.)

 

Uggardanti.pdf

Thanks a lot!

If I may ask, who wrote this translation/teeka?

And from what source has the paath been verified?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

The only type of meat I eat is Lamb thats Jhatkad by a Rehatdhari Nihang Singh using a Puratan Sarbloh Kirpan... 

I am sure it doesn't specifically have to be a Nihang Singh?

According to the Budha Dal website, Jhatka is done when the last two lines of Chand Di Vaar is being read out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ADMIN locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use