Amrit and Rehit

Guest Amrit

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

To the OP, you haven't fully understood the concept of amrit. Amrit is when you COMPLETLEY give yourself to the Guru, even your head so that means you give up your intellect and only do what Guru Ji tells you to do. This is GURMAT and we do what WE want to do then it all goes wrong somewhere. We don't know how to live this life so we let Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj take over and we do this by taking amrit. Its not possible to take amrit and not do nitnem because:

ਮਹਲਾ ੨ ॥
mhlw2]
ਮਹਲਾ
महला २ ॥
mehalaa 2 |

ਸਲਾਮੁ ਜਬਾਬੁ ਦੋਵੈ ਕਰੇ ਮੁੰਢਹੁ ਘੁਥਾ ਜਾਇ ॥

Salaam Jabaab Dhovai Karae Mundtahu Ghuthhaa Jaae ||

One who offers both respectful greetings and rude refusal to his master, has gone wrong from the very beginning.

ਮਹਲਾ ੨ ॥
mhlw2]
ਮਹਲਾ੨॥
महला २ ॥
mehalaa 2 |
We commit ourselves to a rehat because then we following gurmat and our ego doesn't get in the way, also because we are less likely to do wrong things. When you are comfortable with following rehat then take amrit. I'm sure you will feel the anand (bliss) whilst doing Naam abhiyaas and nitnem. You will get drawn to this path if you truly want this from the inside. Follow rehat for about a year and do your nitnem then take amrit. Don't rush into it and take it sehaje sehaje if you are doubtful then seek guidance from Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

VJKK VJKF

On 3/5/2018 at 5:47 AM, Guest Amrit said:

I don't want to do nitnem I just want to have amrit. I'll decide if I want to do nitnem after taking amrit.

You are full of EGO, the entire point of receiving Khand Di Phaul is to give your head to the Guru, and follow the Guru hukam, not your own. Amrit doesn't come from drinking out of an iron bowl, Amrit comes from living the message of Bani, which includes giving ones head to the Guru. Simply drinking sugar water will not give you salvation. 

Honestly, even if the Panj Pyare somehow allow you to receive Khand Di Phaul, the Guru will never bless you with Amrit as long as you are so full of Ego. You can fool mortals into initiating you, but you cant fool the Guru.