Sikhi the only way?

Jedi_Singh

Jedi Singh,

This is a long discussion, but please bear with me. Sikhi believes in 5 realms that exist in the afterlife. I'll try to describe them here as best as I can.

Dharam Khand: It is here that all souls go once the body dies and it is here they must face the actions they have done in life and receive orders for their new homes. Heaven and Hell are not elevated realms at all, but temporary ones where a soul receives the fruit of karma and once again returns to life forms. Heaven/Jannat are not Sachkhand. They are very much lower than that. Islam and Christianity do not consider heaven or paradise to be union with God, but simply a very nice place for the soul to reside. Merger with God is not a concept they understand. In fact for Muslims it is blasphemy to even suggest it is possible. Why do these other realms even exist? Becaue God is merciful. Whatever the soul desires, that is what it gets. Those souls desire this place of "beauty" with many comforts, and so they get it.

Gian Khand. This is perhaps as high as "regular" people can go. If you read about astral travellers, they will tell you that the highest they can go is a realm of pure light and knowledge. No questions exist, just knowledge. This is also a temporary realm and not the final resting place for the soul. It is here that you will find Krishan, Shiva, Brahma, Indra, Sidhas, Buddha and others (Japji Sah

ib tells us this).

Sharam Khand. This is where we receive completely new senses and understanding. It is radically different than our consciousness as it is now. Everything from here on in is beyond description and understanding to our brains. Guru Nanak Dev jee tries to let us know but says that if someone tries to describe from here on in, they will regret it. It is as hard as iron (in the words of Guru Nanak) to describe these realms. (That's probably why those spiritual people who describe realms can describe Gian Khand, but nothing more. Because only real bhagti can show us anything higher)

Karam Khand. God is like the sun. His rays are everywhere but he too has place. This is Sachkhand. If Sachkhand is like a home, then karam khand is like the verandah. Saints who have realised that naam is the path to God, but did not have the powerful mantra of Guru Nanak come here. They are very blessed souls.

Sach Khand. This is the Darbaar (court) of God. It cannot be explained. All that can be said is that those who meditate on Gurmat-Naam, the most powerful of mantras and the one with the greatest frequency, come here. It is beyond description.

Amrit is the initiation through which you learn the Mantra of Guru Nanak and receive instructions on how to use it. When the mantra is imparted, some lose all their senses and cannot physically stop reciting it. The jot (divine light) of God is revealed and the more they meditate on the mantra, the brighter it glows. Others who have not such high karma, must work hard at its meditation and eventually they too will reach such a state.

I hope this description has helped.

Whose interpetation are these Piyario??

Secondly teh Bold in the Giaan Khand explanation, the last line has been descussed here many times and i have yet to read/hear an interpetation of the 35th Pauree that explains to me how this conclusio

n is reached?

This is the Translation of the 35th Pauree by Sant Singh ji Maskeen

http://media.waheguroo.com/Other/Katha/Gya...ib_Pauri_35.mp3

Pehaps i missed it but Please point out where does Sant Singh ji say that Buddha, Krishna are residing in Giaan Khand??

Waheguru

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry kp...none of the gurbani tuks provided by bijla singh veer say that gurmat naam is THE ONLY naaam....

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa,

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!

One of my biggest faults is that i read gurbani but sometimes purposely ignore what it says. gurbani is the ultimate truth.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has said:

when i grasped your arm, since then i wouldn't even face towards another

countless people remember raam, raheem, the puranas and kuran - i don't follow any of them.

countless people recite the simrittis, shastras, vaydas and other holy texts - i don't recognize any of them.

Oh Great Sword of Immortal Truth, show your mercy. I am not speaking, this is all your command.

It cannot be ignored that there is one naam, one shabad, one bani, and one guru - that is the teaching of Gurbani.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I will continue to believe in Guru Granth Sahib jee as the "shabad roop" of Akaal Purakh, and the Guru of the world.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!

[

The quote by Guru Gobind Singh ji is from Chaopai Sahib no? If it is the same quote, then listen to the audio below which give you a different prespective.

href='http://www.khalis.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/Choapai.mp3' target='_blank'>

Its 8MB and the shabads in question will start a bit later in the audio. its 8mins long.