Anybody here a police officer ?

13 minutes ago, ZorawarSinghSaini said:

So I live in the bay area and am joining the police academy in August 2018. Its a 6 month course ending in Febuary 2019. Once I have a post certificate , I can apply to police agencies and start making bank. Anybody else doing the same ?

"Making bank"? Exactly how much do they pay police officers in San Francisco, and doesn't most of that just get gobbled up by the outrageous rents?

1 hour ago, ZorawarSinghSaini said:

Starting salary for rookies is 83 k and 7 yrs later is 100k . But even with 83 k, you have to do mandatory overtime and that pushes the salary to 100 k. But SF / bay area is a money pitt, so ill be moving to sacramento and would commute 1 hour plus each way.

OK, quite good if you can stand the commute. 

The average house price in Sacramento is $318K. A $309K house w/ 4 bed, 2 baths will have a mortgage payment of $1592/mo incl taxes and insurance, or $19,104 per year.

Leaving you $80K for other stuff.

So, yeah, bank.

7 hours ago, ZorawarSinghSaini said:

So I live in the bay area and am joining the police academy in August 2018. Its a 6 month course ending in Febuary 2019. Once I have a post certificate , I can apply to police agencies and start making bank. Anybody else doing the same ?

You plan to join the academy, or are already accepted?

So they have other Sikhs in the SF police, or you'd be the 1st?

Do they have a policy for Sikhs? (Like turban colors, placing insignia on turban, etc.?)