Why dont we have sikh hockey players representing england, canada etc. ?

3 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

But then why in Indian hockey team, you will find many players from Punjab?

India is different , there is a chance of getting out of poverty if a career can made in cricket/hockey  , even in India funding is being stolen by coaches whilst kids are abandoned it happened in Australia either late last year/early this year the junior girls team were due to go to Australia the parents broke their backs to pay for the airfare but then once there the coach and assist ran away with the funds to have a good time  and didn't even feed, accompany the girls , it was local sikh sangat who looked after them after they were abandoned with no means of transport or eating , singhs took the girls to the remaining matches they had  and made sure they had everything they needed. Were the coach etc punished by Indian sports council I seriously doubt it , it seems it didn't even make the papers that they endangered minor aged girls in a foreign country.

26 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

India is different , there is a chance of getting out of poverty if a career can made in cricket/hockey  , even in India funding is being stolen by coaches whilst kids are abandoned it happened in Australia either late last year/early this year the junior girls team were due to go to Australia the parents broke their backs to pay for the airfare but then once there the coach and assist ran away with the funds to have a good time  and didn't even feed, accompany the girls , it was local sikh sangat who looked after them after they were abandoned with no means of transport or eating , singhs took the girls to the remaining matches they had  and made sure they had everything they needed. Were the coach etc punished by Indian sports council I seriously doubt it , it seems it didn't even make the papers that they endangered minor aged girls in a foreign country.

I feel it's the other way around. In india there r many stories of sportsmen who won big medals for india but lived a poor mediocre life.

On the other hand, in UK, the govt. must b taking good care of their sportsmen financially. 

11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

why give the flower of our youth to the K4nj$r Indian army or any army for that matter , it has been proven in history that our boys are always sent to catch the backlash from rapisthan army's activities with suppressed locals . Bahminwadi love nothing more than sending our boys home in coffins and shrouds ... we should train them to be excellent for Akal Purakh ki fauj

They have a choice they are not forced to join the Indian army. Its usually a family  thing which is passed down in generations. I agree I would not recommend joining  any army fighting in meaningless political wars.

However The sikhs in the Indian army are well  respected. , you ask any Indian in India and they will say Sikhs are the shield, of India, They respect them fully. Dont base you whole views based on the Indian govt or far right Hindu extremists. THEY DO NO REPRESENT THE WHOLE OF INDIA/INDIANS. 

No one would like to see a a solider being killed and sent home in coffin  inspective of religion/country etc. If they do then they are twisted.    

I think you have blind hate towards Hindu/India. I can understand and fully back your hate for Indian govt (I hate them aswell)  but not the nation. India has many faults but it does have its good points. India does have good people  who have nothing but respect and admiration for Sikhs. To really know India you need to go out and see it for yourself and not just  base your views on what you  hear  in media or the Indian govt. 

35 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I feel it's the other way around. In india there r many stories of sportsmen who won big medals for india but lived a poor mediocre life.

On the other hand, in UK, the govt. must b taking good care of their sportsmen financially. 

in cricket  they earn millions  from IPL. 

India cricket team has 2 Sikhs in  its regular starting 11

Shakar Dhawan (India best opener ) 

Jaspit Bumrah (Supposedly the best death bowler in international cricket  ) I dont rate him thou. leaks runs 

Not sure about Virat Kohli

I have been to India  cricket matches at Edgebaston Birmingham and I see many Sikhs with Dastar's who support India. Young and old . They wear the India  jersey too.   I bet @JKLondon blood pressure must rise  when watching this on TV,  I guess Sky sports will be banned at the @JKLondon household this summer lol. 

3 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

They have a choice they are not forced to join the Indian army. Its usually a family  thing which is passed down in generations. I agree I would not recommend joining  any army fighting in meaningless political wars.

However The sikhs in the Indian army are well  respected. , you ask any Indian in India and they will say Sikhs are the shield, of India, They respect them fully. Dont base you whole views based on the Indian govt or far right Hindu extremists. THEY DO NO REPRESENT THE WHOLE OF INDIA/INDIANS. 

No one would like to see a a solider being killed and sent home in coffin  inspective of religion/country etc. If they do then they are twisted.    

I think you have blind hate towards Hindu/India. I can understand and fully back your hate for Indian govt (I hate them aswell)  but not the nation. India has many faults but it does have its good points. India does have good people  who have nothing but respect and admiration for Sikhs. To really know India you need to go out and see it for yourself and not just  base your views on what you  hear  in media or the Indian govt. 

wrong , my Mama ji was an officer during the nineties sent into an ambush after indian army did paange with local people and he was killed , in 1980s  my Sri Lankan female friends who were Tamil told me that their women were being raped and men killed by Indian army  and point blank asked why sikhs were doing this and I told them how they knew it was sikhs and they said because TV shows sikhs only , fact was Rajiv was letting his hindu kutte free first then moving those battalions out and bringing sikh battalions in to police same areas and filming them there for doordarshan . MY saka Mama ji is a Major in charge of training and there may be a tiny amount of respect but recent films show sikh trainees being abused and demeaned purely for being sikhs in the army, where there were pure restrictions about joining a sikh regiment now you have banavti sikhs applying for the same post from hindu backgrounds and getting in , when discovered the attitude of army admin was so what  . It was the sikh regiments that were left out of independence day parades . The facts are there , the government, civil service, justice system , secret services have NO regard for sikhs in fact it is policy for sikhs to not hold superior post if possible if you state Zail Singh and Manmohan SIngh I will state looking at puppets with no real power doesn't make it true that sikhs have a voice . They have a dalit president but has that stopped the atachaar on dalit populations? No. They Sikhs in president roles when they did hamla on Harmandir Sahib three times and katal aam and continued oppression and disappearences , when Abdul Kalam was President they had the genocide in Gujarat , now we have a Dalit guy and yet Dalits are being mistreated in every location, in every level of working life, education. This is an established policy 'how can we be against sikhs look we have a sikh president'

What I based my idea of India is years of visiting , observation both here and there . and yes there are good people but they are all sheep and will not speak up against the evil that is brahminwadi

3 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

in cricket  they earn millions  from IPL. 

India cricket team has 2 Sikhs in  its regular starting 11

Shakar Dhawan (India best opener ) 

Jaspit Bumrah (Supposedly the best death bowler in international cricket  ) I dont rate him thou. leaks runs 

Not sure about Virat Kohli

I have been to India  cricket matches at Edgebaston Birmingham and I see many Sikhs with Dastar's who support India. Young and old . They wear the India  jersey too.   I bet @JKLondon blood pressure must rise  when watching this on TV,  I guess Sky sports will be banned at the @JKLondon household this summer lol. 

so what there are loads delhi sikhs who openly claim they are hindus ... Watching a sport doesn't make you linked body and soul to the country otherwise I would be Bhutanese/Japanese/Chinese/English etc keep going I would be an International SIkh and guess what that is what our Guru Sahiban wanted us to be free of fake Loyalties to geographic lines . I love the soil of the planet because My Guru ji resides on almost every continent.

I don't watch Sky because I don't waste my valuable time

15 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

What I based my idea of India is years of visiting , observation both here and there . and yes there are good people but they are all sheep and will not speak up against the evil that is brahminwadi

Thats a good point!

In 2012 there was a gang rape in delhi and whole of india protested against the rape and there were candle light vigils everywhere.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videos/news/Delhi-rape-Nation-erupts-in-protest-candle-light-vigil-at-India-gate/videoshow/17682632.cms

Have indians as a whole protested against the rape and killings of hundreds of sikh girls in 84 ?

Have there been candle light vigils in support of the sikh girls who were raped and murdered openly on the roads of delhi in 1984?

On 5/30/2018 at 7:43 AM, shastarSingh said:

Kabaddi and Field Hockey are the 2 most loved sports of Punjabis. 

We have large sikh population in countries like canada, england etc. but why dont we have sikh players representing these countries ?

If we have 4-5 players in the field hockey teams of canada, england, it wil be a great parchar of sikhi and it will also give sikh role models to the  young kids.

Not talented enough

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

wrong , my Mama ji was an officer during the nineties sent into an ambush after indian army did paange with local people and he was killed , in 1980s  my Sri Lankan female friends who were Tamil told me that their women were being raped and men killed by Indian army  and point blank asked why sikhs were doing this and I told them how they knew it was sikhs and they said because TV shows sikhs only , fact was Rajiv was letting his hindu kutte free first then moving those battalions out and bringing sikh battalions in to police same areas and filming them there for doordarshan . MY saka Mama ji is a Major in charge of training and there may be a tiny amount of respect but recent films show sikh trainees being abused and demeaned purely for being sikhs in the army, where there were pure restrictions about joining a sikh regiment now you have banavti sikhs applying for the same post from hindu backgrounds and getting in , when discovered the attitude of army admin was so what  . It was the sikh regiments that were left out of independence day parades . The facts are there , the government, civil service, justice system , secret services have NO regard for sikhs in fact it is policy for sikhs to not hold superior post if possible if you state Zail Singh and Manmohan SIngh I will state looking at puppets with no real power doesn't make it true that sikhs have a voice . They have a dalit president but has that stopped the atachaar on dalit populations? No. They Sikhs in president roles when they did hamla on Harmandir Sahib three times and katal aam and continued oppression and disappearences , when Abdul Kalam was President they had the genocide in Gujarat , now we have a Dalit guy and yet Dalits are being mistreated in every location, in every level of working life, education. This is an established policy 'how can we be against sikhs look we have a sikh president'

I am sorry to hear about your Mamaji. I did  not know that these things happened in the Indian army. Based on what I have been told while in India it was positive.   The Indian army cheif was a Sikh so i always kind of thought Sikhs had high authority in the Indian army. which they rightfully deserve  for sacrifices they have made .

I dont think  young educated people  young India are sheep. I think they are too scared to speak up as the could be locked up or face  police brutality. Indian govt especially under  Modi  does not  allow freedom of speak or expression. 

in anycase I have not been to India in over 7 years. I am not patriotic towards India but still feel I have connection to the country(especially Puniab  based on my background) its  abit of odd one. I would like India to stay united but where all faith are equal  abit like the US/UK model. I guess thats a piple dream. 

I was born and live in good country (England ) where everyone has great chance   to succeed and the Punjabi community has taken it with 2 hands.This is where my focus lies not so much India.