Punjab Suba was a mistake .

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Yeah my mums been there because her nanke are from there and she said many of the men walk around wearing chadars and holding rifles in their hands. The women cover their faces with chunni. I don't think Punjab was that different couple of decades back  

kund kaddna was ravaj in the late sixties early seventies ...not after that

1 hour ago, TejS said:

I see nothing wrong with men walking around in their chadars with rifles. It is much better than men with funky hairtstyles glued to their cellphones.

i agree theres nothing wrong with it and it looks much better than the gold sprayed spikey hair you see in punjab, but their mentality is really backwards. Haryana has one of the highest rates of violence against women and level of female feticide is even higher than Punjab.

6 hours ago, TejS said:

You're in denial. Haryana is doing far better economically than Punjab. It is far more developed too. The politicians of Haryana are far less corrupt than Punjab and are actually working to better the lives of their people.

Here, look at the GDP of Indian states, Haryana is richer than Punjab:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_states_and_union_territories_by_GDP

It's only doing better because Panjab went through 84 . You lack common sense

1 minute ago, TejS said:

What does something that happened 30 years ago that the people of Punjab have already forgotten and are instead too indulged in their menial riches and showoff have to do with the economy? 

The economy of Punjab is falling because our people are, and I have said it many times on here, not interested in any worthwhile pursuits. Farming? Nah we'll let that migrants do that. Education? Nah, we're going to Canada. Business? Nah, that's what Banias do. The only constant thing they pursuit is selling off their lands for materialistic interests. There are no businesses being started and grown in Punjab by Punjabis themselves. No initiatives set up by the gov't to have foreign investment. Even Canada, the beloved country of our people, did not invest into Punjab in their last trip to India. The gov't of Punjab simply could not secure investment that Haryana, Gujarat, Bangalore managed to do.

But then again what do I know? I'm the one lacking in common sense right, so please educate me.

Fact is 84 had huge ripples in the economy . Hell , young men in Panjab were getting picked up and killed at random all throughout the 90's , have you forgotten KPS Gill and his cronies ? The male population is Panjab was affected greatly and then the government started spreading drugs in the state , tell me why Haryana and Himachal don't have a serious drug problem ? Yes, Panjab today is mostly developed as I was surprised to see when I went back this January but there have been huge problems the directly affected the growth.