Random post . Indian Flag is ugly and India is a invader given name.

Gagan1995

So , if any of you live in western countries like I do, you know how much hard time it is to have if you go by indian . If any of you are like me, you tell people you are Panjabi NOT Indian and if they ask where that is , tell them to look it up.  Indian men are looked upon as creeps , then you got those SH ITTING STREETS jokes or POO IN LOO jokes ... It never ends , and many Indians who fit the indian sterotype of looking weak and ugly do get bullied , it happens to some Punjabis as well. Don't even try tinder if you write " indian " in the race / Ethnic colum . You won't get a match . The point is , India's image needs changing , it's happening slowly and will take time until it's a developed country and with the internet what it is today , a country / people or certain groups would get chastised greatly. I mean countries like China have their image under control, even though Asians / Orientals are mocked for " small wee wee , funny names " stereotypes , countries like China , Korea have overcome this by being developed . India has a long way to go before people stop saying horrible things. 

My point is , if you're in the west , you're not " Indian / Paki " , you're Panjabi , Kashmiri , Rajput and other prideful  titles you give yourself as to not be mocked for being Indian. That had me thinking , why is the Indian flag so UGLY ? Orange, white & GREEEEN ? WHY ? <banned word filter activated> . No indian sports team even use green as a primary or secondary color . It's Always Blue , and the only thing blue on the flag is that middle circle . On that note, Green doesn't even mesh well with the other three colors on the flag . So I figured , maybe they make the whole flag Saffron background , and in the middle they put in all the Indian religion symbols in Blue , You would've have the Swastika for the buddisht, Khanda for the Sikhs and a hindu symbol [ I don't know any ] . Kinda like the Nishan Sahib , which is always either a blue or orange back ground and blue or yellow  or orange Khanda in the middle . As for the name Indian , it was given by the invaders from arabia , maybe change it to something ancient like Aryavata , idk . That was another pointless post for the LOLZ.

3 hours ago, Gagan1995 said:

So , if any of you live in western countries like I do, you know how much hard time it is to have if you go by indian . If any of you are like me, you tell people you are Panjabi NOT Indian and if they ask where that is , tell them to look it up.  Indian men are looked upon as creeps , then you got those SH ITTING STREETS jokes or POO IN LOO jokes ... It never ends , and many Indians who fit the indian sterotype of looking weak and ugly do get bullied , it happens to some Punjabis as well. Don't even try tinder if you write " indian " in the race / Ethnic colum . You won't get a match . The point is , India's image needs changing , it's happening slowly and will take time until it's a developed country and with the internet what it is today , a country / people or certain groups would get chastised greatly. I mean countries like China have their image under control, even though Asians / Orientals are mocked for " small wee wee , funny names " stereotypes , countries like China , Korea have overcome this by being developed . India has a long way to go before people stop saying horrible things. 

My point is , if you're in the west , you're not " Indian / Paki " , you're Panjabi , Kashmiri , Rajput and other prideful  titles you give yourself as to not be mocked for being Indian. That had me thinking , why is the Indian flag so UGLY ? Orange, white & GREEEEN ? WHY ? <banned word filter activated> . No indian sports team even use green as a primary or secondary color . It's Always Blue , and the only thing blue on the flag is that middle circle . On that note, Green doesn't even mesh well with the other three colors on the flag . So I figured , maybe they make the whole flag Saffron background , and in the middle they put in all the Indian religion symbols in Blue , You would've have the Swastika for the buddisht, Khanda for the Sikhs and a hindu symbol [ I don't know any ] . Kinda like the Nishan Sahib , which is always either a blue or orange back ground and blue or yellow  or orange Khanda in the middle . As for the name Indian , it was given by the invaders from arabia , maybe change it to something ancient like Aryavata , idk . That was another pointless post for the LOLZ.

truth is no one is Indian because that is not an equivalence to the myriad cultures and kingdoms amalagamated together  so saying you're Punjabi or Rajasthani is not prideful but more spefic to your regionality , culture and language base.  There is not one Indian food culture even ..orange is directly linking to saffron robes of hindus ... They don't use green because that is the colour of Pakisthan and islam (remember in purathaan times muslim army wore green turbans) maybe white is supposed to represent purity  but maybe it's really the colour of their blood.
Our nishaan has either been basanti/yellow or neela/blue ... this orange thing crept in recently and is a saffronisation of our flags much like the corruption and distortions introduced alongside this since the 1930s

Yeah India's flag is really ugly, i don't like it. the circle is nice but the rest is just plain and boring. Was it ghandi who designed it?

I like sri lankas flag though the lion and the sword. It looks like a flag that belongs to a mighty empire! something that a warrior would carry 

Related image

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

When was the khanda made? why is it that we don't see it on old objects or old paintings 

I suspect it was made in 1930s/ 40s after Singh Sabha movement... also the teer has been replaced by the khanda on Nishaan Sahib's posts I think that is also a recent thing as none of the purataan paintings have anything other than a teer on the top of the flagpole/standard