Sikhs having muslim friends

Big_Tera

Should Sikhs have friendships with muslims? A familiar pattern I have noticed is with these friendships is that Sikhs tend to get influenced more by the muslim friends. Also it is very easy for Muslims to start doing their dawah - Convert conversions in friendships circles as no ones suspects it in these circumstances. 

I remember back in college which was mostly muslim. There was a Hindu girl who looked liked the vulnerable kind. Was not the brightest tool in the shed. She was not the clubber or promiscuous type. Was actually the opposite. Very quiet. Anyway she had a mostly Muslim circle of friends. Low and behold she became muslim and started to wear the hijab. Probably due to pressure from her muslim friends. 

That is how I feel we should not become firends with them as they are not to be trusted. Especially in the day and age when they have become even more radicalized by isis ect. 

Well it depends on how strong your faith is and what type of muslim friends you have. same can be said about hanging around with atheist white people, i mean Sikhs who only have white friends can be a bit weird lol   many of them end up being gora-fyed 

I remember this Punjabi guy back in school who only had black friends, he ended up braiding his hair (he was monah) and getting his nose pierced lol  

tbh Sikhs being friends with Muslims aint that common! 

Back in school i used be mates with this mirpuri muslim girl who had white boy friends and drank vodka in school LOL! her siblings weren't religious either she told me she once found a pack of condoms in her sisters hand bag lol! people like them are no threat!  most pakis are Ok, but the Islamic ones are just weird, the ones that talk about sunnah all the time etc  The non religious ones are Ok but  the other kind are not so Ok 

Maybe its just me but the non desi muslims tend to be less islamic, I remember sitting around the table with bengali girl somali girl and egyption guy. the somali girl asked me if we do cousin marriages and i said no, the egyption guy, to my surprise, said cousin marriages are wrong as it can result in disabled kids! the somali girl and bengali girl got really defensive and started saying things like its all in allahs hands (while pointing towards the ceiling) and that genetics mean nothing.   he was a good guy and was very proud of being Egyptian, he was more Egyptian than Islamic. whenever the desi muslims used to talk about whats sunnah and whats haram etc he used to have the <banned word filter activated> look on his face LOL 

21 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

I'd recommend staying away from ones who claim to be athiest muslim/christian or any new age athiest for that matter. They may seem cool or chill but eventually it'll deteriorate. They called my dislike of alcohol 'stupid'. One of the more idiotic things they've said when trying to convert me to their athiestic cynicism was by stating how everything and everyone I know is going to die one day so I should just enjoy myself and have fun. 

You guys might have different experiences but this is mine with non religious 'muslims'.

So you would reccomend staying away from liberal muslims. But you can make freinds with the religious ones who want to convert you? 

25 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

A liberal Muslim will always have loyalty to his tribe not matter what their difference with a religious muslim. 

That is what you have to realise.

A liberal Sikh will not be necessarily have loyalty to the Panth. 

Well this topic is not about wheather you should have liberal muslim friends or gay muslim friends or agnostic muslim freinds or muslims that wear blue hats. Or muslims that only go to mosque on Friday. 

Its about wheather you should have 'muslim' friends. that entails any type of muslim.

jeezzzzzzzzz ?

8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Well this topic is not about wheather you should have liberal muslim friends or gay muslim friends or agnostic muslim freinds or muslims that wear blue hats. Or muslims that only go to mosque on Friday. 

Its about wheather you should have 'muslim' friends. that entails any type of muslim.

jeezzzzzzzzz ?

Well I would say you can have friends who are muslims.

How far you take that relationship is up to you.

That's your answer. 

We will wait for your next topic