Equality

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Okay Sadhsangatji I'm a bit confused as usual, I'm confused because well I was wondering after some girl asked me "I heard sikhs believe in being equal" I said yes we do, and she said if that's so then how come your different from us? How come you have to be have a turban, and beard, and a kirpan, and a kara...and I said well it's apart of our uniform and and apart of my religion, and she still asked but your being different, and then asked why is that you need a turban or a kara in order for you to be identitified? how is that being equal? and I was confused and didn't know what to say...what are your thoughts on this? Shouldn't we be like everyone else in order to be equal,

Sat Sri Akal:

A tree and a tiger are worlds apart in their life, but within resides the Light of the Almighty. Similarly, that Light is within you and her, regardless of the appearance. The Light is the same, but the outer wrapper is different.

In the world, people are born with that same Light, but their responsibilities and roles are different. In fulfulling the roles that were assigned to them by the Almighty, they wear the garb of that role. A police officer and a businessman wear two separate uniforms according to their occupations, but they are both humans inside.

The"occupation" of a Sikh of the Khalsa Panth requires the uniform of the Sant-Siphai, that of the Panj Kakkars. It may be a different uniform from others, but essentially, a Sikh inside is still a human being. Their objective might be different from others, but the substance is the same.

Alright, now that I have confused everyone, I'll stop... :yehyehyeh: