wedding ringsq

Guest sikhs

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

Iv always wondered do amritdharis go down on one knee and propose? 

Would that be wrong for a singh to do?   Not that I would ever do that, but just wondering what other people's opinions on this are ... 

lol, i dont see any problem in that .... 

Guest GuestSingh
6 hours ago, puzzled said:

Iv always wondered do amritdharis go down on one knee and propose? 

Would that be wrong for a singh to do?   Not that I would ever do that, but just wondering what other people's opinions on this are ... 

any singh who does that is either weak and easily influenced by the west or has watched too many romcoms, other crap etc.

prefer the way elders do it - boy and girl agree and family talk bas..

but a lot of folk these days are just people-pleasers who'll do anything i.e. both to compromise what they claim to follow...

as for rings, thats just another now modern western concept that has no history, relevance or meaning in sikhi plus it goes against gurujis hukam..but that aint gonna stop ppl trying...

5 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

any singh who does that is either weak and easily influenced by the west or has watched too many romcoms, other crap etc.

but a lot of folk these days are just people-pleasers who'll do anything i.e. both to compromise what they claim to follow...

as for rings, thats just another now modern western concept that has no history, relevance or meaning in sikhi plus it goes against gurujis hukam..but that aint gonna stop ppl trying...

How does doing a formality, more of a ritual, that can make someone really really happy..... makes you weak person ?

8 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

Yeah I guess romcom singhs would do that kind of stuff...

I wouldn't do that, I find that very cringe

Today people upload marriages, engagements, ceremonies, divorces on social media, so many would feel under pressure to do stuff like proposing on one knee because you need to show something on social media. 

I though sikhs are only supposed go down on their knees for sikhi? When doing matha tek, receiving parshad, receiving amrit etc    not for another person. 

But yeah I guess if people like that stuff then fair enough ...