Ancesstory Test

Big_Tera

Guest GuestSingh
12 minutes ago, puzzled said:

That's so interesting!  Yeah iv read you can use GEDmatch to break it down more, but it costs extra 

I wouldn't of thought a jatt would have a high % of baloch in them, but then again many jatts were nomads so mixed with different people.

A lot of people in my nanke side don't look indian 

Really interesting 

I'm really wanna do it now! Haha 

half jatt (nanke) and half chamar (dadke) myself so guessing my bloodline would reveal more/stronger % of dravidian than a lot of apne...but then some of my nanke are very fair - my nani has green eyes and a little of my facial hair is brown...so unfortunately there may be some european ancestory in there somewhere....

still skeptical of these things but aint done a lot of research into it either.

16 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

half jatt (nanke) and half chamar (dadke) myself so guessing my bloodline would reveal more/stronger % of dravidian than a lot of apne...but then some of my nanke are very fair - my nani has green eyes and a little of my facial hair is brown...so unfortunately there may be some european ancestory in there somewhere....

still skeptical of these things but aint done a lot of research into it either.

Chamars are very diverse, iv seen bare chamars with fair skin, hair and eyes. Jatts on the other hand in general look similar especially the men. Jatt women tend to have more diversity in appearance. 

I wouldn't be surprised if jatts and chamars mixed centuries ago. Jatts were basically nomads. 

Same I have very blonde mucha lol 

Siblings can have different results. Me and my sister look very different. My sister has round features and round face while I have sharp features with oval face. We look very different 

We are jatts but our family name is a Khatri surname 

Guest GuestSingh
43 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Chamars are very diverse, iv seen bare chamars with fair skin, hair and eyes. Jatts on the other hand in general look similar especially the men. Jatt women tend to have more diversity in appearance. 

I wouldn't be surprised if jatts and chamars mixed centuries ago. Jatts were basically nomads. 

Same I have very blonde mucha lol 

Siblings can have different results. Me and my sister look very different. My sister has round features and round face while I have sharp features with oval face. We look very different 

We are jatts but our family name is a Khatri surname 

never really seen or heard about chamars with fairer features...

but ur right about siblings - my dads a little darker than myself so us kids have the jatt 'tone' except one who looks more iranian/turkish/greek than panjabi...my brother-in-law is bhatra and his skin tone and facial features especially i.e. a prominent jawline and nose compared to his siblings and family all seem to vary with each other...

met one or two panjabis in the uk who could pass for black too...

we seem to come in all sorts of colours - we're like jelly babies.

20 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

never really seen or heard about chamars with fairer features...

but ur right about siblings - my dads a little darker than myself so us kids have the jatt 'tone' except one who looks more iranian/turkish/greek than panjabi...my brother-in-law is bhatra and his skin tone and facial features especially i.e. a prominent jawline and nose compared to his siblings and family all seem to vary with each other...

met one or two panjabis in the uk who could pass for black too...

we seem to come in all sorts of colours - we're like jelly babies.

Iv seen chamars with fair features, my mum's pind is a chamar pind and iv seen some there. We have this chamar family that live down the road and they have white skin and green eyes, they don't look Asian, the son actually looks European.  But yeah iv seen a lot of dark skinned ones too. Iv seen a few in India with dark skin and light eyes, that looks really exotic ... 

Maybe it depends on the religion of punjab ... 

Yeah your right  punjabis are diverse in appearance 

Khatris probably have the highest number of people with light hair and stuff   iv seen it a lot among them. Saw this Khatri guy a few weeks back with a ginger dhari and freckles lol  

Guest GuestSingh
39 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Iv seen chamars with fair features, my mum's pind is a chamar pind and iv seen some there. We have this chamar family that live down the road and they have white skin and green eyes, they don't look Asian, the son actually looks European.  But yeah iv seen a lot of dark skinned ones too. Iv seen a few in India with dark skin and light eyes, that looks really exotic ... 

Maybe it depends on the religion of punjab ... 

Yeah your right  punjabis are diverse in appearance 

Khatris probably have the highest number of people with light hair and stuff   iv seen it a lot among them. Saw this Khatri guy a few weeks back with a ginger dhari and freckles lol  

freckles? thought that only happened to chitteh in their youth...

do apne in ur area or even back in the pind start doing bhangra or matha tek when they see these lookalikes? there must be some kind of celebration even if they see the same face day in day out....

33 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

freckles? thought that only happened to chitteh in their youth...

do apne in ur area or even back in the pind start doing bhangra or matha tek when they see these lookalikes? there must be some kind of celebration even if they see the same face day in day out....

Lol naah  not that iv seen

My family are from nawanshahr 

24 minutes ago, Unknownlost said:

Jo Bole So Nirbhay Satguru Ravidass Maharaj Di Jai..!! Jo Bole So Nirbhay Satguru Swami Pipal Dass Maharaj Di Jai..!!

Lol yeah 

A lot of the houses in my mum's pind have bhagat ravidas jis small painting outside their house and also painting of dr ambedkar. 

Guest GuestSingh
5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Lol naah  not that iv seen

My family are from nawanshahr 

met a cabbie from there who gave discounts when travelling in my last job (which helped as commuting was expensive)...remember talking to him about the kharkoos in prison and giving him a cd with lots of dharmik sangeet on it never worked....

mine are from south of jalandhar and heading east i.e. phagwara/goraya...not too far away at all almost 'next door'....

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

met a cabbie from there who gave discounts when travelling in my last job (which helped as commuting was expensive)...remember talking to him about the kharkoos in prison and giving him a cd with lots of dharmik sangeet on it never worked....

mine are from south of jalandhar and heading east i.e. phagwara/goraya...not too far away at all almost 'next door'....

Yeah phagwara is not that far, think nawanashar was a part of jalandhar but then carves out and made into a district.

They renamed it shaheed bhagat singh nagar now because bhagat singhs ancestral pind is there. His pind is like 5 min car drive from my nanke. Iv been to his house it's a nice little old house made out of small bricks, his mother's charka and other family belongings are there.

Not to far from his pind is a museum dedicated to him. It has the bomb shell of the bomb that he used to blast the goreh, it has has ashes and other stuff.   

Gurdwara maachiwara is close to us as well   where guru ji slept on thorns and wrote the shabd mittar pyareh nu 

That's about it lol   nothing else in nawanshahr 

1 hour ago, Unknownlost said:

Jai gurdev dhan gurdev. Lol yes they are funny people you should watch kanshi tv they have some interesting topics. 

They wear colourful clothes i have seen in kanshi tv and seem nice people.

Yeah kanshi tv  but its not really a sikh channel 

Yeah I really like chamars   they are funny and layed back. They are humble which I really like ...