Sikh havelis in Pakistan

puzzled

8 minutes ago, puzzled said:

well punjab, especially the historical gurdaspur region was tricky because there was no clear division between sikhs muslims and hindus, there was no muslim area or sikh area  etc  so they had to draw a line somewhere       jalandhar which today is in the hearth of punjab back than had a massive population of muslims, same with areas like gujranwala in pakistan had a massive sikh/hindu population , so there were no clear boundaries so they just scribbled a line on. i think even amritsar had a good 40% muslim population before partition. 

it still dont change the fact that pakis asked for this line to be drawn, they are to be blamed for everything that happened. they really do cause devastation everywhere they are and everywhere they go. even now in pakistan there is a bomb blast every other day, they even hid osama bin laden in their own country 

The British were in charge,  their fault straight up.

Guest GuestSingh
19 minutes ago, puzzled said:

they are to be blamed for everything that happened.

nah not everything - whitey accepted, anticipated then oversaw one of the biggest migrations and mass genocides seen in modern times and didnt bother to do a single thing - not even a simple risk-assessment - to at least control the violence which wouldve reduced the number of deaths, casualties etc...

fact is they were happy to let browny kill one another - cuz they see us all as one and the same and beneath em...they wanted their remaining lot to not be widowed during the movement and so they could also retire home with a pot of gold - after looting and depleting 'india' of nearly all of it.

mountbatten when asked about probable riots: 

At least on this question I shall give you complete assurance. I shall see to it that there is no bloodshed and riot. I am a soldier and not a civilian. Once partition is accepted in principle, I shall issue orders to see that there are no communal disturbances anywhere in the country. If there should be the slightest agitation, I shall adopt the sternest measures to nip the trouble in the bud. I shall not even use the armed police. I will order the Army to act and I will use tanks and aeroplanes to suppress anybody who wants to make trouble.

they knew exactly what they were doing.

they really do cause devastation everywhere they are and everywhere they go.

so does whitey - colonial rule, recent war in the middle east, environmental pollution, modern farming practices...the list is endless.

plus it depends on ur definition of 'devastation' - it can be more secretive and physchological like the chitteh who completely damaged the psyche of our people and distorted our identity, culture and faith that still affect our lot today...or it can be open and physical like the suleh but which is worse? losing numbers thru pain and suffering or thru confusion and deception? people come and go but not idelogies i.e. identity...

14 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

i agree the British could of done a lot more to prevent the violence but they really didn't give a sh1t. 

i think the whole think was too rushed, no thought went into drawing the line. they just wanted to get it over and done with and then ship back to Britain. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 2:23 AM, puzzled said:

well punjab, especially the historical gurdaspur region was tricky because there was no clear division between sikhs muslims and hindus, there was no muslim area or sikh area  etc  so they had to draw a line somewhere       jalandhar which today is in the hearth of punjab back than had a massive population of muslims, same with areas like gujranwala in pakistan had a massive sikh/hindu population , so there were no clear boundaries so they just scribbled a line on. i think even amritsar had a good 40% muslim population before partition. 

it still dont change the fact that pakis asked for this line to be drawn, they are to be blamed for everything that happened. they really do cause devastation everywhere they are and everywhere they go. even now in pakistan there is a bomb blast every other day, they even hid osama bin laden in their own country 

Lovely use of racial epitephs there; 'Paki' this and 'Paki' that. 

Have a wider read of partition literature because your current views seem pretty myopic and un-nuanced. Yes Jinnah and various other muslim intelligesta of the time were worried about what a Hindu majority rule meant for areas and regions that had a muslim minority. Strategically, a more Federal/Autonomous region compromised of muslim majority states (i.e. Pakistan today) was envisioned by Jinnah to be able to have a strong voice in an independant India where by political protection could be offered to muslim minority areas.

Jinnah's vision wasn't neccessarily a defined and separate nation. He wanted pourous and open borders. Have a read of Ayesha Jalal and Jaswant Singh's (banned in India for a period) books on this subject if you want a more holistic and contextualised view. 

Does it ever strike you btw that on the one hand you pine and hark about sikhi history, spirituality and philosophy...and on the other hand display such a narrow and frankly antagonistic view of 200mn people - who you have never met, nor sat with and engaged in deep meaningful discourse with? Its funny, because you sound just like a hardcore salafi/bakhti/evangelical etc. I guess any religion in the hands of small minded men yields the same bakwaas.

Also many events happened during partition which shaped it. Nehru's isolation of Jinnah and his focus in Prime Ministerialship Bose's support of axis powers to rid India of the Raj which was rejected by the likes of Gandhi and Jinnah. Gandhi's support and then rejection of supporting the Khalifate movement which opposed British interference in the Ottaman empire. Don't think of it in a vacuum dude