Guest Gill

Hello everyone :) I am a 56 yr old (Irish) woman and I'm having some experiences! Briefly..1st one was a week ago-listening to Waheguru. Have had almost 'compulsion' to listen constantly since, I find myself chanting/singing when walking in the street :) and this morning (in fact i've just about got over it) I had a second one; this time much more than 1st one. I still don't feel quite 'normal'. Crying, shaking etc, today to the point of..I don't know what. This past 6/7 days since the first one I find myself tearing up quite often :p and my reality has totally changed.  At the moment, thankfully!, I'm not working (I have an interview on Monday), but I'm thinking 'what if this happens again when I'm out or at work or an interview or something! People would not understand ;)(I don't say this from a pride point of view)   and..should I go to Gurdwara? Sooo much more but I don't want to make a big long speech when space is probably limited ? I'd really like someone to talk to about what is happening 'to me'. I have no control it feels. Thanks for listening.

18 hours ago, Guest Gill said:

Hello everyone :) I am a 56 yr old (Irish) woman and I'm having some experiences! Briefly..1st one was a week ago-listening to Waheguru. Have had almost 'compulsion' to listen constantly since, I find myself chanting/singing when walking in the street :) and this morning (in fact i've just about got over it) I had a second one; this time much more than 1st one. I still don't feel quite 'normal'. Crying, shaking etc, today to the point of..I don't know what. This past 6/7 days since the first one I find myself tearing up quite often :p and my reality has totally changed.  At the moment, thankfully!, I'm not working (I have an interview on Monday), but I'm thinking 'what if this happens again when I'm out or at work or an interview or something! People would not understand ;)(I don't say this from a pride point of view)   and..should I go to Gurdwara? Sooo much more but I don't want to make a big long speech when space is probably limited ? I'd really like someone to talk to about what is happening 'to me'. I have no control it feels. Thanks for listening.

Hello.

Please dont worry about space. Talk as much as you need. I think you might be having spiritual experiences akin to opening of kundalini or receiving naam. I think you should try to contact someone who knows what might be going on and knows how to control it. 

I would suggest you go ask experienced meditators. You can go to gurmatbibek.com forum and relate ur experience there. And also try out yoga people like 3H0 and sikhnet.

Also if u go to the gurudwara, u can pray(ask) God to help you control this so that you can  enjoy it without loss of control. 

Also as you are goig through the experience, try to plead with God to let it be bearable and controllable.