illi

Requesting Advice

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Sangatji I need guidance on a issue I am facing in my life currently,  my younger brother as fallen into depression and get into very sad/angry mood and I fear the worst.

Is there anything I can do other than talk to him and get him professional advice from outside, I mostly rely on Bani and if someone can please help me out as in how I can help me by taking his dukh away using bani, it would be appreciate. 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Edited by illi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 hour ago, illi said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Sangatji I need guidance on a issue I am facing in my life currently,  my younger brother as fallen into depression and get into very sad/angry mood and I fear the worst.

Is there anything I can do other than talk to him and get him professional advice from outside, I mostly rely on Bani and if someone can please help me out as in how I can help me by taking his dukh away using bani, it would be appreciate. 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Sukhmani Sahib always helps me when I am down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Sukhmani Sahib always helps me when I am down.

Satabachanji, I will try my best to read and follow sukhmani sahib and do ardass so my brother gets better, really appreciate your reply!

29 minutes ago, illi said:

Satabachanji, I will try my best to read and follow sukhmani sahib and do ardass so my brother gets better, really appreciate your reply!

Is there any chance of yoy getting your brother to listen and read it?

Guest Singh

There’s a shabad in bani along the lines of ‘rakh leho bhai mere ko’ which you can try reading for your brothers wellbeing 

Guest guest

you can talk to him about how he feels and why he feels that way, then you can find lines from Gurbani that correspond (correct) his wrong thinking.

you can write a few down for him and he can use them as affirmations.  

also, encourage him to be awake and sitting by a window before and as the sun rises.  this induces chardi kala.  (not to look at the sun, but to experience the change from darkness to light).

Guest daas guest singh

WGJK WGJF

Make him do dukh bhanjani sahib paath prefrebly,if not you can do it in front of him and make him listen to it

keep the faith

sat srii akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

17 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Is there any chance of yoy getting your brother to listen and read it?

Honestly he won't, he has become a nastik and given up on god, he says there is a power up there. 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

First of all, Im sorry that he is experiencing that. I would suggest to reccomend him to do seva at the gurdwara ji as a daily routine (like washing bhartans, jodheyan di seva etc). Im sure it will help. Tell him to practice Sri Sukhmani Sahib ji and Sri Nitnem Sahib ji daily.. Tell him to try at least, & make sure he does Ardas ji at the end of reading paath. Make sure he practices  daya, satya, (full) sucham, bhakti.  Bhull chuk maaf kijye!

On 4/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, illi said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Veerji,

I was thinking about why people get depressed and then I thought about our history. The older Sikhs were in Chardi Kala and a lot still are. Bhai Mani Singh ji was in such Chardi Kala and as a result he was willing to get fingers chopped first instead of his wrist. Bhai Taru Singh ji willing to get his scalp taken off to keep this precious Kesh we have been blessed with. I think you should tell your brother these Sakhis. They are so inspirational and show how Chardi Kala the Sikhs are and never depressed. He will want to know why they were so brave and in bliss and then you can tell him about Gurbani and its greatness. That will be the start to his faith.

Listening and reading to Sukhmani Sahib, Nitnem and Other Paath and Katha will help too.

Books of Gurmukh Pyare will help too like Se Kinehya about Sant Baba Harnaam Singh ji's great life. Ask him to read it with a soft heart and it will touch him.

Remember Ardas is the greatest Shakti (power) we have and if you do an Ardas with love for Maharaj, he will surely help if he wills it.

If he can't understand Punjabi, Ask him to start watching Basics of Sikhi and also tell him that we can experience Vaheguru ji and can know that he is real.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

On 4/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, illi said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Do try to get him to go to the doctor. And maybe u can get antidepressants. Also.change of environment or getting him a new hobby/job. Most kids these days have no purpose,.which makes them feel depressed. Does he have any friends? 

On 4/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, illi said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

You have to somehow get at the root causes of his depression. Why does he feel like he does? 

Guest guest

hi

encourage him to eat small amount of almonds daily (boosts serotonin and dopamine).  eating too much is bad- should eat just a small amount daily.

also- leafy greens,

zuchini/courgette is also good and also black raisins (not too many- they are high in sugar).

make sure he gets enough sunlight daily (vit d).  i don't recommend supplements unless your doc advises.

ask him to avoid fermented foods- pickles etc.  

above is all from ayurveda.

exercise also boosts serotonin/dopamine.  any light exercise is ok.

ask him to exercise his brain also- some kind of hobby like playing cards, computer game (ones that make you think, not violent ones) or playing a musical instrument (even simple one like  a drum).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• I think only the south part of Goa is christian. I have been to Goa, there are a lot of churches that sitting on old Hindu temples. There are also Hindu temples in Portuguese style but there are older structures of older temples. Goa also had their own inquisitions.
    • The elections were all fraud as well.  My mother has many Christian friends from goa who hate modi and bjp. And they were saying that bjp even won in the areas with strong Christian populations which is impossible.  VID-20190525-WA0005.mp4
    • I agree I think these people are payed. Social media is way more influential than books, tv or radio so they have now moved onto the internet.  There are countless sites like these. There's a Twitter page called indology which had countless tweets on how the gurus worshiped devis etc And then you have people like that nihang nidar man with his books and sanatan sikhi websites.  You have parcharks like that trilochan with his red tilak and guru ma anandmurti with their blend of sikh and hindu speeches.   Believe it or not but many aunties actually like listening to these fake babe that mix sikhi with hindu stuff. 
    • They are paid to do it. Like I said, it's not random weirdos trolling in their spare time for kicks. For years I baulked at the idea of it, thinking it sounded too much like a dodgy conspiracy theory, but having read up on the way information is weaponised in this information and digital age, it's clear that there's an official apparatus to these operations. Due to these activities being relatively new as technology has progressed over the past few decades, it makes sense that controlling the flow and content of information on the apparently "lawless" internet is arguably more important to nation states and certain powerful factions than similar social and ideological engineering executed on television, radio, and other legacy forms of entertainment.
    • These people are very active on social media as Well, I remember a few on YouTube, they used to write comments on nearly every sikh video, insulting sikhi and questioning. Same questions and insults copied and pasted on every video. 

Important Information

Terms of Use