Help with son

Guest Browneyes

Guest GuestSingh
On 9/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, Guest Truth said:

Parents dont matter when a young adult decides to marry out of their faith. Humans are free to do as they choose. You would not want your child to marry a sikh and the sikh would not want their child to marry a muslim. In actual fact God is One and this is what Nanak tried to teach, that there in fact Is no Hindu or Muslim. That we are One. But that appears to have fallen on deaf ears for the most part.

guest opinion,

ur obviously not a sikh otherwise u wudnt be referrin to our first guru by their first name alone wivout any honorifics. u were asked by another poster y u did this but ignored his post n never gave us an answer. so y r u here? wats ur game?

if u think u can brainwash ppl here wiv ur liberal exremist nonsense then ur jus wastin ur time n ours. no one has listened to it n we aint gna start now either.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Empathy
20 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

guest opinion,

ur obviously not a sikh otherwise u wudnt be referrin to our first guru by their first name alone wivout any honorifics. u were asked by another poster y u did this but ignored his post n never gave us an answer. so y r u here? wats ur game?

if u think u can brainwash ppl here wiv ur liberal exremist nonsense then ur jus wastin ur time n ours. no one has listened to it n we aint gna start now either.

Dear Guest Singh, 

As I see it, Guest Truth was pointing out that love is guided by obstinacy rather than reason. That’s a fair point. I understand why you would pull him up in his lack of respect in not using Guru as an honorific, but all you might infer from his omission is that he is not likely a Sikh. I’m not sure where the remainder of your assertion (that he has an extremist liberal agenda) comes from. I suggest that we don’t hijack this thread, in which well-intended advice and observations have been shared, and give thanks that Guest Brown Eyes is finally seeing his son show some maturity. 

I think, Brown Eyes, you will face a fair few hurdles with your son, but if you demonstrate the same resilience over future issues as you have with this one, then your family unit will remain strong. God willing. 

9 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

guest opinion,

I call Nanak by his name because I love him. Do you add titles to your loved ones names?

My views arent liberal or extremist, look at His teachings, No Hindu and No Muslim, Only One. When you understand this, you'll realise that we're all One. It's all in Gurbani, and if Love is extremist, then so be it. 

Guest GuestSingh
On 10/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, Guest Sat said:

I call Nanak by his name because I love him. Do you add titles to your loved ones names?

no in our culture we only need to use titles since theyre respectful forms of address n context is already provided.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:14 AM, GuestSingh said:

guest opinion,

i agree.  

he/she doesn't even say "Guru" Nanak.  

On 10/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, Guest Sat said:

My views arent liberal or extremist, look at His teachings, No Hindu and No Muslim, Only One. When you understand this, you'll realise that we're all One. It's all in Gurbani, and if Love is extremist, then so be it. 

uh, yes we do add titles out of love and respect for them.  even the most westernised panjabi knows this.  only authors of western history books refer to Sikh Gurus like that.  

Guru Nanak Ji's teaching "no hindu no muslim"- is from Janam Sakhi not Gurbani.  

and you're mixing up spiritual truths with material ones.  if we are "all one" why didn't everyone just happily convert to Islam, then?

please use your brains. 

On 10/4/2019 at 3:49 AM, Guest Empathy said:

I’m not sure where the remainder of your assertion (that he has an extremist liberal agenda) comes from. 

uh maybe from this:

"parents dont matter when a young adult decides to marry out of their faith. Humans are free to do as they choose."

Guest Browneyes

Your son has basically fallen in with a bad crowd (his friends). I don't think the girlfriend is to blame.   It's not his 'friends' fault either, since he willing does it of his own choice.  

you mention he is tight with his cousins.  can't they take some sense into him?  a balancing influence.  and ask them to warn your son of taking drugs.

i recommend you maintain a relationship with him over the phone.  then less arguments will break out but you can still give your guidance.  just give him your honest feelings about his behaviour.  remind him that he is NOT muslim, and they are (i have nothing against muslims at all, but this is a main point here that he is not one of them).

also please guide him not to take advantage of his girlfriend sexually emotionally etc if he does not intend to marry her.

and another thing is ask him to attend Gurdwara alone once a week.  to get the spiritual influence.

you sound like a good parent.  i do not think you are overbearing.  

On 10/6/2019 at 2:46 AM, Guest guest said:

uh, yes we do add titles out of love and respect for them.  even the most westernised panjabi knows this.  only authors of western history books refer to Sikh Gurus like that.  

Guru Nanak Ji's teaching "no hindu no muslim"- is from Janam Sakhi not Gurbani.  

and you're mixing up spiritual truths with material ones.  if we are "all one" why didn't everyone just happily convert to Islam, then?

please use your brains. 

You clearly haven't read Gurbani so I wont continue our conversation. You're not understanding Real True Eternal Love.

Read Gurbani, it tells the Truth.

Guest GuestSingh
On 10/6/2019 at 12:48 AM, Guest guest said:

uh maybe from this:

"parents dont matter when a young adult decides to marry out of their faith. Humans are free to do as they choose."

exactly.