How to improve your sleep

puzzled

Guest GuestSingh

he also recommends pumpkin seeds. bananas r also supposed to help. warm/hot milk is gd too.

check out his channel barefoot doctors. lots of useful info for livin a healthier daily lifestyle.

anotha tip is avoid exercise/physical activity for at least a few hrs before bed. cuz body temp, pulse n breathin all take time to lower to conditions needed for sleep to happen. so the more relaxed n calm u r, the quicker the body can shutdwn.

49 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

he also recommends pumpkin seeds. bananas r also supposed to help. warm/hot milk is gd too.

check out his channel barefoot doctors. lots of useful info for livin a healthier daily lifestyle.

anotha tip is avoid exercise/physical activity for at least a few hrs before bed. cuz body temp, pulse n breathin all take time to lower to conditions needed for sleep to happen. so the more relaxed n calm u r, the quicker the body can shutdwn.

whats the link to his channel    i cnt find it 

Good video, basic sleep hygiene as it's known.

Another tip and something I've personally tried is guided sleep meditiation otherwise known as Yoga Nidra - there's quite a few on Youtube. I'll put the link at the bottom. It can also help to remember a time you were really tired and sleepy.

As for what he said about using a phone or laptop before bed, it's true that the blue light that they emit can disturb the ability to sleep (I believe it stops melatonin production). However, you can download apps which filter out certain types of light. I use one on my laptop called Flux.

Lastly, if you're really having trouble but don't wanna go down the traditional medical route, try melatonin capsules. I think they're prescription only now in the UK, but widely available from Europe. I haven't personally tried them but know some who have had success with it.

Yoga Nidra: