Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dsinghdp

Sikhi in UK

Recommended Posts

Waheguru Sikhi is growing in UK.

500,000 and converts.

We have surpassed Jains and Jews and Buddhists.

Even the BBC has realised this and showing us more in the media.

There is a Gurdwara in every British city.

The British like our culture especially our food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah   we don't often discuss the positive changes in our community. In the last few years mainly due to social media being used to spread Sikhi and its message a lot of Young Sikhs mainly young men have got into Sikhi and have started keeping kesh and wearing dastars. Corruption in gurdware is also openly discussed now and more people are aware of it, and thanks to channels like the Sikh channel we now know what is going on in Punjab like the beadbi cases which the sell out government Punjabi channels would of not reported. Indian politicians can not stand us British/Canadian Sikhs which means we are definitely on the right path and should carry on.

One thing iv noticed is that Punjabis are associating themselves with India less and less. Back in School we used to run around calling ourselves Indians. Cant remember the last time a Punjabi that i know called themselves Indian. Back in school when it used to be Ind-Pak cricket matches we used to run around saying proud to be Indian bla bla bla    no one does that anymore

another not so positive thing   maybe this always existed but i never noticed because i was mona is that  the gap between Kesdhari/Amritdhari Sikhs and monas is getting wider and wider! which is not good   since iv got into Sikhi and became Kesdhari iv noticed this a lot    which is a bit of a concern 

and another gap is growing between traditional Punjabis and the westernized gorafyed ones    gap is widening real fast there as well. Many Punjabi families are traditional and many have become westernized. Westernized ones will be the first ones to drop Sikhi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Yeah   we don't often discuss the positive changes in our community. In the last few years mainly due to social media being used to spread Sikhi and its message a lot of Young Sikhs mainly young men have got into Sikhi and have started keeping kesh and wearing dastars. Corruption in gurdware is also openly discussed now and more people are aware of it, and thanks to channels like the Sikh channel we now know what is going on in Punjab like the beadbi cases which the sell out government Punjabi channels would of not reported. Indian politicians can not stand us British/Canadian Sikhs which means we are definitely on the right path and should carry on.

One thing iv noticed is that Punjabis are associating themselves with India less and less. Back in School we used to run around calling ourselves Indians. Cant remember the last time a Punjabi that i know called themselves Indian. Back in school when it used to be Ind-Pak cricket matches we used to run around saying proud to be Indian bla bla bla    no one does that anymore

another not so positive thing   maybe this always existed but i never noticed because i was mona is that  the gap between Kesdhari/Amritdhari Sikhs and monas is getting wider and wider! which is not good   since iv got into Sikhi and became Kesdhari iv noticed this a lot    which is a bit of a concern 

and another gap is growing between traditional Punjabis and the westernized gorafyed ones    gap is widening real fast there as well. Many Punjabi families are traditional and many have become westernized. Westernized ones will be the first ones to drop Sikhi. 

but the gap is being exploited by crooked gurdwara committees often at behest of GOI agents  so is it really a true gap ? So many monay sikhs are getting into dharam now because of the efforts of youth sewadars who are mostly amritdhari so I have my doubts that it will remain the same , the kids are coming up in the faith and having true love for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

but the gap is being exploited by crooked gurdwara committees often at behest of GOI agents  so is it really a true gap ? So many monay sikhs are getting into dharam now because of the efforts of youth sewadars who are mostly amritdhari so I have my doubts that it will remain the same , the kids are coming up in the faith and having true love for it.

Theres been big changes without a doubt. I'd say there is a Singh now in nearly every family!   I remember back then Singhs were mostly from amritdhari families, now that isn't the case   because of parchaar more and more people from mona Punjabi families are becoming Sikhs. I'm the only Singh in my entire family and there is over 70 of us!  its a start  but im gnna try and change as many of them as i can haha!   I'v noticed big changes in my parents though.    back in school Punjabi kids had no idea about sikhi or what it was   now more and more people are getting better understanding   things are changing     

as for the gap, people against us  whoever they may be  have always taken advantages of gaps     gaps and divisions have always been our weakness.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Theres been big changes without a doubt. I'd say there is a Singh now in nearly every family!   I remember back then Singhs were mostly from amritdhari families, now that isn't the case   because of parchaar more and more people from mona Punjabi families are becoming Sikhs. I'm the only Singh in my entire family and there is over 70 of us!  its a start  but im gnna try and change as many of them as i can haha!   I'v noticed big changes in my parents though.    back in school Punjabi kids had no idea about sikhi or what it was   now more and more people are getting better understanding   things are changing     

as for the gap, people against us  whoever they may be  have always taken advantages of gaps     gaps and divisions have always been our weakness.  

that's why we need to get back to the mentality of being one fist (sikh panth) instead of individual fingers (jathey) agreeing to disagree amongst ourselves  but keeping the dusht at bay together by remembering we are all family of one Father and Mother. Singhs of old used expect the worst , trained for it (you can only fight as good as you train), kept a vigil for political changes after studying the mentality and rajniti employed by others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

Waheguru Sikhi is growing in UK.

500,000 and converts.

We have surpassed Jains and Jews and Buddhists.

Even the BBC has realised this and showing us more in the media.

There is a Gurdwara in every British city.

The British like our culture especially our food.

I think your painting a overly rosy picture of the state of Sikhs in the UK. 

Lets just look at the facts and the real state of affairs. 

High percentage of our boys and girls marrying out of faith. Not to mention high percentage of girls and boys dating and getting up to promiscuous behavior. 

Massive alcohol issue in the Punjabi community. This leads to all kinds of issues such as domestic violence, broken unhappy marriages and divorces. 

Sikh youth engaging in sinful behavior, clubbing, drinking and generally getting up to know good. 

High percentage of our lot who are basically atheist and not into their faith. 

I think you have forgotten about all these issues we are facing.  But yeah goreh like our aloo saag and matar paneer so everything must be great?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

The historical religious boundaries are breaking fast.

The world is changing fast.

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use