Sign in to follow this  
Guest Expand2000

What is the history of the land that harmandir sahib was built on?

Guest Expand2000

Title says it all, what is the history of the land that Harminder sahib was built on? I’ve heard about a battle taking place Can’t seem to find anything online.

not sure about any battle, but the sarovar around harmandir sahib was a lake in a dense forest area i believe. 

iv heard that Guru Nanak Dev ji visited this place and that buddha did too

I think Guru Amar Das ji chose the location while Guru Ram Das ji made the lake into a sarovar and started a city which later became Amritsar

During the time of Guru Ram Das ji  bibi Rajni visted the sarovar with her sick husband and saw crows flying into it and coming out as doves, Her husband also went into the sarovar and came out free from his disease. The part of the sarovar that this happened in is where dukh bhanjani beri is.    I think Bibi Rajni visited when it was still a forest and not a city yet ...

other than that   i dont know more ... 

we can never know for sure . But I am betting it was always some holy, blessed place.

All we know is it was a beautiful small lake surrounded by a beautiful forest . The lake was further extended to the size it is today around harmandar sahib .

Guest Expand2000

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ED0syBKqafMC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=Sultanwind+Tung&source=bl&ots=TJyVfmWi7-&sig=ACfU3U1afwp3ucmy2Al3LC18xmKpABGslw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwji-Y259p_nAhUDhlwKHR3ABVoQ6AEwAnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Sultanwind%20Tung&f=true

i have found this link , read bottom of page 66

I think that might be the war that took between ram and his sons

I think that might be the war that took between ram and his sons! I think ram did not know that they were his sons and his sons did not know that ram was their father because sita was sent back to the forest and that's where she gave birth.  Ramayan was written in amritsar by valmiki theres a mandir there called ram tirath.  I think luv, kush and sita narrated their story to valmiki in the forest. from what I remember hanuman also visited this place and there is a ancient mandir there where hanuman visited. All this basically happened in the area that today is amritsar. 

Ajeet will probably know more ...

before Amritsar was an forist 

listen to bhai davinder singh sodhi 

Amritsar sifti da ghar 

it explain the history of golden temple and the surrounding gurdwaras

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Its difficult, to have concrete proof esp dealing with child abuse. NJK were also cleared by courts too i think. Esp with such corrupt system here in the UK there grooming cases were knows to authorities yet they did nothing. In India, either you gotta be brutally murdered to be taken seriously or get justice, let alone how can one go to police and say they be sexually abused / raped. its norm over there, yet imagine what is happening inside Sikh academy for kids in Punjab...with fake babas and gurus running around
    • Something drastic need to happen. Needs to be big intervention. Just like now anyone can call themselves 'Sikh' or 'Gursikh'.. Wish we'd have Khalsa capital punishment for these kan##ars
    • Those like NJK and others doesn't come as shocker, as terrible as it sounds, but Sukha i guess listening to him and watching videos reminds me Bhai Jagraj Singh ji who was close friends with him and he looks like Sant Bhinderwale too..So he has history of being comfortable with young boys..as he's being accused of NJK version 2.0? I guess the saying, be careful, you can even mistake sugar for salt.  Shouldn't trust anyone period. Including blood families, cousins, friends, should never allow kids to be left alone with anyone else and uncomfortable as it sounds.  Remember back at uni a Turkish friend was telling me they have saying in Turkey 'Dont trust anyone. Not even your father'...  
    • Reminds me of an local gatka teacher..he married to a gori...years ago we were shopping and when we went back to carpark, there he was with his wife making out kissing all over touching in broad-day light in public...not care in the world super tacky and cringe..yes even though they married , have some class keep it private... Its really shouldn't be a shocker, happens in Punjabi families messed up things...over time you've come across stories seen heard many those like in website of 'Gursikhs'...either smoking drinking, affairs, some caught up in drug scandals...but this inappropriate behavior towards young boys seems to be new... Did you read under 'Sikh Institution'.on the website..This is really sad because this is so common in Punjab and brushed under carpet and noone there to speak up for them.. I remember watching this  doc of abandoned children some with disabilities, mental illness, in Eastern European and the way they are abused, molested boys and girls, there are grown teenage women who given baths by workers there..after watching that doc i was sick, literally couldn't get it off my mind for weeks.  Can you imagine what is happening to children in Punjab esp ones with disabilities and mental illness.. Few months ago my mum showed this video on lower caste Sikh girl aged 4/5 and she was beaten up by her father thrown out  and had scars on her neck back, blood back of her head.. Vaheguru couldn't stop crying...i hate watching stuff like this, but its important not to stick our heads in the cloud. Which is good we found this website ow we'd never know!  Wish i could do something to protect innocent children We need one Sant Sipahi to come and clean house. Too much infected in kaljug!   
    • From 10 years ago and some older than that, I have pieces of paper which have now turned yellow and really fragile . these paper have gurbani written on them in gurmukhi and english translation So what should I do with them ?  I did write them whenever I received a hukamnama and such, but now they have become like really really old, some unfortunately got scrumpled due to being in drawer.  I now respectfully want to give them back to guru . please suggest a way. Is cremation appropriate ? please tell vidhi

Important Information

Terms of Use