confused

sevak

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Daas also has these problems that makes me unsure what to do. When we have work functions, they always have drinks. And the vast majority of ppl always go out to get drunk. I really hate going, becos u know what's gonna happen, and I always feel well uncomfortable in the alcohol and smoke surroundings. The vast majority of times I make excuses/blag my way out of going. But then sometimes, I feel I just have to go, just because I don't wanna feel like an outcast from my whole team. And u also feel you lose out on networking opportunities (which is pretty important for the type of work I do). So occasionally I just end up going, ordering the Orange Juices to the Max!!!

I take 2 views on this ... sometimes I feel that I don't need to go, Guru will do his Kirpaa, and I don't need to worry about the networking-nutwurking, since Guru is Rakhwala - I shouldn't get involved with the bad Sangat. But other times I feel I have to be pragmatic, and if I set a good example on how to behave, and act like a ChardiKala Singh of the Dasmesh Pita, then it will rub off or at least provide to something to think about to the others. Also, when I do occassionally go, it makes feel really Chardikala and realise how amazing our Sikhi is, and inspires me even more.

Conundrums, conundrums ... What are the Sangat's views? Please contribute on what should be done in these situations ... I'm sure there are many professional Singh/Singhneea that have the same type of dilemma.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh

I know how it is in work enviornment especially when u are working in a team. Make sure u advertise the fact that you are a non alcoholic vegitarian. Most of the time everyone respects it and when there is a company meeting they do keep that in mind, well my company did/does.

Thing is not to make too many excuses and just tell them straight. Being a vegitarian is nothing to be ashamed of.

^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thanks veer jee for the response. They know what my religious beliefs are and they respect them. I think the issue is to do more with me, and how I feel guilty that I am going in an environment where there is alcohol and cigarettes.

I heard in a Katha by Giani Thakur Singh from Damdami Taksal (not the Acting Jathedar, but a kathavaachak I think) that Gursikhs should not go even in a place where there is environment of smoke. If they do, then they should extra Japji Sahib da Paath, or some other extra Paath.

If this is the case, this brings us into the wider issue of Singhs going in to environments such as pubs, or even Punjabi weddings. Should Singhs/Kaurs go into such arenas?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

make up your mind, does your atma allow you to go there, if not thne just tell them you got other plans that night, or if you really HAVE TO GO, go with what SOGGSJ Veer ji said :wub:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

sangat ji is it not weird that in a team they expect you to do everything .. i mean every morning i will good morning to team then only i will get good morning back.. if i will ask 'how are you' then only i will get ' i m fine, how are you' and then if i start the talk then only they will start the talk.. i mean what the hell is that.. hell with them today whole day i didn't say how are you or good morning .. so one came and talk to me.. forget them yo... tu kaun mai kham kha(n).. waheguru waheguru ..