Young, dumb and following Sikhi

Guest Why give up Sikhi?

Guest Why give up Sikhi?

I see lots of patka wearing boys into Sikhi up until about age 16. It’s like they are young and dumb (in a good way). Their mums tie their patka and it looks very smart, and bring them to the gurdwara regularly. 

But age 16 onwards what happens? First they tie their hair back with patka, then they tie African durags. It’s not uncommon to spot them wearing caps and topis. When the facial hair comes through it gets trimmed and shaped. Once 18 drinking and clubbing begins.

Young and dumb (being innocent) gets replaced growing up, but what with? Is it fashion, bad sangat or something else? What are your thoughts? 

Because it’s a real shame. Some kids who were so into Sikhi young becoming what they become. 

It’s not all boys. Some tie really beautiful dumalas/dastars, let facial hair grow and follow Sikhi. Well done to them!

It's just part of growing up. You reach an age where you want to drink, party have girls etc. Telling an 18 yr old not to drink etc when everyone their age is doing that wont make any sense to an 18 yr old. At that age they also discover this new found freedom and they just become crazy. 

Another thing is a lot of boys who have jooda do not actually come from religious families, at home they see their dad, cousins, friends etc doing the same stuff   so they only end up doing what they see happening around them.

If your around practicing sikhs at that age then your less likely to do that stuff.

Problem is you have parents keeping their sons hair eventhough there is no sikhi in their house, then how is that kid supposed to want to keep his hair?  If he doesnt even know what it is?

Also parents keeping their sons hair and cutting their daughters hair is a odd aswell. Parents themselves are making sikhi for their sons only. 

Guest Kids

There's a boy from UK who did kirtan, this is him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn1tC9iphrU

He had amrit shak and used to sit on the stage singing dahrna like Maro ja taro ji banke aasi tere rehna.

Now he's 18, cuts his hair and gets drunk. It's honestly like kids are playing fancy dress. They dress up like sants and wear bana but don't jaap naam

The best way to keep kids into Sikhi is to encourage them to do simran and experience anand. I think that's the biggest way we can help our kids. No matter what they get faced with in life if they have experienced naam anand, they won't give up Guru's Sikhi

My cousin has decided to keep his little boys hair, the boy is 3 years old now. My cousin drinks everyday and so does his father(boys grandad) both sit in front of the tv and start chucking down alcohol. No one reads paat in the house, go gurdwara on rare occasions. What hope does that little boy have? and what are the chances of him wanting to keep his jooda when hes older?

And then you have drunk punjabi families with 0 involvement in Sikhi calling their kids names like "nanak singh" "nanki kaur" "japji kaur"   only for nanak singh or nanki kaur to grow up and start getting pissed in clubs. 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:32 PM, Guest Why give up Sikhi? said:

I see lots of patka wearing boys into Sikhi up until about age 16. It’s like they are young and dumb (in a good way). Their mums tie their patka and it looks very smart, and bring them to the gurdwara regularly. 

But age 16 onwards what happens? First they tie their hair back with patka, then they tie African durags. It’s not uncommon to spot them wearing caps and topis. When the facial hair comes through it gets trimmed and shaped. Once 18 drinking and clubbing begins.

Young and dumb (being innocent) gets replaced growing up, but what with? Is it fashion, bad sangat or something else? What are your thoughts? 

Because it’s a real shame. Some kids who were so into Sikhi young becoming what they become. 

It’s not all boys. Some tie really beautiful dumalas/dastars, let facial hair grow and follow Sikhi. Well done to them!

Need to get this we are the best drinkers out of our culture 

21 hours ago, puzzled said:

My cousin has decided to keep his little boys hair, the boy is 3 years old now. My cousin drinks everyday and so does his father(boys grandad) both sit in front of the tv and start chucking down alcohol. No one reads paat in the house, go gurdwara on rare occasions. What hope does that little boy have? and what are the chances of him wanting to keep his jooda when hes older?

And then you have drunk punjabi families with 0 involvement in Sikhi calling their kids names like "nanak singh" "nanki kaur" "japji kaur"   only for nanak singh or nanki kaur to grow up and start getting pissed in clubs. 

Completely agreed! You won't believe, one of my relatives name is Nanki kaur and she slept with hindus before marrying her gursikh husband for money. She was very famous in Rajouri garden for having countless affairs. God knows how she tricked an innocent gursikh guy.

Few years back, there was a bigg boss contestant called "Gurbaani" and she was a Randi. She even called herself atheist born to sikh parents!

1 hour ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

God knows how she tricked an innocent gursikh guy.

i think some insecurities play a part in some men accepting the first girl that jumps at them. 

1 hour ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

"Gurbaani

is that the same as Vaani/Baani ? and she had tattoos?  think she was from jalandhar? looked like a gasti     or am i talking about someone else? 

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

i think some insecurities play a part in some men accepting the first girl that jumps at them. 

is that the same as Vaani/Baani ? and she had tattoos?  think she was from jalandhar? looked like a gasti     or am i talking about someone else? 

Exactly! I have noticed many gursikh men from sheltered familes that are unaware of current situation of sikh women. They instantly say yes to arranged marriage without properly checking the girl's background and her past through her friends. 99% sikh women will not disclose their past sexual affairs for obvious reasons so such gullible gursikh men become fooled very easily. Sad reality but truth. That's why we need more websites like this to spread awareness and come up with solutions to tackle this problem.

And yes, that tatto girl was gurbaani, her nickname is baani. She is infact a gasti. Go to her insta, she's a very cheap and disgusting lady. I don't understand why these type of women have names like "Gurbaani". Atleast Sunny leone represents herself by this name mostly and rarely uses kaur aka kiranjit kaur.

Guest 2005.singh

U have to want to follow it urself. My family drinks and eats meat but I got into Sikhi now cos I learn how the char sahibjade got shaheed. Lots of young ppl don’t know the history how the sikhs died for not giving up sikhi