Leave MY country

AK-47

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Sadh Sangat ji, i just need to say a few words, since my heart is so heavy at the moment.

We as Sikhs felt upset and spoke out against something we disagreed with. Small scuffles took place. The word violence can e used to describe a verbal assult all the way upto genocide. Violence occured where a few people were pushed about on both sides and ONE window was broken and ONE door broken.

All we wanted for decades of peace and service, decades of contribution and sacrifice was that the country listen to our request and make some changes to a play, nothing big just small things.

What happens, we are called fanatics, extremsists, deniers of freedom of speech! The very ideals we stand for are being thrown in our face by people who know NOTHING of us. One act has completely turned the british people against us.

And it hurts. I felt british, i felt that this was my country, i felt at home, i was proud of my country. But what about now? What do i feel as my countrymen ask that i should leave their country and return from where i came. That i have not intergrated into their society, their being a society that is not my own i assume? Racial comments nothing to do with the issue are thrown about, where did these appear from?

The truth i fear is that they were always there. Britain does not want ethnic minorities here. If they did, why not consider the causes and look deep into the issue, instead we are told we should go home. Britain has no space for me

A small scuffle, results in all of this. Britions wish to speak of freedom of speech... in the last week i have been threatened with arrest 3 times. All befor

e any of the trouble began. My speech was stifled, yet still i felt british. My respnses on various newssites have not been displayed despite using no bad language at all, using reasoned and explained arguments. What happened to my freedom of speech?

Nobody ever listened to us, ever. we raised 20,000 people in june in london, nobody raised an eyebrow. A play gets cancelled and i get told to go home. Britons called my bin laden, yet nothing was done, when i protest against a play i get told to go home. Films deemed explicit or inappropraite are censored, yet when we ask for it, we are against the rights of human beings. Does the censory board not have the option to watch the film or not?

Sorry for rambaling, but i think iv lost faith in this country, i no longer feel i belong having seen the reactions of my ex country fellows. And home, well at the moment there is no home, there is nowhere for me to go. What have the responses and actions of the police and british public created? A man with no home, who feels humiliated and bullied, at times ignored at other times made hte focus of hate and intolerance. What have they created....

...they have created a problem.

opinions expressed by people said "the sikhs need to abide by our laws in our country!" - they mistake us for indians when we are not indians. Indians reside in Asia. We are Sikhs - we reside in this world everywhere like Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Christians and so on. I am also very shocked at the racist views come out by a LOT of people especially on SkyNews online discussion. They call it THEIR country. They tell us that we are almost in 2005 n that WE should wake up wen the f"£$@!#s are the ones who need to wake up to 2005 and this modern day.

ChardiKala Reho Singho

Sikhs have come through much greater tragedies than this. This is nothing. We'll get over this. We lost the PR war on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I think the problems have arisen becos the scuffles that took place on Saturday night were not expected to make Headline News on Sunday morning. Therefore we were unable to give a proper response, whereas the The Theatre had a very well oiled PR machine ready and in place. Like I said on another post, u don't realise how powerful the media can be when they turn against you. We just gotta be better prepared next time round.

This is only one small battle in the bigger Khalsa war that Guru Jee expects us to be fighting constantly, both internally with our Mind, and externally with the rest of the world.

BOLE SO NIHAL!!! SAT SRI AKAL!!!

Guru Piare Khalsa Jio

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

^_^ Let's all put the protests and violence aside to remember the great sacrifices of the Char Sahibzade and Mata Gujri Ji, who sacrificed their lives for Sikhism. ^_^

pray.gif On Wednesday 22nd December 2004, it will be exactly 300 years since the Martrdom of the Older Sahibzade, Sahibzada Baba Ajit Singh Ji and Sahibzada Baba Jujar Singh Ji. Let's all rise at Amrit Vele 3am and do our Panj Bania Nitnem and five Chaupai Sahib Ji de Path until 5am (the end of Amrit Vela) pray.gif

We should all repeat this routine on Sunday 26th December 2004, to remember the great sacrifices of the Younger Sahibzade, Sahibzada Baba Zoravar Singh Ji and Sahibzada Baba Fateh Singh Ji, who were bricked alive in Fategarh Sahib exactly 300 years ago.

Whilst remembering the great sacrifices of the Sahibzade, let's not forget Mata Gujri Ji's sacrifice.

Let's also remember the great sacrifices of the Forty Singh's accompanying Guru Gobind Singh Ji and thei

r family.

Let's all put our differences aside and unite together!

Maharaj Ji Sabna Nun Gursikhi Jeevan, Prema Bhakti, De Arogta, Chardi Kala ate Aps Vich Pyar Pars Bakhshish Karan.

Maharaj Ji Mere Varge Murkhan Nun Sojhi Bakshish Karan, Tan Ke Usi Panth Di Pyar Nal Vad Chhar Ke Seva Karan De Jog Hoyie

If I've said anything, which may have hurt the feelings of my brothers and sisters, please do forgive me.

Ap Ji De Charna Da Nimana Nitana Sevadar

AK47,

Do not despair.... these comments are from an ignorant few, at least now we are being heard. Dont worry united we stand let them try to take us on as a united front all 700,000 of us British Sikhs and many more others who support our stand. Never mind a number of 400 strong :TH: Some Catholics are also on our side and more people of values and character are joining....We arent alone

Most of the people in theatre and media land are atheists who want to close ranks and support their fellow zealots. But the line in the sand has been drawn and now their position is clear and ours is too.

For every negative their is a postivie i've heard people now in the media start to discuss Sikhism most have been quiet positive, and educated Sikh callers have been calling in radio shows giving excellent points of views with some giving their experiences of what the impact of 9/11 had on their lives are visible minority. People of UK are realising that at last we are no longer slient minority lets not now take the cowards way out and hide away from fear of ignorants. We will continue our peaceful protests and excerise our right to protest.

BOLE SO NIHAL!!! SAT SRI AKAL!!! :wub: