Panthic Project Ideas

Rebuild khabran.sikhnerd.com

This was an old project where I attempted to have all relevant sikh news and blogs in one place for easy consumption.  I could resurrect this project as I think there is still room on the internet for something like this, though a simple RSS aggregator is likely too simple. Maybe you’d want to build more of a community-style site around the news articles being streamed in, or focus only on positive stories.  Should also add audio/video/etc as well. There are a lot of ways I could make this better and more useful.

Sikh Resource Archive

Idea of creating a pure and simple online archive of sikh resources. This would be focused on digital collection of everything sikhi-related, with a specific goal of things that are ‘useful’. 

Timeline

Another idea that I’ve been kicking around for a very long time is to make an awesome interactive timeline of Sikh History, across all sorts of dimensions. As specific as possible, with lot’s of different features and types of data you can access. To give a cool and easy-to-use view of sikh history and gurmat. Something like this or this. The main part of the project would be to consolidate the history into something that can be consumed by software, including lots of metadata, and making it free and open to all. This site is a great starting point and example to follow – it’s also very cool so check it out.

Source - http://sikhnerd.com/

• 5 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 5:23 AM, singhbj singh said:

Idea of creating a pure and simple online archive of sikh resources. This would be focused on digital collection of everything sikhi-related, with a specific goal of things that are ‘useful’. 

I like this idea - instead of creating a whole new site, why not use linktree as a site for everything sikhi related. lmk what u think ?

On 8/6/2020 at 2:23 AM, singhbj singh said:

Timeline

Another idea that I’ve been kicking around for a very long time is to make an awesome interactive timeline of Sikh History, across all sorts of dimensions. As specific as possible, with lot’s of different features and types of data you can access. To give a cool and easy-to-use view of sikh history and gurmat. Something like this or this. The main part of the project would be to consolidate the history into something that can be consumed by software, including lots of metadata, and making it free and open to all. This site is a great starting point and example to follow – it’s also very cool so check it out.

Great ideas Veer Ji. I love the timeline idea. It might be interesting to put what others were up to at the same time. While x y z was still doing horrible things Guru Nanak Dev Ji is already teaching 1. 

I don't know if that makes sense.