Eating Beef

Arsh1469

Should Sikh that eat meat eat beef. I am asking because Guru ji says not to eat beef and that he wants to end the butchering of cows.

Ugardanti 

XhI dyh AwigAw qurkn gih KpwaUN ]

gaU Gwq kw doK jg isauN imtwaUN ]

ieh hukm idE ik qurkW nUM mwr imtWvW [

gaU mwrn dw duK swry sMswr ivcoN imtw dyvW [

Command me to kill and destroy the Turks (Muslims).

Eliminate the killing of the cow from the entire universe.

rtoN ins idnw jwp qumrw BvwnI ]

qumn crn moN pRIiq hmrI lgwnI ]

qyry nwm dw jwp mYN rwq idn krW AY BvwnI (mW) [

qyry crnw'c myrI pRIq lgI rvyH [

I repeat your name day and night O Bhawani.

Your (sacred) feet will remain my focus of devoted love.

krhu hir BvwnI jgq kI sMBwry ]

hmn duSt doKI sBn hoihM Cwry ]

hy pRBU BvwnI qUM jgq dI sMBwlxw kryN [

swfy duSt doKI jo hn auh swry (suAwh) Kqm ho jwx [

O Godly Bhawani (you should) sustain the universe.

All our evil enemies ought to perish.

sdw srbdw crx qumry iDAwaUN ]

qumn imhr isauN dust sgly KpwaUN ]

mYN sdw hI qyry crnw dw iDAwn Drdw rhW [

qyrI imhr nwl hI swry duStW dw nws krW [

I should always contemplate on your feet.

With your blessing I shall destroy all the wicked.

XhI Aws pUrn krhu qum hmwrI ]

imtY kst gaUAn CutY Kyd BwrI ]

ieho myrI ie`Cw qusIN pUrI kro [

gaU, kSt Aqy BwrI duK qoN mukiq ho jwvy [

Grant me this boon.

Relieve the cow of agony and all ailments.

XhI bynqI Kws hmrI suxIjY ]

Asur mwr kr r`C gaUAn krIjY ]

ieho myrI Kws Arz suxo [

rwkiSSW (AsurW) nUM mwrky gaU (grIb) dI rkSW kro [

Kindly adhere to my specific request.

Annihilate the evil demons and safeguard the cow (destitute).

47 minutes ago, ManpreetKaurr said:

Please correct me sangat but eating beef is a bajjar kurehat. So obviously not beef and by right we are not supposed to even eat meat. I think you already know the answer because it is already stated in Sri Ugardanti Sahib where you attach the phangti. So yeah! 

I know the answer I just want to hear thoughts as many Sikh people probably don't know.

2 hours ago, Shaheed4life said:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

Isn't eating any meat wrong?

4cd75ca539d57159b86a2ae1b1cafb51.jpg

That's a controversial agree to disagree topic. One foot rests on Jhatka only when needed and the other foot rests on no meat period. The second is more Satogun but this is Kalyug and there is a purpose and tradition to Jhatka. 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

That's a controversial agree to disagree topic. One foot rests on Jhatka only when needed and the other foot rests on no meat period. The second is more Satogun but this is Kalyug and there is a purpose and tradition to Jhatka. 

Why is it controversial?Doesn't Gurbani say that we cant eat meat?

Vaheguru....jpg

download (1).jpeg

Bhul Chuk Maf ?

Just now, Shaheed4life said:

It is my 1st time encountering this actually.Im 15 ?

That makes sense then I guess. You just have so much Gyann in your posts in general. Nihung Jathas and Hazoor Sahib have Jhatka practices that relate to their Chakarvarti lifestyle and needing to eat in chaos without supply and be emotionally capable of spilling blood for Dharam Yudh. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use