Sikh and Muslim coupld

Guest Simran80

5 hours ago, singhsince1981 said:

Can you xplain what “deen” and more about abrahamic religion? What about Sufi?

I believe it is similar to meaning religion.

Abrahamic religion is dogmatic - it starts from jews, then christians added their gospels, then muslims took both of these and made islam+Quran

Some sufis aren't really muslims, in Bharat some sufis are still dharmik and aren't initiated muslims. Some sufis are kattar muslims especially outside Bharat!

Plz stop Him Other Wise He Will Spoil His own Life.. My Mother's Brother ( Maama Ji) married to A Muslim Girl She Turned My Maama Muslim ??.when My Nani was alive There was No Problem. But after My Nani Death He turned into non-sikh.

2 hours ago, singhsince1981 said:

Is Sikhism a religion or dharam?

Panth/mazhab is a different concept to dharma, but they're not mutually exclusive. And indeed, Sikhi has been referred to as both (Sikh dharam, Khalsa panth, Teesar Panth, Teesar Mazhab Khalsa).

But I suppose, that's a different topic...

On 1/12/2021 at 5:52 PM, singhsince1981 said:

Is Sikhism a religion or dharam?

sikhi is a panth, I would say sikhi follows dharam, and some people will call sikhi a dharm or sikh dharm.

However this silly term you use called sikhism, this is a religious construct which originates from the British Raj. So using the term sikhism instead of sikhi implies religion. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Lynx
On 1/4/2021 at 12:28 PM, ipledgeblue said:

I mean it would be ok if it was a pakistani sikh family, but I see your point....

True... this is a huge problem for the panth.

On one hand we are suppose to be all accepting but on the other should we really be exposing or encouraging the next generation to these type of relationships??

Also they will probably want their kids to do rakhri with yours and that is when it becomes problematic.

• The topic was locked