Asia battles earthquake

Mahavir

Donations to the red cross need to be made -- try getting your parents or rich relatives to help out the victims. This is a really HUGE disaster. Each and every one of us AS SIKHS should see it as our duty to help these victims in one way or another!! It's simple - either donate money (think about it.. the death toll is rising, tens of thousands of people :| and millions have lost their homes and stuff.. they need food, shelter, clothing, clean water.. Although it's all in Hukam, we should definitely try to help)... If there's no way we can donate money, we should at least do ardaas and pray for the victims & their families.

http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=000043&tid=016 << ways to donate !!

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/world.jsp..._1204washed_out << more news

At least sixteen earthquakes, many of them massive, hit India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and neighboring countries.  The quakes measured as high as magnitude 9 and triggered gigantic tidal waves which swept thousands to their deaths across the region.

Sadh Sangat ji... Please make an effort to help in any way possible, even if you just donate $25 - it's better than nothing and it could come of use.. Lets all make an effort to do something --- just like Bhai Khanaiya Ji

pray.gif^_^

P.S. THE RED CROSS IS A REALLY SAFE PLACE TO DONATE TO, they're not political or backed up by a certain religion that will only provide relief in one place.. They'll try to do whatever they can and theyre a good organization. We can donate through them its simple

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its time to see the return of Khalsa Aid, where they gone, I think it wud help raise the image iof Sikhs in UK aswell.

Khalsa Aid could really do some great work in helping people through out Asia.

Someone asked me this question, if their is really was a god why would he cause an earthqueake and make so many people suffer.  Why would we he want people to die painfully in his creation?

Could someone answer that question, so I could tell this gora when ever I see him.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Not sure how relevant this Shabad is to the occasion, but seems to have some kidn of relevance...

Awsw mhlw 1 ]

aasaa mehalaa 1 ||

Aasaa, First Mehl:

Kurwswn Ksmwnw kIAw ihMdusqwnu frwieAw ]

khuraasaan khasamaanaa keeaa hi(n)dhusathaan ddaraaeiaa ||

Having attacked Khuraasaan, Baabar terrified Hindustan.

[color=080088

]AwpY dosu n dyeI krqw jmu kir muglu cVwieAw ][/color]

aapai dhos n dhaeee karathaa jam kar mugal charraaeiaa ||

The Creator Himself does not take the blame, but has sent the Mugal as the messenger of death.

eyqI mwr peI krlwxy qYN kI drdu n AwieAw ]1]

eaethee maar pee karalaanae thai(n) kee dharadh n aaeiaa ||1||

There was so much slaughter that the people screamed. Didn't You feel compassion, Lord? ||1||

krqw qUM sBnw kw soeI ]

karathaa thoo(n) sabhanaa kaa soee ||

O Creator Lord, You are the Master of all.

jy skqw skqy kau mwry qw min rosu n hoeI ]1] rhwau ]

jae sakathaa sakathae ko maarae thaa man ros n hoee ||1|| rehaao ||

If some powerful man strikes out against another man, then no one feels any grief in their mind. ||1||Pause||

skqw sIhu mwry pY vgY KsmY sw pursweI ]

sakathaa seehu maarae pai vagai khasamai saa purasaaee &

#124;|

But if a powerful tiger attacks a flock of sheep and kills them, then its master must answer for it.

rqn ivgwiV ivgoey kuqNØI muieAw swr n kweI ]

rathan vigaarr vigoeae kutha(n)aee mueiaa saar n kaaee ||

This priceless country has been laid waste and defiled by dogs, and no one pays any attention to the dead.

Awpy joiV ivCoVy Awpy vyKu qyrI vifAweI ]2]

aapae jorr vishhorrae aapae vaekh thaeree vaddiaaee ||2||

You Yourself unite, and You Yourself separate; I gaze upon Your Glorious Greatness. ||2||

jy ko nwau Drwey vfw swd kry min Bwxy ]

jae ko naao dhharaaeae vaddaa saadh karae man bhaanae ||

One may give himself a great name, and revel in the pleasures of the mind,

KsmY ndrI kIVw AwvY jyqy cugY dwxy ]

khasamai nadharee keerraa aavai jaethae chugai dhaanae ||

but in the Eyes of the Lord and Master, he is just a worm, for all the corn that he eats.

mir mir jIvY qw ikCu pwey nwnk nwmu vKwxy ]3]5]39]

mar mar jeevai thaa kishh paaeae naanak naam vakhaanae ||3||5||39||

Only one who dies to his ego while yet alive, obtains the blessings, O Nanak, by chanting the Lord's Name. ||3||5||39||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1408

IUn the end of the day it was their karms to die this way, why blame GOD for something you've earned yourself, Why bame God when you loose all your money and end up at the streets when it was YOUR OWN FAULT, Not God's....

this is what Daaas has Understood

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think that was an interesting point brought up about why waheguru would do this... but these answers (it could very well be that im not understanding what you guys are saying) but it kinda sounds like you guys are saying this is some punishment from God; punishing those people for there bad karma. But all my life I've been told waheguru is the great forgiver and to hear that 1/3 of the dead are children really makes me think...why? I know the easy answer is to say that we can't comprehend why waheguru does what he does but i just wish someone would explain this whole thing...

thank you in advance

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

wahegurooo, this is the worst ever disaster in history no.gif we all should help them, its good to see our united sikh and sikhsangat is trying to help, request to sangat ghat to ghat jinaa hovee if its 1 dollar also more its even better, pls help try to give something.maharj sarbat te kirpaa kare.

It's like the death toll has doubled almost, oh my gosh.. Waheguru Ji SAADH SANGAT JEE PLEASE DONATE MONEY TO THE RED CROSS TO HELP THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES... PLEASE SANGAT JEE GET YOUR PARENTS, FAMILY, FRIENDS, EVERYONE TO DONATE SOMETHING OR DO ARDAASAA TO HELP THIS WORLD..

Please Saadh Sangat Ji... I'm begging you... PLEASE lets donate money and do SOMETHING about this pray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

--endemo--> pray.gif :wub: