Jump to content
Arsh1469

Panj Pyare perivious life

Recommended Posts

I know there was a long debate about this here but this is just to answer the question so people don't have to look at long debates.

Bhai Daya Singh  -  Luv (Son of Ram)

Bhai Dharam Singh  -  Bhagat Dhanna 

Bhai Himmit Singh  -  Hunter from Satjug or the man who shot a arrow at Krishna

Bhai Mokham Singh  -  Bhagat Namdev

Bhai Sahib Singh  -  Bhagat Sain

I got this from Khalsa Mool Mantar, Prachin Panth Parkash and Katha from Sant Gurbachn Singh

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Thank you for sharing this. Very interesting to know this. Infact Ramayan / Mahabharat are part of Sikh history. Dhruv, Prahlad etc. This is all our history. 
 

One mahapurakh even said that Sikhi is the panth of Raj Rishis. I dont know the name of that mahapurakh.
 

We are householder Yogis. 

However people on this forum will not accept anything Sikhi connected to what you said. People on this forum have a very deep personal political agenda, they will put labels & harrass Sikhs who do not agree with them. They want to alienate Sikhi from everything and make us look like fundamentalist. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, singhsince1981 said:

Thank you for sharing this. Very interesting to know this. Infact Ramayan / Mahabharat are part of Sikh history. Dhruv, Prahlad etc. This is all our history. 
 

One mahapurakh even said that Sikhi is the panth of Raj Rishis. I dont know the name of that mahapurakh.
 

We are householder Yogis. 

However people on this forum will not accept anything Sikhi connected to what you said. People on this forum have a very deep personal political agenda, they will put labels & harrass Sikhs who do not agree with them. They want to alienate Sikhi from everything and make us look like fundamentalist. 
 

 

I agree with everything you said except householder Yogis. More like householder Rishis.

For Sikhs who will like to know more about Ramayan or Mahabharata read Chabious avtar. More pacificaly Ram avtar and Krishna avtar.

Also Gobind Gita should be read.

All Sikhs should also read and study

Chanaka Raajneeti
Sarkutavali
Bhavrasamrit
Vichar Mala
Vairag Shatak
Parbodh Chandar Natak
Adhiatam Parkash
Birti Parbhakar
Vichar Sagar

I have just ordered Sarkuntavali English tika translated by Giani Kamalpreet Singh Ji.  Also about to read Vairag Shatak.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Thanks bro, I agree with the term Householder Rishi. Frankly I dont know the difference between Yogi & Rishi. Do know that Rishi is the person with long hair tied in a knot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few questions. 

So the bhagats didn't achieve mukti? and came back as the panj pyare and then got mukti ?

also, the panj pyare were South Asians (and men)  in their previous lives and then got reincarnated as South Asians again? 

what happens to Whites, Blacks, Chinese then etc ?    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

A few questions. 

So the bhagats didn't achieve mukti? and came back as the panj pyare and then got mukti ?

also, the panj pyare were South Asians (and men)  in their previous lives and then got reincarnated as South Asians again? 

what happens to Whites, Blacks, Chinese then etc ?    

No they were sent by Vahguru to return. They did achieve mukhti.

For 2 it is random but they were sent pacificaly so that is why.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, Arsh1469 said:

No they were sent by Vahguru to return. They did achieve mukhti.

For 2 it is random but they were sent pacificaly so that is why.

I agree with you Arsh1469. Brahmgyanis gat can only be known by brahmgyanis.

These kinds of question arise from a mind, that like to “think”, “analyse”, “logicalise” everything. Typical of westernized sikhs. Unfortunately thats not how things work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, puzzled said:

A few questions. 

So the bhagats didn't achieve mukti? and came back as the panj pyare and then got mukti ?

also, the panj pyare were South Asians (and men)  in their previous lives and then got reincarnated as South Asians again? 

what happens to Whites, Blacks, Chinese then etc ?    

What does a mans need to do in order to get mukhti?!!?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
42 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

What does a mans need to do in order to get mukhti?!!?

god's grace. 

Karmia aave kapda, nadri mokh duaar (the body is obtained by past meritous karmas , but liberation comes from grace)

But to be worthy of getting god's grace is to try your level best in spiritual pursuit . 

like for eg : the kid trying to get on top of the platform can't do it himself no matter how much he tries , still he does try and his father encourages him too all the while well aware he can't do it himself. After a while, the father picks the kid up and safely puts him on the platform. The kid could have never done it by his own no matter how much he tried but if he didn't persist , his father wouldn't have put him on the platform either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

god's grace. 

Karmia aave kapda, nadri mokh duaar (the body is obtained by past meritous karmas , but liberation comes from grace)

But to be worthy of getting god's grace is to try your level best in spiritual pursuit . 

like for eg : the kid trying to get on top of the platform can't do it himself no matter how much he tries , still he does try and his father encourages him too all the while well aware he can't do it himself. After a while, the father picks the kid up and safely puts him on the platform. The kid could have never done it by his own no matter how much he tried but if he didn't persist , his father wouldn't have put him on the platform either. 

From my experience the people who talk the most about mukhti will be ones who are least likely to attain it. Mukhti isn't the joke it's been made out to be by Sikhs. It takes thousands, dare I say millions of lifetimes to get there.  You have to earn it.  Yes, grace is a necessary component, but it's not fluke or luck.

A rapist who's made a career of his sins isn't going to be blessed with mukhti due to God deciding to bestow his grace upon him. The grace comes after (or IF) he's made a concerted effort to reform. Or it may not. Sikhs seem to think someone can go from being mired in evil 5hit one moment to sitting on God's right hand side with no conscious effort on the part of the soul. If that's the case then the karmic system doesn't exist, and we exist outside of the universal laws that dictate His creation that's existed for infinity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

From my experience the people who talk the most about mukhti will be ones who are least likely to attain it. Mukhti isn't the joke it's been made out to be by Sikhs. It takes thousands, dare I say millions of lifetimes to get there.  You have to earn it.  Yes, grace is a necessary component, but it's not fluke or luck.

A rapist who's made a career of his sins isn't going to be blessed with mukhti due to God deciding to bestow his grace upon him. The grace comes after (or IF) he's made a concerted effort to reform. Or it may not. Sikhs seem to think someone can go from being mired in evil 5hit one moment to sitting on God's right hand side with no conscious effort on the part of the soul. If that's the case then the karmic system doesn't exist, and we exist outside of the universal laws that dictate His creation that's existed for infinity.

You have simply reiterated what I said bro. 

Grace comes after deserving as I said. But even that's not guarantee.  

In another vein, I can show u passages from GGS which suggest sinners can too all of a sudden get spiritual moments but that's a reward for their past noble deeds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

What does a mans need to do in order to get mukhti?!!?

Detachment from all falsehood, oneness with reality/Waheguru. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

You have simply reiterated what I said bro. 

Grace comes after deserving as I said. But even that's not guarantee.  

In another vein, I can show u passages from GGS which suggest sinners can too all of a sudden get spiritual moments but that's a reward for their past noble deeds 

I feel that's another misunderstanding, too. Someone who's a serial rapist in his current life wasn't doing hard tapasya in his previous life. The journey of the soul is a gradual curve, not a wild swing between extremes. Those noble deeds you refer to are within the context and purview of the general scope of that particular soul's recent (relative over recent joons) experiences and capabilities. A rapist in his current life was (and I'm theorising to make my point) a cannibal previously; before that he was probably in an animal Joon. That gradual ascent of shedding previous ingrained instincts CANNOT be bypassed, because if he does, then the soul learns NOTHING. It makes a mockery of God's laws.

I'm beginning to see why you draw comparisons between us and Jews. 😁 Like them we believe we're special snowflakes who have a covenant with God at the expense of other religions and tribes; that the rules that apply to everyone else don't apply to us. That's very Jewish of us. It's wrong because Mool Mantra states without ambiguity that He favours nobody, i.e. He doesn't possess any human failings such as favouritism or partiality. There isn't a footnote at the bottom of the ang that says, "*Except Sikhs and Jews." 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MisterrSingh

Just lastnight I started reading an old book about Baba Nand Singh ji, written by one of his followers I believe. The author writes that Baba ji used to say to save ourselves from from kaam rupi nadi, maya rupi nadi. The author then says, the reader should question how many people have been able to save themselves from these vices ? 

Mukti really is very difficult. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

@MisterrSingh

Just lastnight I started reading an old book about Baba Nand Singh ji, written by one of his followers I believe. The author writes that Baba ji used to say to save ourselves from from kaam rupi nadi, maya rupi nadi. The author then says, the reader should question how many people have been able to save themselves from these vices ? 

Mukti really is very difficult. 

I'd be very, very disappointed in the majesty of Akal Purak's khel if it was easy. I know for a fact that I'm going to be back for who knows how many more lifetimes despite taking Amrit at 14. I'm not acting like I'm Bally Big Balls under the misapprehension that I'm going to Sachkhand. I haven't hurt anyone in my life; I've played by the rules to the best of my capabilities despite all the obstacles I've faced. I've kept in Chardhi Kala in situations that would've destroyed others, realising that God's with me if I keep plugging away. There's no entitlement on my part. I know what I'm here to do, and I hope I get the chance to do it. I have zero grand dreams of anything beyond that. I'm not the finished article by a long shot, and it makes me laugh when others assume freeing yourself from karma is simple. It's so not.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I guess if it is OK for recently arrived Punjabis to settle down with East European women and have Sikh kids then there is nothing wrong in settling down with a Chinese woman. The Chinese are ultimately a dharmic people (if we take the current political situation out of the question) and have always been interested in what happens west of their border.  
    • Tbh, even "our own" can't be trusted. I personally stopped giving a damn what other people thought a long time ago, especially when it comes to rishta/marriage. 
    • In ultimate truth time is an illusion (Akal). All there is, is present the now. God created itself in many forms to create contrast ( limiting itself in forms)
    • There is a massive difference between the Sikh experience in the UK vs the US. The UK is a much better place to be a Sikh. The biggest difference-maker is population density. According to the 2011 census, there were (at the time) about 432,000 Sikhs in the UK. Accounting for some population growth and uncounted people (such as illegal immigrants), there are probably at least 500,000 Sikhs in the UK today. Now take into consideration that the UK has a population of about 67 million crammed into a relatively small island. And also consider that most of the Sikhs live in certain parts of the UK that have relatively large Sikh populations (e.g. West London, Birmingham area, etc.). There are not official figures on Sikhs in the US, but based on data about people from and Indian background and Punjab-speaking background, 250,000 is probably a very conservative upper bound on the US Sikh population. And then consider that the US is a massive country and has a population of about 330 million. As a consequence, Sikhs are much less visible and much less powerful (as a community) in the US than they are in the UK. In the UK, I feel like most people have an awareness of who Sikhs are. When I have been in the UK, it is a bit of a relief to not feel like I have to constantly point out that I'm not an Arab or a Muslim. In the US, nobody had a clue what a Sikh was when I was growing up. It is getting a bit better now, but it's still not great.   Anyway, aside from how Sikhs are viewed by the general population, I think the population density of Sikhs is most important for the Sikh community itself. It makes for a greater support system for more religiously inclined Sikhs. Further, the critical mass enables people who don't come from religious families to nevertheless gain exposure to Sikhi and get into it as they grow older. That's probably why examples of monay who become Singhs are much more frequent in the UK than in the US.    
    • Just found he is Muslim. And he sang the praise of the Khalsa..... amazing. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use