Sick of being religious

Guest Young Singh

Guest Young Singh

Hello all, 

*deleted*. Im 23 years old and I’m utterly sick of being a religious (edited) and carry around this burden. It feels like being stuck in a rut. I have enormous respect for the founders (edited) and what they were about. I feel like I just can’t live up to the expectations expected of me. I have enormous respect for my fellow community (edited). Day by day I get farther and farther from it. I’ve stopped doing prayer (edited) and it’s been painful going about my day without it. The trauma is surreal almost as if I’m experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a drug. Is there anyone else out there that feels this way? Anyone who’s overcome this? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you. 

• The title was changed to Sick of being religious
On 9/3/2021 at 3:46 AM, Guest Young Singh said:

Day by day I get farther and farther from it. I’ve stopped doing prayer (edited) and it’s been painful going about my day without it. The trauma is surreal almost as if I’m experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a drug. Is there anyone else out there that feels this way? Anyone who’s overcome this? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Life can throw some serious stuff at us, and sometimes (from my personal experience), we get taken away from the discipline. 

You just seem to be having an experience many of us do: the further we get away from our dharam, the more lost we feel.

I'd say, whatever you give up, don't give up simran. 

What you've experienced can be viewed as an experiment of sort. Look at how you're feeling when you remove something from your life - worse or better? What's that telling you? 

And don't be 'religious' have dharam.  

Guest Routine meditation
On 9/3/2021 at 3:46 AM, Guest Young Singh said:

Hello all, 

*deleted*. Im 23 years old and I’m utterly sick of being a religious (edited) and carry around this burden. It feels like being stuck in a rut. I have enormous respect for the founders (edited) and what they were about. I feel like I just can’t live up to the expectations expected of me. I have enormous respect for my fellow community (edited). Day by day I get farther and farther from it. I’ve stopped doing prayer (edited) and it’s been painful going about my day without it. The trauma is surreal almost as if I’m experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a drug. Is there anyone else out there that feels this way? Anyone who’s overcome this? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you. 

You need to become a balanced soul, i.e 9-5 work, 6-7 exercise, evening meditate. Just apply gurbani to your life, the prayers are reading, understanding and applying. If you just read it once or twice and apply 100 percent, to your life, you've gotten further than hundreds of sikhs doing lip service everyday, not bothering to actually live the gyan, ie Truth in action. There are many of those kinds of people out there. If you read gurbani, apply it 100 percent. You were probably applying it half way- which is why you dont want to do it anymore. Surrender should be complete, not halfway. I can learn from this too.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, Guest Young Singh said:

Hello all, 

You could keep being spiritual and disciplined but add Bhang and Anand Karaj? And stop giving a <banned word filter activated> about what people think. Or travel. 

Do Shastar Vidya. Train with weapons. Climb a rock. Take a run. 

On 9/6/2021 at 1:53 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Life can throw some serious stuff at us, and sometimes (from my personal experience), we get taken away from the discipline. 

You just seem to be having an experience many of us do: the further we get away from our dharam, the more lost we feel.

I'd say, whatever you give up, don't give up simran. 

What you've experienced can be viewed as an experiment of sort. Look at how you're feeling when you remove something from your life - worse or better? What's that telling you? 

And don't be 'religious' have dharam.  

No idea why this post was downvoted !