Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello , I have disrespected guru granth sahib ji maharaj countless times.

I still continue to disrespect guru ji sometimes I dream where I am disrespecting guru ji saroop in very unspeakable ways.

Kindly let me know what I can do to stop my mind of condemning such acts.

  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jaskaransingh12 said:

Hello , I have disrespected guru granth sahib ji maharaj countless times.

I still continue to disrespect guru ji sometimes I dream where I am disrespecting guru ji saroop in very unspeakable ways.

Kindly let me know what I can do to stop my mind of condemning such acts.

  

You have to take up the parts of Sikhi you want, or are capable of living up to. It sounds like you've had the Guru Granth Sahib forced on you. 

Which means. Some Sikh things will work for you, and some wont until they're freed from the attachments and aversions to Sikhi. 

So you may have to work outside angles and Sikhi both until Sikhi belongs to you not your family or people's perceptions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are your dreams Krodh or Kaam? The above answer is for Krodh. 

You can listen to talks by Lester Levenson and Larry Crane on youtube. Lester shared the Sedona method of releasing and meditating. 

They sell a cheesy marketed book called the abundance course. Ignore the name and do the exercises. Get the workbook one. Bah. They jacked the price after Larry died. I'll find one pdf and you can print it. 

You'll get to enjoy something outside of Sikhi that fundamnetally links to Sikhi. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres the workbook. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tLPJ4lzgFzy_3WybfDI-v81JeD6Fc4qQ/view?usp=drivesdk

And the book. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQeoSXlK8xvs4gsLosx_iH759EHK7w_G/view?usp=drivesdk

You can work this and fix anything and delve deeper and more freely into Purtan Gursikhi. You can pm me any time bro. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jaskaransingh12 said:

Hello , I have disrespected guru granth sahib ji maharaj countless times.

I still continue to disrespect guru ji sometimes I dream where I am disrespecting guru ji saroop in very unspeakable ways.

Kindly let me know what I can do to stop my mind of condemning such acts.

  

Considering that if you are not case of an internet troll, below is my opinion -

It is unspeakable and shows that you have lot to work to do to tame the demon "Mun" (soul/mind) of yours. If you have certain thoughts - too much of negativity then you may also discuss with your dr to need to see the psychologist. 

As per gurbani, Win your mind and you will win the whole universe. Currently, you mind is your biggest enemy out there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Considering that if you are not case of an internet troll, below is my opinion -

It is unspeakable and shows that you have lot to work to do to tame the demon "Mun" (soul/mind) of yours. If you have certain thoughts - too much of negativity then you may also discuss with your dr to need to see the psychologist. 

As per gurbani, Win your mind and you will win the whole universe. Currently, you mind is your biggest enemy out there.

Bro. Since you're here doin your thing, can we nab the reaction trolls too?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Misread your earlier post. I was talking about reporting any reply that should not be on our forums. 
 

for reaction, you are talking about the negative votes? 

There's a long standing tradition of using downvote and confused bootha to harass a member rather than really being about the content. And they usually come with no textual response so they don't really contribute to the dialogue. 

We should make reactions visible and remove those two possibly, or be on the lookout for people abusing the system. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

There's a long standing tradition of using downvote and confused bootha to harass a member rather than really being about the content. And they usually come with no textual response so they don't really contribute to the dialogue. 

We should make reactions visible and remove those two possibly, or be on the lookout for people abusing the system. 

Agree 100%

And maybe if possible, restrict the use of these responses to members with minimum of 50 or 100 posts

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, @S1ngh

If you're one of the  mods, please review the use of appropriate sub-fora ; there seems  to be much incorrect use of 'What's happening' for non-Sikh news articles

Also, might be worth merging the 'Sakhian/books' with 'History'; and have 'Gurbani' on its own

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use